Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 01:15   #10876
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hey Sam,
This is Jake here. need some help for an audio setup and u seem to be go-to person in these parts
Just got an indica vista diesel and need to get some tunes in there and was wondering how to go about it. On a real tight budget as the car blew a big hole already. Friend of mine told me to get a base HU from pioneer, 5'1/2 components (Boston) up front and and ovals for the parcel tray ( tsunami/jl/Boston) .. I am clueless as this is not really ma thing. Care to shed some light ? Appreciate it

Last edited by jakesride : 2nd May 2011 at 01:23.
Old 4th May 2011, 22:30   #10877
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hello All,

A Query regarding Speaker upgrade for my Manza Elan.I would like to retain my current HU. Its blaupunkt factory fitted HU with bluetooth. I quite like the functionality and the integration with the dash, so i do not think i would want to change it.

So ideally a speaker upgrade is what I am looking at.
Front Components for around 6k max, Rear fills at around 6k max and if needed an amplifier that can sufficiently power these two pairs.

My queries are -
What brands do i look for in my budget for the speakers?

I have never actually heard any audio install with front components(my bad) so I am curious to know whether the components can deliver bass. ?

I would not go for a sub, hence i look to the these speakers to fulfill the duties of bass reproduction.

My alto has JBL 938s as rear fills and some coaxials up front - i like the way how the bass comes from the rear and vocals come from up front. of course this install is far from perfect the install being the most decisive factor here. so anyway thats my reference point - not good enough i know.

And wrt to the Amplifier, in pure layman terms what would be the biggest gains from using an amplifier?

Do I go for 2ch or or 4ch? assuming the 2ch powers the front compos (right?)

If I do not want to invest in high end wires and cables what options do i have?

I need a powerful enough systems with my said conditions, a system that will not 'distort' even when cranked up. Please note that he conditions are in terms of the system- as in only rear fills+front components,stock HU and no subwoofer. If the budget is very restrictive I might break down the project and go stage wise.

I think I have pretty much asked what i wanted to know , apologies if answers do exist already in the thread.

cheers!
sai
Old 5th May 2011, 11:10   #10878
BHPian

Vista : audio

Sam, Guys, Anyone ...
Doesn't anybody want to give me a hand here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesride View Post
Hey Sam,
This is Jake here. need some help for an audio setup and u seem to be go-to person in these parts
Just got an indica vista diesel and need to get some tunes in there and was wondering how to go about it. On a real tight budget as the car blew a big hole already. Friend of mine told me to get a base HU from pioneer, 5'1/2 components (Boston) up front and and ovals for the parcel tray ( tsunami/jl/Boston) .. I am clueless as this is not really ma thing. Care to shed some light ? Appreciate it
Old 5th May 2011, 11:57   #10879
BHPian

Re: Vista : audio

Quote:
Sam, Guys, Anyone ...
Doesn't anybody want to give me a hand here ?
Hi Jake, please let us know your budget and we shall suggest a setup accordingly...Thank you.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:04   #10880
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Friend of mine told me to get a base HU from pioneer, 5'1/2 components (Boston) up front and and ovals for the parcel tray ( tsunami/jl/Boston) ..
I would not put Tsunami speakers in the same league as either Boston or JL.

Both Boston and JL are a step above the basic ranges from JBL, Blauunkt etc. What is your bduget?

Component speakers in the front and 6x9 ovals in the parcel tray is indeed a good option. You will need to get a parcel tray made of MDF to keep it from resonating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
So ideally a speaker upgrade is what I am looking at.
Front Components for around 6k max, Rear fills at around 6k max

I am curious to know whether the components can deliver bass. ?

I would not go for a sub, hence i look to the these speakers to fulfill the duties of bass reproduction.

Do I go for 2ch or or 4ch? assuming
There are plenty of speakers to choose from in the 6k/ pair range. Starting from JBL, Boston, Polk, Blaupunkt, etc...

For 7k or so you can get a good 4 ch amp from Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL, etc. This amp will drive the front and rear speakers well. Much better than your HU's internal amp. Keep in mind that you will need about 2k for RCA cables as well.

So your budget will look something like this:
Front and rear speakers: 12K
4 ch. Amp with RCA and install labour: 10K
Old 6th May 2011, 07:30   #10881
BHPian

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Thanks for the replies guys .. appreciate it

Well, Im looking at the cheapest deal I can get here.

I need bass but from my limited knowledge, I understand that my requirement does not warrant an amp or a separate sub. I need crisp clear vocals complimented by decent bass, not boom boom kaboom.

I have only about 12k to spare actually. Pio would be the HU of choice, right ? I need just the regular ( ipod compatibility, Usb stick etc).. Is there a particular model I need to be looking for? and what kind of speakers can we work out in this budget? I know the budget is really restricting but I don't see more money coming in any time soon so don't want to wait and get something later.

Thanks in advance
Old 6th May 2011, 09:05   #10882
BHPian

I want to upgrade the audio system of my swift. At present it has a basic Pioneer HU (1190) and two co-axial speakers at the front door which was installed by the earlier owner. My wishlist is: i) A BT enabled HU - if they come within 5K - if not I'll keep the present HU . ii) Install a pair of components for the front door (budget is 5K). iii) Move the front door co-axials to the rear door slot. iv) Later install 6/9s on the parcel tray. So, please inform me whether BT enabled HU can be sourced within 5K (w/o B/W of course) and also the components to choose. OT can't format the text above - whenever I edit and save changes it reverts back to the above format which is a pain to read :(

Last edited by archat68 : 6th May 2011 at 09:09.
Old 6th May 2011, 10:23   #10883
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, none of the BT enabled HUs would come at that price. If you check with installers, you might find a decent used piece - Blau Hamburg, Kenwood, etc. Otherwise, check the price of a Nokia or Parrot BT car kit at your friendly neighborhood mobile shop.

For components, look for Auditor, Blaupunkt THc or Bull. If you don't change HU now, perhaps you should buy the 6x9s now - should be 3.5-4K. Will make the listening experience far better than having the round coaxes in the door.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 10:26   #10884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I need bass but from my limited knowledge, I understand that my requirement does not warrant an amp or a separate sub. I need crisp clear vocals complimented by decent bass, not boom boom kaboom.
Besides Pio you could also look at Kenwood HUs. Bull Audio components have very good bass for the price they retail at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
ii) Install a pair of components for the front door (budget is 5K).
Checkout Morel Maximos, Bull Audio 6.5" comps & JBL's GTO 608c. (Sound Quality is in the same order as per me)
Finding a BT enabled HU in 5k could be little tough.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:36   #10885
BHPian

2din navigation HU's bought from USA come with preloaded U.S. maps. Would it be possible to load these HU's with Indian maps ? Has anybody tried this before ?
Old 6th May 2011, 13:08   #10886
BHPian

hey thanks

How much are the comps from bull ? how big are they , as in will they fit into
the vista doors without cutting/adding spacers etc ?
And what bout the rear ?
any particular models in pio or kenwood and how much do they retail at ?

[quote=fine69;2340459]Besides Pio you could also look at Kenwood HUs. Bull Audio components have very good bass for the price they retail at.
Old 6th May 2011, 13:46   #10887
BHPian

Thanks guys for clarifying.
BTW how much I need to shell out for a BT HU ?

There is one ad for JL Audio Component speaker in the TBHP classifieds. How is it?

Last edited by DerAlte : 6th May 2011 at 23:10.
Old 6th May 2011, 17:16   #10888
BHPian

My friend needs a 2DIN DVD HU for his i10.

Please suggest some VFM options.

Thank you.
Old 6th May 2011, 19:19   #10889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
My friend needs a 2DIN DVD HU for his i10.

Please suggest some VFM options.

Thank you.
You can look at the below models, i guess they all are in the range of 22k-25k
Pioneer - AVH-P4390DVD, AVH-P3350BT
JVC - KW-AVX846
donarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 23:19   #10890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
2din navigation HU's bought from USA come with preloaded U.S. maps. Would it be possible to load these HU's with Indian maps ? Has anybody tried this before ?
If they are running Garmin, yes you can. Have tested with a Kenwood unit (DNX7340BTM) and Satguide, MMI and Garmin City Navigator NT India maps. Most of such units support maps on SD Cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Thanks guys for clarifying.
BTW how much I need to shell out for a BT HU ?

There is one ad for JL Audio Component speaker in the TBHP classifieds. How is it?
The least price I have ever seen is a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 for about 9K if you can find one.

JL Audio components should be good, better than those available new for 5-6K.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks