Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 21:10   #10291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Guys a very urgent query.
I have seen the pioneer touch screen head units on the website. Planning to ask relatives to get it. Before ordering it, wanted to confirm if it will fit comfortably into the verna double din slot. Can anyone please confirm if the sizes match?

Pioneer USA - AVH-P4200DVD - In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver with 7'' Touchscreen Display
Of course, it will, Prasanna.
Old 21st July 2010, 00:06   #10292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Of course, it will, Prasanna.
Just wanted to confirm, cause some HU come in weird sizes right, like that 1.5 Din or something in some brand.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:14   #10293
BHPian

Gurus,

Will the placement of sub woofer facing towards the amp in the boot enhance the cooling? I have a feeling that due to the air displacement while the sub works? Please clarify.

Usually installers says never install Sub and Amp face to face to avoid loose connections due to vibrations. In effect, it’s really pushing the air towards and enhancing the cooling, that’s my logic. Is it correct?
Old 22nd July 2010, 02:07   #10294
BHPian

Sensei ,

I recently got myself a brand new Kenwood x8016BT ( same as x994) for a pretty good price. But the trouble is after having spent 5-7 yrs with Pioneer HU's all around me, I kinda miss the brightness in sound and overall surround effect. I am just running my Kenwood HU on rear Pioneer Coax (in a box). Ironically, the same coax sound much better with the latest Pioneer HU on my cousin's i10 and even better when used with an old Cassette player Pioneer HU in my Wagon R. It seems as if kenny's lack the punch or maybe its a case of bad sound tuning/ settings on my HU. I have been told if I want to make my sound brighter from here on, I need to choose my front comps accordingly (suggestions for comps with sharper highs... i.e. if this 'gyaan' is correct?)

While I like the fact that it doesn't hurt my ear anymore and I can listen to stuff all day long in my car, but is there a way to 'basterd-ize' (for lack of a better word) my kenny into a Pioneer ? I want one setting where its as bright as it would be on a Pioneer HU.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:15   #10295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello Gurus,
I am planning a step by step upgrade for my 2006 Civic.

To begin with I want to change the speakers and tweeters that came with the car. I want to install components in the front but I am getting confusing verdicts from accessory shops.

Is it necessary to install an amplifier for the components to work? And secondly, would I need a sub-woofer for the bass? One accessory shop tells me that the component speakers would not give out any bass, hence I would need a sub.

I don't quite believe this but I would love to hear from you. I also want to change the rear speaker but don't know which ones to go for, components/coaxial's/6x9. Looking for advice here as well.

I don't want to change the head unit of the car but stingy Honda has skipped the AUX-IN for it. I know for fact that the later models came with the same HU but with AUX-IN cable provided. I spoke to one shop in Milan subway and he is quoting INR 5K for it, saying its a genuine Honda accessory.

Honda service centers are unable to help me with this. Looking forward to your replies.

Many thanks

Can someone please help me with this one? Pretty please...

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:16   #10296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please help me with this one? Pretty please...

Thanks in advance.
If you are looking for good Bass and you expect there will be big difference by installing components you will be disappointed.

My ANHC is having decent front speakers and i am planning to upgrade by just installing amps and Subs.
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:24   #10297
BHPian

DEH 7250 ipod touch 3rd gen support

Hello friends,

I'm planning to get a Pioneer DEH 7250 unit from Singapore (without warranty). I have a question though. Surprisingly, all manuals of 7250 mention no support for ipod touch 3rd Gen. It came out in Sep 2009 but apparently no support yet from Pioneer.

Does anyone here has used 7250 with Ipod touch 3G?

I am assuming I can still connect the ipod using a normal USB connection and can play songs through the 7250/speaker system though I will not be able to control the ipod touch 3rd gen using the HU. Is this correct?

Thanks
Brij
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:40   #10298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Hello friends,

I'm planning to get a Pioneer DEH 7250 unit from Singapore (without warranty). I have a question though. Surprisingly, all manuals of 7250 mention no support for ipod touch 3rd Gen. It came out in Sep 2009 but apparently no support yet from Pioneer.

Does anyone here has used 7250 with Ipod touch 3G?

I am assuming I can still connect the ipod using a normal USB connection and can play songs through the 7250/speaker system though I will not be able to control the ipod touch 3rd gen using the HU. Is this correct?

Thanks
Brij
I have the 3rd gen ipod touch and I use it with my pioneer 5150 (2009 model). It wil give you error 19 everytime it starts up, then you have to change the source to something else then come back to usb and it will read. You can use all functionalities after it reads.
Now and then it will give you error 19 and not go away no matter how many times you change the source. You will have to unplug the usb and perform some rituals, basically give the usb a break, then start it up again, it should work.
You can always try a demo once before going in for it.
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:28   #10299
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have an opinion on JL XR 650 CSi component speakers? I had never even heard of JL Audio before this week. Do they make good speakers?
Old 24th July 2010, 00:40   #10300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
If you are looking for good Bass and you expect there will be big difference by installing components you will be disappointed.

My ANHC is having decent front speakers and i am planning to upgrade by just installing amps and Subs.
Yeah, I got to know that today. Demo'd a friends Corolla was not impressed at all. My stock front speakers sound much better, thank you Honda.

So now my plan's have changed. I will not install comp's up front, instead will opt for 6x9 or co-axials in the tray and will for a simple 4 channel amp and a decent sounding woofer.

My local installer has recommended focal 6x9's and kicker woofer and Auidptor amp, no model numbers unfortunately. I will open up a new thread asking specific questions.

Thanks shamanth!
Old 24th July 2010, 12:04   #10301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
I have the 3rd gen ipod touch and I use it with my pioneer 5150 (2009 model). It wil give you error 19 everytime it starts up, then you have to change the source to something else then come back to usb and it will read. You can use all functionalities after it reads.
Now and then it will give you error 19 and not go away no matter how many times you change the source. You will have to unplug the usb and perform some rituals, basically give the usb a break, then start it up again, it should work.
You can always try a demo once before going in for it.
Pras, thanks for the response. I looked at this too late. My brother has already bought this and is on his way to Delhi. Couldn't check it on ipod 3G, damn. Looks like I will have to do all sorts of rituals to get it to work!
Old 24th July 2010, 13:09   #10302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Pras, thanks for the response. I looked at this too late. My brother has already bought this and is on his way to Delhi. Couldn't check it on ipod 3G, damn. Looks like I will have to do all sorts of rituals to get it to work!
Well ritual is only when you turn the ipod off and on. If you leave it on then no issues on start up. If your leaving the car for a short time dont turn off the ipod, put it on stand by.
You will get used to it. Pioneers are very user friendly.
Old 24th July 2010, 23:25   #10303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I got to know that today. Demo'd a friends Corolla was not impressed at all. My stock front speakers sound much better, thank you Honda.

So now my plan's have changed. I will not install comp's up front, instead will opt for 6x9 or co-axials in the tray and will for a simple 4 channel amp and a decent sounding woofer.

My local installer has recommended focal 6x9's and kicker woofer and Auidptor amp, no model numbers unfortunately. I will open up a new thread asking specific questions.

Thanks shamanth!

and its Auditor IIRC.
Old 26th July 2010, 17:19   #10304
BHPian

Seems no one noticed!

Seems no one noticed, re-posting once again:

Experts,

Will the placement of sub woofer facing towards the amp in the boot enhance the cooling? Usually installers says never install Sub and Amp face to face to avoid loose connections due to vibrations.I have a feeling that due to the air displacement while the sub works, it will improve the air circulation and there by more efficient cooling. This is purely my logic, Is it correct?
Old 26th July 2010, 17:28   #10305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Seems no one noticed, re-posting once again:

Experts,

Will the placement of sub woofer facing towards the amp in the boot enhance the cooling? Usually installers says never install Sub and Amp face to face to avoid loose connections due to vibrations.I have a feeling that due to the air displacement while the sub works, it will improve the air circulation and there by more efficient cooling. This is purely my logic, Is it correct?
NO it will not aid cooling. Which enclosure do you have ???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks