Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 20:20   #9856
Senior - BHPian

If the schematics & IC pinouts are available, of course it is possible. Without that, dicey! Experimentation will leave the HU crippled. What he is talking of is bringing out the ouput of the Mixer IC.
Old 2nd January 2010, 20:50   #9857
BHPian

658 pages of information !
Just a quick question - Car in case is a Santro.
Which are the best set of 6*9s in the range of 7-8k available right now ?
Chances are I may never add a sub.
I am looking for more detail and clarity (and not necesssarily boom boom).
How are the JL Audio sets ?
Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:42   #9858
Senior - BHPian

I have a querry. My Grand Vitara's CD player (OE) generally plays a newly burnt CD well or even a freshly purchased one for that matter, BUT after playing it once the second time over it ruins the CD, as in it starts to get stuck or jumps !!!! :-(

Obviously not all is well with the player. I was thinking of replacement with another OE unit as I did not wish to spoil the OE look. Cost around 10K.

Question is - is it worth replacing the OE unit with another or go for another non-stock player OR is this problem rectifiable ??

Would the Gurus kindly shed some light on this ?

Would appreciate the help. I am planning on adding a 4 ch amp, components & a Hertz 10" sub in enclosure. The Vitara already has a "miniature" sub under the front left seat. This is an excuse for a sub as far as I am concerned..LOL

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 2nd January 2010 at 21:45.
Old 3rd January 2010, 01:02   #9859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Thanks.
JL Audio is quite good. So is JBL, Infinity, ALpine, etc.. Listen to a few and decide for yourself. My nehpew for example liked Ground Zero over all those he heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Obviously not all is well with the player. I was thinking of replacement with another OE unit as I did not wish to spoil the OE look. Cost around 10K.

Question is - is it worth replacing the OE unit with another or go for another non-stock player OR is this problem rectifiable ??

Would the Gurus kindly shed some light on this ?

Would appreciate the help. I am planning on adding a 4 ch amp, components & a Hertz 10" sub in enclosure. The Vitara already has a "miniature" sub under the front left seat. This is an excuse for a sub as far as I am concerned..LOL
Having not looed at the insides of a Grand Vitara I cant comment in detail butin many cases if the OEM HU has to be repalced a dash kit has to be obtained.

OEM HUs are not really the best VFM. If a 3rd party HU fits right in then by all means get a 3rd party HU. IF you need a dash kit the cost of the dash kit will add to the cost of the3rd party HU.

OEM HUs are retained when the stock dash look cannot be changed for aesthetic reasons (my wife for example insisted we retain her stock dash).

a 4 ch amp can drive a pair of components and a 10" sub no problem. I did not get your exact question.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:43   #9860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
If the schematics & IC pinouts are available, of course it is possible. Without that, dicey! Experimentation will leave the HU crippled. What he is talking of is bringing out the ouput of the Mixer IC.
Thanks for your reply. Do manufacturers stick a label with the schematics & IC pinouts inside their HUs? If not, can it be sourced from elsewhere?
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:53   #9861
BANNED

I've read that Kicker speakers & subs are oriented towards SPL than on SQ ? Is it true ?
Old 4th January 2010, 10:14   #9862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Thanks for your reply. Do manufacturers stick a label with the schematics & IC pinouts inside their HUs? If not, can it be sourced from elsewhere?
Why would they? PCB layouts can be soruced from the net but not for free. Usually there is $6-10 charge per download.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:36   #9863
BANNED

One silly doubt...

In the case of 6x9 speakers, should we pronounce it as "Oval speakers" OR as "six into nine speakers" ?
Old 4th January 2010, 22:16   #9864
Senior - BHPian

Speakers upgrade on WagonR

Folks,
Need some guidance.

I have a Kenwood KRC-387 (tape HU) and a pair of 4" speakers (front) installed in my eight year old WagonR. I am not sure about the brand of speakers. They may be cheap/unbranded stuff (came from the dealer).

Lately, I am not enjoying the output from these speakers. I can't differentiate between Jagjit Singh and Ghulam Ali and, increasing the volume beyond 15 breaks the audio. KRC-387 is playing fine though (both tape and radio).

How can I improve the audio on this ancient setup?

I do not want to change the HU. Though, I have rear parcel tray, still, do not want to splurge on rear speakers (looking to upgrade only the front two right now). I am willing to spend not more than 2-3k on this upgrade at the moment.

I could find this link about KRC-387: Head to head - Car audio buyer's guide

Thanks in advance,

-BJ
Old 4th January 2010, 22:31   #9865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
658 pages of information !
Just a quick question - Car in case is a Santro.
Chances are I may never add a sub.
I am looking for more detail and clarity (and not necesssarily boom boom).
Thanks.
There are many good 6x9"s available from

Infinity/Ground Zero/Illusion Audio/Image Dymanics/JBL Power Series/DLS/Bull-Audio which you can try and audition them and install which you feel is a real VFM.

JL audio 6x9"s are also good try and get an audition before you decide upon blind-folded.

PS:Why aren't you looking in installing components??

Last edited by ramie2400 : 4th January 2010 at 22:33.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:50   #9866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Folks,
Need some guidance.

I have a Kenwood KRC-387 (tape HU) and a pair of 4" speakers (front) installed in my eight year old WagonR. I am not sure about the brand of speakers. They may be cheap/unbranded stuff (came from the dealer).

Lately, I am not enjoying the output -BJ
Dear BJ,
You are right, i have the same system since 2000 on my M800 and not enjoying the audio at high volume besides my tape mechanism is not working, some function IC is not available in market as told to me by some mechanics whom i showed the set. I still want to listen to tapes and dont know where to have it serviced properly as nowadays hardly you find tape players being serviced. rgds/pradeep
Old 5th January 2010, 11:21   #9867
Senior - BHPian

@pradeep-ivon, aren't the Lajpatrai Market corridor wizards not able to put your tape HU back on track?
Old 7th January 2010, 10:22   #9868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
There are many good 6x9"s available from

Infinity/Ground Zero/Illusion Audio/Image Dymanics/JBL Power Series/DLS/Bull-Audio which you can try and audition them and install which you feel is a real VFM.

JL audio 6x9"s are also good try and get an audition before you decide upon blind-folded.

PS:Why aren't you looking in installing components??
Thanks ! Will definately audition before going. Getting the HU in a couple of days and then the hunt for good speakers.

Regarding front compos, I think the only option for 4 inch compos is in Illusion. Dont want to cut thru the doors in the Santro.
And I am not sure if 4 inch compos would be far different from good co-axes in the front ? Or, are they ?

For the rear sets, is putting 5 incher compos a better thought than putting 6*9s on the parcel tray ?
Old 13th January 2010, 01:42   #9869
Senior - BHPian

Installed-
Pioneer 3160- 6000
Jbl GTO 647 in rear- 3600
Jbl front speakers(forgotten model)-1000
TS20- forgot price.
In total was around 12-13k.
Extremely satisfied with the SQ

Query- Can i attach a 8gb pen drive with pio 3160?
Old 13th January 2010, 15:10   #9870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
One silly doubt...

In the case of 6x9 speakers, should we pronounce it as "Oval speakers" OR as "six into nine speakers" ?
Oval speakers also come in 5" x 7" size.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks