Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 23:02   #9721
Senior - BHPian

Notorious SIR..

with all DUE respect.. since you're enjoying rainbow/IPaul (much similar to Satya Paul)/ID in your verna.. I think the best way for you to go in for a bugget ICE is as follows:

[my reviews are based on the premise discussed elewhere on the forum that "signature sound of rainbows lies here (in "bull" audio)"]

1. Bull audio 6.5" comps - 6K
2. Bull Sub 12" in a sealed/ported box - 6 - 8K
3.Some Kenwood stuff for HU.

See.. we are here to help you out.. bugget ICE within 15K. :-)

Cheers!
Old 12th November 2009, 01:14   #9722
BHPian

For a budget of ~15k, you can install decent ICE.

If you are ready to modify front door panels and are looking to upgrade ICE in the coming months (most of us do ), then go for the following config.

6.5 inch components (Hertz/Bull/Illusion) ~ 6k
Kenwood 5039/5539 (without B&W) ~ 5k
Amp - Kenwood/Blaupunkt MKII Special/JBL S644 ~ 5k
Installation/Wiring ~ 2k

You can add a sub at a later stage

But in case you don't want to mess with the door panels and if this is to be a once-and-for-all kind of install with no upgrades planned (am I in the ICE forum?), then the following config will make sense

Illusion 4.1 components ~4.5k
Rear Coaxials - Polk db690 / Infinity 9623 ~4.5k
Kenwood 5039/5539 (without B&W) ~ 5k
Installation ~ 1k

Last edited by thelord : 12th November 2009 at 01:22.
Old 12th November 2009, 03:09   #9723
Senior - BHPian

JBL 608c isn't too bad y'know
Old 12th November 2009, 06:53   #9724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
JBL 608c isn't too bad y'know
they are tad bright.
Old 12th November 2009, 13:34   #9725
BHPian

Thanks , but amp and sub is not required in alto. looking forward for decent HU and 6*9's + 4" in dash also (Hertz/Bull/JBL).
Old 12th November 2009, 13:57   #9726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I think the best way for you to go in for a bugget ICE
You meant a bucket of ICE, didn't you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Thanks , but amp and sub is not required in alto. looking forward for decent HU and 6*9's + 4" in dash also (Hertz/Bull/JBL).
For 15k, the best option is to get a decent HU like the Pioneer or Kenwood, I would suggest Ken over Pio & put in a quality pair of Ovals.No Pio or Sony there.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:22   #9727
BHPian

In that case, go for Illusion 4.1 Components for front.
They are rated at 35W RMS and the HU would be sufficient to run them well.

For rear co-axials, try to audition a few speakers before choosing. I personally like Polk db690, very natural and laid-back sound. db691 on the other hand are too bright and harsh.

And yes, in this range, I'd also recommend kenwood HUs over Pioneer.
Old 13th November 2009, 07:13   #9728
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey gurus,

I have a question.
Car: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi
Stock music system.

I was wondering that if I upgraded my HU with the one on the newer fiestas, that have MP3 support and an AUX-In, would that HU be compatible with bigger speakers if I upgrade later?
Also, the HU I am planning on installing has AUX-IN support but doesn't have the audio jack for me to connect the external player. I am taking this out of another fiesta so it isn't possible to take out the Aux-In Jack as well. Is there anyway the installer can enable me to use the AUX-In?

Thanks,
Lambo
Old 13th November 2009, 18:39   #9729
BHPian

I have a query for i10 Sportz music system/speakers, I'm not happy with the sound quality, seems borish. I've been told that the HU can't be replaced since its integrated in the Dash.

My question to the experts & existing i10 owners,
how to improve the sound quality?
who is to blame for the boring sound, stereo or speakers ? It can be both, I know but if we want to split and replace speakers, will it give better response? if not....

Has anyone with i10 sportz replaced their stock HU with aftermarket stuff? if yes, pls post the pics, setup details and costs.

Thanks in advance
Old 13th November 2009, 21:16   #9730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
hi NOTORIOUS. congrats on your new buy. in a budget of 15k, u can get a good ice. according to me, don't rush for a amp and a sub woofer immediately. build up your ice in stages

stage1. good hu, rear speakers (go for jbl's) and front components( illusions 4.1. i am not recommending 6.1's as they require mods to the front door panels)

stage 2 go for the amplifier and sub woofer. (amp-jbl and sub-pioneer D4)

i recommend this step by step upgradation as i have lernt from my own mistakes that if u try to buy everything in a low budget, then you end up spending more and getting less for your vehicle.

please do keep us updated on your ice.

regards
SINGH
SINGH, Notorious not only goes by his name, but also by his ways. He's way ahead of us in Audio, see his thread on his Verna's ICE and you'll go hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Hello Friends

I am aquaring a new alto lxi today . i know it is a stupid question to ask but can a basic good quality ice setup can be done in 15k. asking because i have only this much money to spare. I am spoiled by great setup of audio by Gunbir Ji and JB sir in my verna, and have no funds now to replicate same in alto. i will try and upgrade setup but till then i only have 15k.
The only important feature which i want in hu is rear usb connectivity.

Waiting for your response.....

EDIT :Getting a new genuine pioneer DEH 4190SD with two year autocop warrenty for 8.5k. Is it a good purchase wrt Kenwood KDC-MP5539U or KDC-MP5039U.

What are the price of these kenwood head units ???
Congrats Jaspinder on the new purchase. If interested, you can get Pio 6050 in grey for about 7k; 3 preouts with Rear USB and Rear Aux-in.

Rest you can spend on a good set of rear fills and front. I'm having Illusion 4" components, the sound clarity from the front has improved tremendously. Take a look at various 4" options as I think they play a major role in small cars like ours; getting decent sound from them is highly required. My friend got Rockford Fosgate 6x9 Co-axials for about 6k in his Alto and it sounds crisp and clear. Rest paaji, your next thread will be " Basic system for Punjabi Clap in my Gaddi ".
Old 16th November 2009, 07:23   #9731
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
a few questions:
Car: Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXi 2006, with the old single din CD player.

- I am thinking of upgrading the system bit by bit. What should I get first? Speakers or HU?
- Can I connect new speakers to the old stock HU? Will there be any problems? Will the sound quality be affected by the HU?
I am happy with the HU, as it has a CD player and looks stock, which I like. Do I need to upgrade?
- How are Rockford Fosgate, MB Quartz co-axials?
I listen to Bass-y music, and I want good speakers with clear bass.
- Should I put different speakers in the rear and front or the same? (5*7 Co-axials)
eg: Rockford Fosgate in the rear, Polks in the front?
- Can 6*9s fit in the stock location of the rear speakers without any modifications?

I have no plans of getting a sub and an amp as of now.

Last edited by lamborghini : 16th November 2009 at 07:25.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:56   #9732
Team-BHP Support

Lambo,

if yo like bassy music a subwoofer should be on your short list.

You can however connect a pair of 6x9s in the rear and 5" Coax in the front to the existing CD player. However to get the most of out a stereo system the entire system but be considered as one.

If you do not have room for a subwoofer an amp used with a pair of 6x9s and 6" components (if they fit) in the front will help quite a bit. Amplifiers do not need as much space as subwoofers and many of them can be fit under the passenger seat (just make sure the wiring is out of harm way).
Old 16th November 2009, 17:22   #9733
BHPian

Guys,

I have JL Audio components infront and back with tweeters from JL too, I have a W7 in a box in the boot as per the Woofer manual, system rocks and the sound is amazing.

Now I have decided after 2 years to put a DVD screen in my Honda Civic, I have already ordered real black carbon center panel for double din.

My budget is not more than 25k and I have shortlisted Kenwood DDX 8039...

PLease let me know if you all agree with it or do you have any other suggestion.

Thanks...
Old 16th November 2009, 18:03   #9734
BHPian

hi all,
I have a vista aura with company fitted music system.
I have gone through few threads on vista speaker replacements.

The front as well as the back speakers are on the doors and that creates vibrations on the doors.
I want to replace the existing speakers setup with some decent speakers.
keeping the front speakers in the doors i want to shift the rear speakers on the rear tray.
My budget for the replacement is 8-10k including fitting
choice of music : anything that is good to hear, ranging from english soft rock, pop, bollywood, soft music, ghazals instrumental etc.
70% is my music and 30% is FM.
I do not want to go in for a sub as it would eat in to the important boot space.
Please suggest a decent set up also suggest if an amplifier is required.
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:18   #9735
BANNED

Illusion electra 6incher compo in front & polk db690 / infinity 9633i -6*9 on rear tray would be best fit for u with +1/2 k in your budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks