Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2009, 20:07   #9811

Hmm. cant i get a Clarion vz309 in that rate? I think Kenwood 543 is the 2008 lineup model. But i shall go and check it out.Thanx Navan
Old 20th December 2009, 20:51   #9812
Senior - BHPian

In the past I did use Sony HU. One was Cd without USb. The later one was DVD player with out USD. I used Sony speakers and also for the second one JBL. The Sony used in Indica and the DVD JBL used in Wagon R. Among all Kenwood is clear and the bass boost is wonderful to 6" spekers. Where as the previous ones are 12" oval & 8" round. Some times I wonder I was given duplicate ones or what. But the Sony speakers were brought from Bangkok. So there is least chance of Duplicate. The other JBL and DVD was brought from Nepal. Still I wonder whether it is the quality of Kenwood or some other reason behind. The Head units I brought were of Indian price Rs.12990 and 13990 in India in 2007.
Old 20th December 2009, 22:46   #9813
BHPian

A quick question to the Gurus. I plan to get the exterior of my Santro repainted. I will be removing the subwoofer from the car before sending it to the workshop. Is it safe to leave the midbasses, midranges, tweeters, crossovers & amps in the vehicle or should I remove them too. In an earlier car, paint mist apparently damaged the hatch-door strut & I had to get it replaced. Wouldn't want this to happen to the ICE. In fact I might give up the idea of getting the car painted if I have to remove all the ICE.
Thanks in advance.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:38   #9814
BHPian

Gurus I want to do ICEing in my Rtiz vdi, budget would be around Rs. 15000/-. Requirements are -
1. 1DIN head unit.
2. Four 6" door speakers
3. No amplifier for me
4. Should give excellent clarity
5. Loves old hindi songs, gazals during driving
Also like to ask how to choose the right configuration?
Old 21st December 2009, 00:11   #9815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Gurus I want to do ICEing in my Rtiz vdi, budget would be around Rs. 15000/-. Requirements are -
1. 1DIN head unit.
2. Four 6" door speakers?
If all 4 speakers are door mounted, for 8K you should get 2 pairs of Coax from Blaupunkt, JBL, etc.. that leaves about 7K for the HU from say Pioneer, JVC or maybe even Kenwood.
Old 21st December 2009, 00:14   #9816
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
A quick question to the Gurus. I plan to get the exterior of my Santro repainted. Is it safe to leave the midbasses, midranges, tweeters, crossovers & amps in the vehicle
remove everything incl the HU or atleast cover it with news paper. You never know what the painter will do.

I lost one very expensive HU to a such an operation. While cleaning my car (post painting) one paintshop worker cleaned the face panel of my HU with thinner and erased all the markings!
Old 21st December 2009, 00:17   #9817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If all 4 speakers are door mounted, for 8K you should get 2 pairs of Coax from Blaupunkt, JBL, etc.. that leaves about 7K for the HU from say Pioneer, JVC or maybe even Kenwood.
Hi Navin that's really quick response. If I go for either Pioneer DEH-P5190UB or Kenwood MP6043 HU what should be the ideal wattage for both F and R speakers. Could you suggests something that matches with the HU.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:47   #9818
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
1. 1DIN head unit.
3. No amplifier for me
4. Should give excellent clarity
5. Loves old hindi songs, gazals during driving
Also like to ask how to choose the right configuration?
1. go for Kenwood / pioneer / blaupunkt head unit. U can check JVC 2010 series also.
2. Four 6" door speakers -polk 651 or jbl 6" 2coaxial GTO/GT-5 series.
If u like good Bass then go for 6x9 speaker in rear.
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:17   #9819

Actually Navan, my 800 has a sony unit which has a cassete player plays good,my zen has a factory fitted as u said earlier Kenwood with Maruti sign player playing awesome and my Honda City has also a Factory fitted Kenwood so maybe i might go in for one too.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:39   #9820
BHPian

Guys,
Is having the coaxial 6*9 the only option to get more bass (without subs), any door speakers that can get more bass. Iam planning for the ICE, and prefer bass, but not the sub right now.. So suggest one that can be scaled up later as well. Have no confusion on the front comps,, its JBL 608C.. the rear is the confusion....
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:54   #9821
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Guys,
Is having the coaxial 6*9 the only option to get more bass (without subs), any door speakers that can get more bass. Iam planning for the ICE, and prefer bass, but not the sub right now.. So suggest one that can be scaled up later as well. Have no confusion on the front comps,, its JBL 608C.. the rear is the confusion....
You can improve the quality of bass you get out of the door speakers by damping the doors. Howver given the limited volume of a car door there is only so much bass you can extract out of a car door without some serious modifications (installing a 8" 3 way in a door for example can help).
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:14   #9822
BHPian

Hi guys, I've booked a i10 1.2 magna, and looking to put up a decent ICE on a budget (15k, 17k stretched at most).
I'm thinking of the following config:
1. pioneer 4190SD (for my ipod touch and usb drives)
2. JBL 608C components for the front for me ( classic to modern rock,some jazz ,and bit of swing)
3. Rarely will there be any rear passengers except on long trips, so only thinking of fitting in Door speakers at the back (nothing behind the head). Want a recommendation on this here.

Also, how much would this cost me with b/w and grey. plus good quality wiring and fitting.

Milan subway the place to check I suppose? But would like to have a ballpark figure.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:35   #9823
Senior - BHPian

Hi mailmaldi,the stuff your planning is decent enough to get a good SQ in the car,I would suggest you install a 2channel chanel amp to power up the compos,or else you will feel they are underpowering,Get a pair of 6"inch speaker's for the rear door's,IMHO it will fit in your budget comfortably.

Make sure to install MDF spacer's for components/speakers + i10 HU harness to avoid any warranty issues over your brand new car.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:48   #9824
BHPian

erm, pardon my noobishness, but could you recommend a simple complete set of items I'd be asking at a accessory store and not look like a prat and approx figures I'd be looking for:
- 4190SD is 11k at a hyundai dealer, 5050 (should I consider this? Considering 4190/5190 will more likely support newer ipod firmwares?). pio 5050 is 6k I believe in grey.
- jbl 608c components are 6k at dealer, no idea about grey.
- rear speakers - JBL GTO638 - 5k at dealer
- 2 channel amp kenwood KAC-5203 or pio GM-3300T ?
- mdf spacers & harnesses - no idea abt cost
- good quality wiring and installation- ?

Where should I go to get a installation "demo" or audition?
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:56   #9825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
remove everything incl the HU or atleast cover it with news paper. You never know what the painter will do.
I lost one very expensive HU to a such an operation. While cleaning my car (post painting) one paintshop worker cleaned the face panel of my HU with thinner and erased all the markings!
Thank you for your reply. I have decided to get only the bumpers repainted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks