Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 21:47   #10066
BHPian

ICE for scorpio

setup is in scorpio. 90%, it would be just me and co-passenger.

so is it advisable to go for 4 speakers without sub and 4 channel mid-price amp or 2 speakers with sub and 2 channel high end amp (add rear speakers without amp in later stage if required)?

suggestions on amp is welcome. im a novice in this regard and prefer to buy based on advice.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:27   #10067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
so is it advisable to go for 4 speakers without sub and 4 channel mid-price amp or 2 speakers with sub and 2 channel high end amp (add rear speakers without amp in later stage if required)?.
A subwoofer will require an amp but will produce low frequencies that the smaller 5"-6" midbasses cannot. However a subwoofer needs space and adds about 12K to your budget (prices for a good system prices start at 6K for the sub, 3K for the amp, 1K for the box, 2K for the RCA and Power wires and install).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Thanks again, also pls guide me on which model AMP and subwoofer can I go, wont be able to spend more than 8-10K on both as of now.
If you get a basic JBL sub (forget model number) powered by a 2 ch. Sony amp (bridged) it will still cost you about 12K.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:33   #10068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
Hi guyz,

yet again the same question. I am buying a CHEVY BEAT, expecting it next week.

Budget - 10k -15k. will be driven by me.

After lot of thinking i came up with AMP JBL GT5-S422 (expected price 3500). And i plan couple of OVALS at the back, and 2-way component in the front.

Is the AMP a good choice for the budget?? and What Speakers the GURUS suggest.

BTW i have read somewhere, its 4" inch stock speakers both in dash and parcel tray.

Guruz... any help... I am confused with the 4" stock speakers. Will i void warranty if i try to fit in a bigger speakers by widening holes. And is the amp choice good for the setup???
Old 26th March 2010, 11:35   #10069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
Guruz... any help... I am confused with the 4" stock speakers. Will i void warranty if i try to fit in a bigger speakers by widening holes. And is the amp choice good for the setup???
Widening holes should not void warranty.
Since you'll drive yourself, you could just have front compos and the sub. Drop the rear ovals and use that money towards a better set of components.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:39   #10070
Senior - BHPian

Does the Civic's stock Alpine HU have an Ai-Net socket? Is it possible to connect the PXA-100 to it?

mods: creating a separate post (as opposed to adding to the earlier one) since the topic is different.
Old 27th March 2010, 14:44   #10071

hi all. just a small bit about myself. i am a newbie here. dont know too much about icing up my ohc so turning to u gurus for some advice.now here is my question....
i already have a HU pioneer (pls dont ask me the model). its a bit old but will do for now. i already have booked the Kicker ZX 5 chanel amp from US. ijust got the GTO 947ltd for 6500. is this overpriced? lot of my friends seem to suggest so.
also i find the sound on this to be a bit too trebble is too loud (i guess thats what u guys call bright)
should i get this changed? if so which coaxial speakers for the back?
also which components for the front.
also, what woofer or basetube would you recomend.
i generally listen to rock, to be honest all kinds of music including hindi music, just on my mood.
really look forward for ur advices. do not have a budjet cap
Old 28th March 2010, 08:38   #10072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Does the Civic's stock Alpine HU have an Ai-Net socket? Is it possible to connect the PXA-100 to it?
DOes the Civic have an OEM Alpine HU? I'm not so sure about this. If the HU is indeed an Alpine and has a AInet bus port the port will cealrly be labelled on the back of the HU (usually engraved).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysdome View Post
i already have a HU pioneer (pls dont ask me the model). its a bit old but will do for now. i already have booked the Kicker ZX 5 chanel amp from US. ijust got the GTO 947ltd for 6500. is this overpriced?
also i find the sound on this to be a bit too trebble is too loud
should i get this changed? if so which coaxial speakers for the back?
also which components for the front.
also, what woofer or basetube would you recomend.
i generally listen to rock
1. Please post in proper english. I for example am an old man and without full stops, commas, capital letters to begin sentences was completely cofnused. I had to read the post 3 times just to ascertain what questions were being asked.

2. The words "budget no bar" or "Do not have budget cap" should be used with caution on the ICE forum. As far back as 1988 I have seen car stereo, in India, that far exceded the cost of the car itself.

3. Yes the 947 can be got for about Rs. 4000 or so. The list price, I thik is Rs. 4990. THe 938 which is also available is a little more laid back than the 947 but I believe both have a switch to reduce the treble of the tweeter. Have you tried this switch.

4. It makes some sense to use the same brand for the front to retain the sonic signature. JBL for example i known for their "Rock" sound. What I would recommend is to get a sealed box subwoofer instead of a tube or fitting a subwoofer in the rear deck (IB install). A subwoofer will need an amplifier. The ZX 700.5 amp can drive a subwoofer (say 10-12" or so) and 4 speakers.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:36   #10073

@ Navin: sorry for the trouble you had to go throwh. its just that i am using my mobile to send in my queries.
i had the 947 removed yesterday.
Am looking at the Kappa 693.9i or the Infinity 9633i.
Would like you gurus opinion on which 1 to go in for or if youll would recomend something else, also the price of the same in Delhi would be helpful.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:32   #10074

hey Sam and Navin.. any help on this..
Sam i am sure you can help me out with the price.

i just too confused.

thanks a lot in advance guys.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:21   #10075
BHPian

Quote:
@ Navin: sorry for the trouble you had to go throwh. its just that i am using my mobile to send in my queries.
i had the 947 removed yesterday.
Would like you gurus opinion on which 1 to go in for or if youll would recomend something else, also the price of the same in Delhi would be helpful.
The Kappa 693.9i is 15k Mrp and the Infinity 9633i should be ~8k Mrp
Old 30th March 2010, 09:40   #10076
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
The Kappa 693.9i is 15k Mrp and the Infinity 9633i should be ~8k Mrp
Another option is the Alpine 6x9. The old 690A was very nice. I assume their new 6x9s will be just as good.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:32   #10077

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Another option is the Alpine 6x9. The old 690A was very nice. I assume their new 6x9s will be just as good.
would you by any chance know the model number?also any other recomendations are more than welcoome. plan to pick up atleast the rear speakers over the weekend. : )
Old 31st March 2010, 09:46   #10078
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
would you by any chance know the model number?also any other recomendations are more than welcoome. plan to pick up atleast the rear speakers over the weekend. : )
sunny, I can never keep model number ans prices straight in my head. they change too fast for, what masquerades as, my brain to keep up. Your friendly neighbourhood car stereo re-sellers will be able to help you.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:16   #10079
BHPian

my rear speakers give a humming sound and this increases as i increase the acceleration.these speakers are connected via a 2 channel sony amp .what could be the cause of this sound .
Old 1st April 2010, 21:49   #10080
BHPian

@ rupinder : Paaji it can be faulty Rca , ground cable and many other things . check these two things first and reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks