Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 20:10   #10861
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

My Corsa was wired so that the ICE would always remain on.

The pros are it always worked, just cutting out when the car was started or re-started.

The con (big one) was that it is needed to completely turn off the ICE or remove the faceplate when not listening or it would drain the battery.

All ICE sets have two power leads, one connects to the main power bus and the other to the sensing bus. In the Corsa factory setting (using connector provided by GM) the sense bus connects to position 3 (engine run terminal). Actually I'm not even sure why there was a position 2 because there was nothing different between position 2 and 3.

Anyway it's a simple matter of cutting the factory harness and rewiring it to ACC terminal. The diagram is available online, though I'm not sure where the ACC terminal is available in the car. Therefore my installer wired it to the battery, same as the main power terminal.
Old 27th April 2011, 20:24   #10862
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
My Corsa was wired so that the ICE would always remain on.

The pros are it always worked, just cutting out when the car was started or re-started.

The con (big one) was that it is needed to completely turn off the ICE or remove the faceplate when not listening or it would drain the battery.

All ICE sets have two power leads, one connects to the main power bus and the other to the sensing bus. In the Corsa factory setting (using connector provided by GM) the sense bus connects to position 3 (engine run terminal). Actually I'm not even sure why there was a position 2 because there was nothing different between position 2 and 3.

Anyway it's a simple matter of cutting the factory harness and rewiring it to ACC terminal. The diagram is available online, though I'm not sure where the ACC terminal is available in the car. Therefore my installer wired it to the battery, same as the main power terminal.
Oh! No, I was looking for something like I have in the Zen : the ICE will work as long as the key is in position 2 i.e. not ignition but the key is slotted.

Having a direct powe supply would mean the battery getting drained if I left the panel in place.
Old 27th April 2011, 21:44   #10863
BHPian

Exactly, so you need to figure out the location of the ACC bus.
Old 28th April 2011, 10:46   #10864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My Corsa was wired so that the ICE would always remain on......In the Corsa factory setting (using connector provided by GM) the sense bus connects to position 3 (engine run terminal). Actually I'm not even sure why there was a position 2 because there was nothing different between position 2 and 3.
Quote:
Exactly, so you need to figure out the location of the ACC bus.
My wife had an Opel Sail. We had the same problem. So we had it connected so the ICE was always on (like Cranky).

Funnily though the installer was able to connect a Blaupunkt HU so that it was triggered by the ignition but not the Alpine 9833. We dont have this car anymore and since I did not do the install myself I cant remember more.
Old 28th April 2011, 16:02   #10865
BHPian

I have an Alpine 9886 HU and an Inifinity Kappa 4 Amp. What are the other components that i need to consider that will blend with this HU and Amp.

I would need the recommendation for the Front, Rear Comps, Sub and Mono Amp.

Installation is planned for an Innova.

Please suggest, i will source from usa.
Old 28th April 2011, 23:57   #10866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The ICE on my Corsa works only when the key is in ignition.
I am quite in the mind to have the wiring changed so the ICE works without the key having to be on Ignition. Here's what I want to know before that -
1) Are any of the 2 configurations technically better?
2) is it DIY type?
Ha. I just came to this thread to post a query and see that libranof1987 and i need the same solution for different issues. Ok. Guru's here. Please help. Again.

I recently installed a pioneer 4390 dvd player in my I20.
I love the player for everything except for one thing. I hate the read times in this player. Usb / SD card / dvd takes close to 30 seconds to read
The default player used to take 3 to 5 seconds. I don't know why it is taking so long. I use a 16 gb pen drive and 4 gb SD card.

I thought its taking long coz it tries to read images and video files too (I have some images and video files on the pen drive) . But don't think that is the cause since when I switch from songs to video media, it takes 30 more seconds to read. (It takes 30 seconds even if you toggle between Radio and back to pen drive)
It's less of a problem if you don't switch off the car when you travel. But since I drive it around in Bangalore, I switch off the car at every signal (there is a signal every 100 meters here).

I thought of some solutions and checked with smaller sized pen drives. There was only a small improvement in read times with a 4 gig pen drive .
It's become really irritating these days. Looking for solutions. I thought of some.
1. Connect the player directly to the battery and have a switch to control it. Drawback - if I forget to turn off after I get down, ill have to keep changing batteries very often.
2. Try and find a power source which is on as long as the car key is in the key slot.
I think the I20 has a sensor on the key slot since I have noticed that the parking lights go off once you take the keys out and open the doors (assuming you left the parking lights on). Can i tap and power my HU from this ?. The parking lights remain on till you open the door even if you take the keys out ! [Its like an AND condition, The key has to be taken out AND the door has to be opened for the parking lights to go off]

Is it practical doing this ?
Old 29th April 2011, 00:09   #10867
BHPian

I am ice'ing my Wagon R.
Added the JBL X-333 & GT5-S204 Speakers in the front.(4" Stock Location )
Please suggest me some good options for the amp and the rear fills.
A 4 channel amp around 5-7k and same for the rear fills.
Might be adding the sub in a month .
How about GT5-S422 or Kenwood KAC-M645?

I listen to all sorts of music - rock, hip hop,dance,pop but a major chunk is bollywood.
Old 29th April 2011, 00:33   #10868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
thanx ramie bhai..i just love pioneer 4350 DVD.but it doest come with front detachable faceplate.i am thinking about 2 din just for the looks.dont like alpines single din lookwise.what are the other options for 2 din with detachable faceplate.or i should go for single din only?in that case i didnt like alpine 117.would choose 103.how about pioneer 9350?
If you really want a detachable face plate and a double din touch screen, Check out the JVC AVX 836. Should be around your 25k budget. A very impressive value for money HU. I had set my sights on it but ended up getting the Pioneer 4390.

PS : Mods, i made 2 posts within a short duration, Please merge if you need to. Noticed the post from procircuit a little late. Thanks.
Old 29th April 2011, 12:54   #10869
BHPian

Any inputs will be greatly appreciate.

I have an Alpine 9886 HU and an Inifinity Kappa 4 Amp. I am planning to buy Comps and mono from USA.

Please provide a recommendation on the comps and mono amp that will go with 9886 and Inf Kappa 4 amp.
Old 30th April 2011, 19:11   #10870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Any inputs will be greatly appreciate.

I have an Alpine 9886 HU and an Inifinity Kappa 4 Amp. I am planning to buy Comps and mono from USA.

Please provide a recommendation on the comps and mono amp that will go with 9886 and Inf Kappa 4 amp.
Senthil, could you pls mention the budget for comps and mono. Are you planning to have the Kappa 4 power comps on 4 doors ?
Old 30th April 2011, 22:49   #10871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Senthil, could you pls mention the budget for comps and mono. Are you planning to have the Kappa 4 power comps on 4 doors ?
Hiya Arun, haven't decided about the budget yet, not thought about the budget yet since i was planning to source from usa. Just wanted to shortlist suitable components first. Anyway in this ICE section, the budgeted and actual is never going to be the same

Weel, i am not sure on how to drive the amp and thats where I need suggestions as well.
Old 1st May 2011, 08:08   #10872
BHPian

Hi Senthil, Why not go for the kappa One mono. It has a very small footprint like your kappa4 and would be suitable for installation in an Innova.
Old 1st May 2011, 14:06   #10873
BHPian

Guys please suggest me some cheap but branded BlueTooth enabled HU.
Old 1st May 2011, 16:55   #10874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Hi Senthil, Why not go for the kappa One mono. It has a very small footprint like your kappa4 and would be suitable for installation in an Innova.
Hey Sathee, its been a very very long time indeed. how are you, are you back from blr.

Ok, then i will consider the Kappa One.

What about the front and rear comps for this? Should i go for rear comp or co-axial?
Old 1st May 2011, 22:37   #10875
BHPian

HI,
i have taken ground zero gztw 30t (12") subwoofer,right know it is running in sealed box.
im going to upgarde the amplifier to gto 1004.So want to try both in sealed and ported.I need the proper dimensions and cuft for these subwoofer.Here is the link for enclosure.
:: Ground Zero :: Download Center / enclosure recommendation
Im not getting the dimensions specified overhere.
please help me in building ported box.Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks