Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 12:25   #9706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
[*]Alpine SPX-17PRO
Check with Frank for a personalized review and feedback (you'll list out your requirement and Frank will tell if this meets them or not) - I have reasons to suspect this is a damn good pair and certainly on my radar for an upgrade sometime in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Can I get Illusion's Carbon series for under 300$ - If yes, where? I don't see any online stores that stock Illusion's products.
Carbon you'll have to check with B&T/LBM- and no I don't think it'll come for under $300, or for under $500 for that matter.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:39   #9707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Check with Frank for a personalized review and feedback (you'll list out your requirement and Frank will tell if this meets them or not) - I have reasons to suspect this is a damn good pair and certainly on my radar for an upgrade sometime in the future!
Mumbai walle dentist kahin gayab hain and making this decision is becoming a pain in the .... (dentist sahab - Help!).

Reading more reviews is only going to confuse me further. I didn't even look at DLS and Rainbow because deciding from their lineups is tougher because they have several models of comps higher up in their line. Can't spend the entire setup's green on just the comps
Old 5th November 2009, 14:14   #9708
BHPian

Hello All,

This is what im planning for my New Scorp.

1. Chamelon V2 series CXS64V2 6.5 4ohm Component set with CX62 Midbass and XS28 Tweeter Pair.

2. ID Q600.1 1 Channel 600W Amp.

3. IDMAX 10" Competition Sub . (IDMAX10D4).

4. Genesis Series III Dual Mono 2 x 150W 2Ohm. Amp.

However iam not yet able to decide between 2ohms and 4ohms for speakers and Subwoofers , since most of the places i see they have these 2 options. which ohm should i go for ?

Thanks
Raghu.
Old 7th November 2009, 19:21   #9709
Senior - BHPian

Components and coaxes generally come only in 4 ohms, a few are 3 ohms. Subs are available in single voice coil 4 ohms or 2 ohms, and dual voice coil arrangements where you can get anything from 1 ohm (2x2 ohms in parallel) to 8 ohms (2x4 ohm in series).

If you have a sub amp that is 2 ohms stable, then an SVC 2 ohms or DVC 2x4 ohms in parallel is what you should get. If it is 1 ohm stable, get a DVC 2x2 ohms in parallel.
Old 7th November 2009, 22:04   #9710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Hello All,
1. Chamelon V2 series CXS64V2 6.5 4ohm Component set with CX62 Midbass and XS28 Tweeter Pair.
2. ID Q600.1 1 Channel 600W Amp.
3. IDMAX 10" Competition Sub . (IDMAX10D4).
4. Genesis Series III Dual Mono 2 x 150W 2Ohm. Amp.
However iam not yet able to decide between 2ohms and 4ohms for speakers and Subwoofers , since most of the places i see they have these 2 options. which ohm should i go for ?
Thanks
Raghu.
I am running a similar setup what you had decided except the ID Mono amp i am using a DM Xtreme, I would say go with the above setup and buy the CXS 62 (2ohms) model and run them with genesis dual mono which is rated rated as 250WRMS @ 2 ohms. As you will be using this in Scorpio use a 12" ID MAX over the 10".

Why you want to use amps from 2 different brands Genesis and ID ?

Last edited by karankapoor : 7th November 2009 at 22:08.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:26   #9711
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Prices

How can one know the correct prices of speakers, HU in a city? Generally we get different quotes from different dealers so need to know what is the correct value..
Old 10th November 2009, 14:49   #9712
Senior - BHPian

If you buy from an authorised dealer, I doubt if there will be any major differences in price. If you buy from the grey market, you will have to make enquiries in a few good shops in your city and take a guess. Or PM a fellow BHPian who has bought the same equipment.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:21   #9713
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Prices

does anyone know the prices of the following in bangalore market today
Hertz dieci Comp DSK 165 speakers in the grey market? MRP i saw is 5990 which means with B/W its 5990 if not wrong..
Lightning Audio 3 way speakers?
Did not find any recent posts from people who installed this so asking..
Thanks in advance
Old 11th November 2009, 12:03   #9714
BHPian

Ice For Alto 15k Max

Hello Friends

I am aquaring a new alto lxi today . i know it is a stupid question to ask but can a basic good quality ice setup can be done in 15k. asking because i have only this much money to spare. I am spoiled by great setup of audio by Gunbir Ji and JB sir in my verna, and have no funds now to replicate same in alto. i will try and upgrade setup but till then i only have 15k.
The only important feature which i want in hu is rear usb connectivity.

Waiting for your response.....

EDIT :Getting a new genuine pioneer DEH 4190SD with two year autocop warrenty for 8.5k. Is it a good purchase wrt Kenwood KDC-MP5539U or KDC-MP5039U.

What are the price of these kenwood head units ???

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 11th November 2009 at 12:05.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:22   #9715
BHPian

Alto Ice

hi NOTORIOUS. congrats on your new buy. in a budget of 15k, u can get a good ice. according to me, don't rush for a amp and a sub woofer immediately. build up your ice in stages

stage1. good hu, rear speakers (go for jbl's) and front components( illusions 4.1. i am not recommending 6.1's as they require mods to the front door panels)

stage 2 go for the amplifier and sub woofer. (amp-jbl and sub-pioneer D4)

i recommend this step by step upgradation as i have lernt from my own mistakes that if u try to buy everything in a low budget, then you end up spending more and getting less for your vehicle.

please do keep us updated on your ice.

regards
SINGH
Old 11th November 2009, 12:29   #9716
BHPian

I am getting a new Getz Prime 1.1. I have a Blaupunkt Bahamas MP34 in my old Zen and even after 5 years, it has caused me absolutely no trouble. So planning to move it into my new car.

The guy at the showroom initially showed us JBL speakers (all 6") 4 which cost close to 6k. I was interested in Polk and it costs about 7k to 8k. I forgot to note down which model it was.

What do you guys suggest? Only looking for 4 speakers. Is it better to go with those showroom guys or go outside for the speaker setup. I saw here that Satya (I think) does good work with audio. Advice needed Pls.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:52   #9717
Senior - BHPian

Whats is your budget? Also How many people would be traveling mostly in the car?

If the Budget is low then I would suggest skipping the 4 speakers & getting a good pair of Components in Front
Old 11th November 2009, 14:20   #9718
BHPian

My Budget is less yeah, but could spare 10k atleast The Hyundai guy was swearing by Polk Speakers and it was working out to be approx 8k. I am not interested in any Amp/Woofers etc right now.

Mostly it will be 4 people travelling, but when taken to office, it would be only me/only brother driving.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:37   #9719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
... bangalore market today
Hertz dieci Comp DSK 165 speakers in the grey market? ...
For Hertz, the best place to check would be Sprocket, Koramangala. Grey price would 0.7x whatever they quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
... The guy at the showroom initially showed us JBL speakers (all 6") 4 which cost close to 6k. I was interested in Polk and it costs about 7k to 8k. ... I saw here that Satya (I think) does good work with audio. Advice needed Pls.
Polk DB should be cheaper than that. JBL is a good choice, and the advantage of JBL is service if anything goes wrong. Polk, though good, lacks that. Satya would be a good choice to go to.
Old 11th November 2009, 22:04   #9720
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I am getting a new Getz Prime 1.1. I have a Blaupunkt Bahamas MP34 in my old Zen and even after 5 years, it has caused me absolutely no trouble. So planning to move it into my new car.

The guy at the showroom initially showed us JBL speakers (all 6") 4 which cost close to 6k. I was interested in Polk and it costs about 7k to 8k. I forgot to note down which model it was.

What do you guys suggest? Only looking for 4 speakers. Is it better to go with those showroom guys or go outside for the speaker setup. I saw here that Satya (I think) does good work with audio. Advice needed Pls.
i would suggest check prices at 2-3 places, sometimes one place gives lesser price for a particular brand as they get more margin on that...after all its business

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks