Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:14   #10006

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Do give us model numbers.
Rs. 1200 for a speaker plank is a lot and Rs. 650 for what wiring. you are not adding any amplifier and will need no RCA wiring and for a basic system teh speaker wires provided by JBL (for free) are adequate.

Pioneer 3190 - 6500
JBL GT5 6x9 S396 and 6" S265 coax - Rs. 7000
Sony 604 amp - Rs. 5000
RCA wires - Rs. 2000
MDF tray and install labour - Rs. 1000
------------------------------
Rs. 21,500

For 1k (Rs 6000) more you can get a better amp like the Kenwood 6403, JBL 604 or Pioneer 4300 amp.

Alterante speakers to listen to would be Alpine's SPS series for example Alpine SPS 69C and 17C coax (this combo should cost you Rs. 7000).

Thank you Navin for the valuable help. But I'm not looking to install an AMP just yet. I just want a basic set up for the car with a maximum budget of Rs. 17000 for the Audio Setup. So I guess the AMP, RCA Wires will not be required now.

Am I being overpriced for the Plank? He said the plank has an air-out for the sub-woofer whenever I decided to get one and hence the price of Rs. 1200.

Is the Pioneer 2010 series released yet? The 3290 (update of the 3190 model) has iPod connectivity. The dealer said its not in the market yet.

And could you guide me to a good ICE shop in Bangalore? I went through the threads and lots of members have suggested EVO or Autoshop Koramangala. Some have even suggested Car Shringar, Torque and Sprocket.

Can you tell me which is the best of these and is VFM also. Also how is this shop called Throttle? Its quickly gaining a foothold in South Bangalore.

Would be glad if i could be enlightened on these
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:28   #10007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric20987 View Post
Am I being overpriced for the Plank? He said the plank has an air-out for the sub-woofer whenever I decided to get one and hence the price of Rs. 1200.
I live in Mumbai have no idea about the Bangalore ICEers.

What does he mean by "Air-out". The car is a Swift right? The rear deck will be less than 10" wide. No woofer can be installed on the rear deck (IB). If and when you install a sub it would have to be a boxed sub unless you are looknig at a 8" subwoofer. I believe there is something missing in the translation.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:00   #10008

Quote:
I live in Mumbai have no idea about the Bangalore ICEers.

What does he mean by "Air-out". The car is a Swift right? The rear deck will be less than 10" wide. No woofer can be installed on the rear deck (IB). If and when you install a sub it would have to be a boxed sub unless you are looknig at a 8" subwoofer. I believe there is something missing in the translation.

By Air out he meant there is an opening in the centre of the plank which will help the subwoofer kept below to emit its thump and fill the cabin.

Any idea on the Pioneer 2010 series?
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:40   #10009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I am looking to put a 2 DIN DVD/GPS unit in my new Civic. Which are the models available? I would also like to integrate reverse camera in to the same screen along with Bluetooth facility. Do I get the Civic DD Fascia in India now?
Can gurus please help in this? I need to know the availability of DD Fascia for Civic in India. I need suggestions on a 7" DVD screen, which will hopefully fit in the DD slot. I need a good GPS system to use this screen and then a reverse camera.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:02   #10010
BHPian

Hey i am planning to get ICE for my ritz. Already decided with the HU- kenwood 543u, front components- bull audio. Now which amp to choose from?

kenwood 8401 available in grey @ 6k or
kenwood m845 available @6.2k with bill and warranty?

Is 845 really an upgrade to 8401?

Badly confused, please suggest.

HU. - Kenwood 543 with w\b @ 6k

amplifier

i am getting kenwood m845@ 6.2K with w\b at karol bagh from authorized kenwood delaer. and i am also getting kenny 8401 at driven for 6k without b\w

which is better in terms of performance??

And components is rainbow slg titan series much better than bull audio?? (was not able to audition bull) or should i stick to bull coz price difference is of 2.2 k.

Please somebody through in some light.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd March 2010 at 22:54. Reason: Wait for mod approval to edit original post. Thanks
Old 4th March 2010, 09:42   #10011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Am I being overpriced for the Plank? He said the plank has an air-out for the sub-woofer ...
LOL That's a good one - charging more for less. It is enough that you buy a normal plank without the hole in between - will be stronger and will not tend to bow at the center. Having that hole is psychological only in a hatchback. When you get an amp and sub, without the hole you will need to set the sub gain a smidgen higher to get thump to your satisfaction.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:05   #10012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
By Air out he meant there is an opening in the centre of the plank which will help the subwoofer kept below to emit its thump and fill the cabin.

Any idea on the Pioneer 2010 series?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
LOL That's a good one - charging more for less. It is enough that you buy a normal plank without the hole in between - will be stronger and will not tend to bow at the center. Having that hole is psychological only in a hatchback. When you get an amp and sub, without the hole you will need to set the sub gain a smidgen higher to get thump to your satisfaction.
I did not whether to cry or to laugh when I heard this.

The hole will allow for back wave cancellation so the 6x9s bass will not be as strong. Please look for an installer that is a bit more competent.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:20   #10013
BHPian

Hi guys. I had a question on distortion which Mr. Navin didn't elaborate in the earlier posts of this topc for the fear of being kicked out.

I was reading Wikipedia for Total Harmonic Distortion where I found that it's the percentage of overtones to that of fundamental frequency . Though I know that fundamental and overtones are variations of standing waves in a column with fundamental having no node and overtones having nodes, I still don't understand why overtones being produced is a bad thing.

And am I right in saying that sensitivity represents the minimum power required to make a device function at desired settings ? Like minimum volume at a specific distance to make a mike work ? Or minimum power required for the speaker to function at the advertised settings ?

Can anybody help me out ?

Last edited by anku94 : 5th March 2010 at 18:26.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:28   #10014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
I still don't understand why overtones being produced is a bad thing.
actually THD is not reall al that bad to listen to especially on grunge, rock, etc... IM sounds worse.

see distortion is good, just ask Jimi Hendrix. The thing is that THD is not part of the original music and when we are attempted to reproduce (not produce) music we are attempting to make is sound just like it did in the studio, on stage, etc...hence THD (since it was not part of the original music) is not desireable.

BTW you will never get kicked out for asking question.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:49   #10015
BHPian

Which of these three Head Units i.e. JVC AVX-826, Pioneer 6050UB, Kenwood MP-6110U
would be the best in terms of:

1. Sound Quality
2. Interface
3. Build Quality
4. Reliability

Prices I got from a local dealer:

JVC 29K/- with B&W

Pioneer 11K/- with B&W

Kenwood 16K/- with B&W

Last edited by maglev : 5th March 2010 at 22:52.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:02   #10016
BHPian

Out of the 3 the JVC would be a better buy, has loads of features. SQ would not be great but should be at par with both the pio and kenwood which you have mentioned.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:37   #10017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Out of the 3 the JVC would be a better buy, has loads of features. SQ would not be great but should be at par with both the pio and kenwood which you have mentioned.

Hey I just saw you signature!! (JVC AVX-800)

Are you satisfied with the unit?? and if applicable any regrets / complaints / issues faced??
Old 5th March 2010, 23:41   #10018
BHPian

Quote:
BTW you will never get kicked out for asking question.
Thanks...but it's not me who was afraid of being kicked out. It was you, in the beginning of this topic...it must've been a long time ago, but I was browsing the topic today and encountered the terms.

Quote:
THD= Total Harmonic Distortion, IM is InterModulation distorion. Explanations for these here would get me thrown out of this forum.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:11   #10019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Hey I just saw you signature!! (JVC AVX-800)

Are you satisfied with the unit?? and if applicable any regrets / complaints / issues faced??
I'm just satisfied with it till now, I've been using it over a year. But the problem is it is not a SQ oriented HU and there are not many tuning options. If you are going to have a SQ setup and have audiophile requirements I would advice you against this. For a normal setup it does the job pretty well and looks fab too. The 826 could be slightly better due to the 4v preout, but it misses the TA.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:36   #10020
BHPian

What's the use of a crossover in
1. Layman language
2. Technical language?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks