Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 22:16   #10051
BHPian

I have Blau HU with one set of speakers in the dash and 1 pair of ovals in the rear. All fed directly from the HU. I would like to add a pair comps to my setup. Will the HU be able to run it on its on or Does the comps need additional amp?
Old 20th March 2010, 23:27   #10052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
It's ok to run the ovals from the HU. Technokrat could be expensive, have you already enquired with them.
Actually couple of my colleagues(Swift and Fiesta) have ICE from Technokrat. They refused to take the swift inside their garage (for brand value), when inquired they said vehicle might dirty inside garage, and did all work on the road side. while next week fiesta had no problem going in. They said mostly small cars are not parked inside their garage.
Old 21st March 2010, 01:56   #10053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
... would like to add a pair comps to my setup. Will the HU be able to run it ...
If you want to put in components, why would you want to persist with the dash (4"?) speakers? No, the HU will not be able to drive both the 4"ers and the components in parallel.
Old 21st March 2010, 18:51   #10054
BHPian

Please advise

Hi Gurus,

I have the following setup in my Accent,

HU : Pioneer DEH-P4050UB
JBL GTO-608C Components in the front.
JBL GT5-S396 Oval Speakers at the rear.

I am attaching 2 pics which show the placement of the Tweeters.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-100_0568.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-100_0569.jpg

Please advise whether this setup is fine or do I need to change/add something over here.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:24   #10055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
If you want to put in components, why would you want to persist with the dash (4"?) speakers? No, the HU will not be able to drive both the 4"ers and the components in parallel.
is that so?, then i'll get rid of my front speakers. So can the HU drive 1pair of 6X9's and 1pair of comps with out an amp?
Old 21st March 2010, 21:32   #10056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
... can the HU drive 1pair of 6X9's and 1pair of comps with out an amp?
Every HU (with the exception of a couple of rare exceptional ones) HAS an internal amp, which can drive speakers of at least 2.8 ohms. Below that, like connecting 2 speakers in parallel, the amp will fail. So yes, your HU can drive the components on the front speaker channel, and the 6x9 on the rear speaker channel.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:26   #10057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
I would like to know whether the battery issue can be sorted just by charging the battery
Once you chrage your battery it should be fine. You just drained the battery out. Do not do that too often or you might permanantly damage one cell in the battery.

The solution is to keep the engine running or carry a set of battery cables so you can jump start the car.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:13   #10058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Every HU (with the exception of a couple of rare exceptional ones) HAS an internal amp, which can drive speakers of at least 2.8 ohms. Below that, like connecting 2 speakers in parallel, the amp will fail. So yes, your HU can drive the components on the front speaker channel, and the 6x9 on the rear speaker channel.
Thank you very much
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:51   #10059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Hi Gurus,

I have the following setup in my Accent,

HU : Pioneer DEH-P4050UB
JBL GTO-608C Components in the front.
JBL GT5-S396 Oval Speakers at the rear.

I am attaching 2 pics which show the placement of the Tweeters.

Attachment 312333

Attachment 312334

Please advise whether this setup is fine or do I need to change/add something over here.

Hi Gurus,

Pls reply to my query.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:39   #10060
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pls reply to my query.
The tweeters look set way to high. With that much distance between the midbass (which I assume is in the door) tweeter-midbass integration will be compromised.

But now that you have made holes and damaged the A pillar I dont see what can be done. It would have nicer if the tweeters were much lower down near dash corners.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:07   #10061
Senior - BHPian

how is panasonic head units being sold in India with bill and warranty. base unit comes for 5.1k with mps /usb/aux/ one pre out?
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:23   #10062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The tweeters look set way to high. With that much distance between the midbass (which I assume is in the door) tweeter-midbass integration will be compromised.

But now that you have made holes and damaged the A pillar I dont see what can be done. It would have nicer if the tweeters were much lower down near dash corners.
Thanks for the reply, let me see if I can get something else to fit in there, maybe some dummy tweeter boxes and then I can get them shifted near the dash corners,

Would doing the above action help anyway?

Also, in addition, Pls let me know the recommendation of Amp/Sub Woofer for this setup?
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:47   #10063
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
how is panasonic head units being sold in India with bill and warranty. base unit comes for 5.1k with mps /usb/aux/ one pre out?
Panasonic is being distributed via the Harman (read as JBL) network. JBL (and all other Harman brands) is distributed in India by Sahil Intl.

Quote:
maybe some dummy tweeter boxes and then I can get them shifted near the dash corners,
Also, in addition, Pls let me know the recommendation of Amp/Sub Woofer for this setup?
Becuase of the variances in in-car response I would have recommended using double sided tape to tempaorarily fix the tweeters before choosing a more permanant location.

Yes an Amp and subwoofer will help most setups.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:58   #10064
BHPian

Quote:
Once you chrage your battery it should be fine. You just drained the battery out. Do not do that too often or you might permanantly damage one cell in the battery.

The solution is to keep the engine running or carry a set of battery cables so you can jump start the car.

Thanks a lot.

Ive charged the battery already and yeah, il make sure i wont drain the battery again.
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:03   #10065
BHPian

Quote:
Yes an Amp and subwoofer will help most setups.
Thanks again, also pls guide me on which model AMP and subwoofer can I go, wont be able to spend more than 8-10K on both as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks