Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 11:51   #9646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hi. My first day here, so please be nice.

I'm in the car audio business, because i LOVE it. I'd be happy to offer any advice you may seek on your car audio system (new purchase, tweaks, tunes and general pish-pash)

Work is hectic but will try and return to this forum twice a day to help.

Cheers!
Hi Sam, welcome to team BHP and we really appreciate your expertise and would like to benefit from it. I have just taken delivery of UVA base model last week and yet to fit any music system. I am thinking of a blue tooth device also to enable use the phone through speakers & mic. Authorised agency shop says that if you go to outside shops they may not be able to fit the wiring professionally and may affect your warranty- i find a difference of about Rs.3000 in the price of head unit from this showroom and another Sony authorised agency ie. Rs.9000 and 12000 (Sony BT3600U).
Is it possible to install a system without any cuts & splicing wiring. this car has front door speakers 6" cutout and in the rear two small 4" enclosures-i do not want to cut the parcel shelf for speakers, it looks shoddy.
NEED YOUR ADVISE!
rgds/pradeep
Old 1st September 2009, 15:11   #9647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep-ivon View Post
Hi Sam, welcome to team BHP and we really appreciate your expertise and would like to benefit from it. I have just taken delivery of UVA base model last week and yet to fit any music system. I am thinking of a blue tooth device also to enable use the phone through speakers & mic. Authorised agency shop says that if you go to outside shops they may not be able to fit the wiring professionally and may affect your warranty- i find a difference of about Rs.3000 in the price of head unit from this showroom and another Sony authorised agency ie. Rs.9000 and 12000 (Sony BT3600U).
Is it possible to install a system without any cuts & splicing wiring. this car has front door speakers 6" cutout and in the rear two small 4" enclosures-i do not want to cut the parcel shelf for speakers, it looks shoddy.
NEED YOUR ADVISE!
rgds/pradeep
Pradeep,

1. Sam has been on this forum for about 4 years now. Although these days he seems to post more on the Travelougues section than ICE and this from the man who coined the phrase "who cares about engine-vengine".

2. You can get a decent BT headunit for about 10K. Blaupunkt's Hamburg for example is a good place to start. Is there any particular reason you prefer the Sony?

3. Most installers will use a proper harness (if you ask them to) thereby ensuring good contact while not not negating any warranties. Do not be afraid - just find a good installer - most car dealers charge much more.

4.Why not consider a system that can be upgraded. Start with a HU and 4 speakers. 2 good component 6" 2 way speakers in the front and a air fo 4" coax in the rear. This will cost you about rs. 18-20K.

Later you can add a subwoofer and amplifier for another 15-16K. The subwoofer will give you bass that your system will initially lack.

Regards
Bob
Old 6th September 2009, 21:43   #9648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Pradeep,

1. Sam has been on this forum for about 4 years now. Although these days he seems to post more on the Travelougues section than ICE and this from the man who coined the phrase "who cares about engine-vengine".

2. You can get a decent BT headunit for about 10K. Blaupunkt's Hamburg for example is a good place to start. Is there any particular reason you prefer the Sony?

3. Most installers will use a proper harness (if you ask them to) thereby ensuring good contact while not not negating any warranties. Do not be afraid - just find a good installer - most car dealers charge much more.

4.Why not consider a system that can be upgraded. Start with a HU and 4 speakers. 2 good component 6" 2 way speakers in the front and a air fo 4" coax in the rear. This will cost you about rs. 18-20K.

Later you can add a subwoofer and amplifier for another 15-16K. The subwoofer will give you bass that your system will initially lack.

Regards
Bob
thanks Bob for advise, i have no preference for Sony, only i cannot find any Blaupunkt dealer near the place i live(dwarka, west Delhi) tell me is Blaupunkt Hamburg really much better than Sony BT3600U which sells for apx Rs 9000
Old 12th September 2009, 11:13   #9649
Senior - BHPian

Ok have this basic query and i guess it must have been discussed at ends but cannot seem to find a thread after searching.

so well currently running a kenwood BT HU with polk momos in the front powered by a kenwood 2channel amp and kenwood speakers in the rear door. my earlier kenwood unit had a bass boost [2 levels] which got me sufficient thump from my polks but sadly the new BT Head unit lacks it and i'm missing the thump.

so considering the swift's lack of space in the butt do i go in for a 4channel amp and kenwoods 6x9 or 7x10 in the rear [parcel tray] or do i go in for a 4channel amp and put in a woofer box?

i do not need a huge thump to shake the car but then a little thump would really make listening to the latest megadeth album all the more heavier \m/

so could someone kindly sort me out?

thanks.
Old 12th September 2009, 12:13   #9650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep-ivon View Post
thanks Bob for advise..tell me is Blaupunkt Hamburg really much better than Sony BT3600U which sells for apx Rs 9000
Having not heard the Sony 3600 I cannot say for sure but the Hambrug unit is a very good unit.

Regards
Bob (Sam's Uncle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
so well currently running a kenwood BT HU with polk momos in the front powered by a kenwood 2channel amp and kenwood speakers in the rear door.

so considering the swift's lack of space in the butt do i go in for a 4channel amp and kenwoods 6x9 or do i go in for a 4channel amp and put in a woofer box?
Few 6x9s will compete favourably against a good sub. A 6x9 is designed for midbass thump a sub (10"+) is designed and can be tuned to give you that thump and go lower.

The "The Swift (of) Death" based somewhere in the Punjab (owned by LBM) has a pair of rather large 12" subs in the back and still retains the rear seat. So I assume that you can fit 2 12" wubs in the Swift if you so desire.
Old 12th September 2009, 16:09   #9651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Bob (Sam's Uncle).
Everyone's uncle!

Quote:
... The "The Swift (of) Death" based somewhere in the Punjab ...
Haryana - Freedabad
Old 12th September 2009, 18:58   #9652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I assume that you can fit 2 12" wubs in the Swift if you so desire.
There are a pair of 15 inch running right now.
Old 12th September 2009, 20:16   #9653
Senior - BHPian

You must be using a trailer for luggage, then? Or may a tempo follows you to the railway station when you drop relatives?

TWO 15" subs!!! Shereya, you are really bawla. We need to upgrade the Risk Advisory for sitting in the backseat of your car to "Fatal Consequences". The person who wrote the "Oye Lucky Lucky oye" song should have included "DVD-vi chaida mainnu ... laal Mercedes chaidi mainnu ... do 15" sub chaidde mainnu"!

Last edited by DerAlte : 12th September 2009 at 20:21.
Old 12th September 2009, 23:05   #9654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You must be using a trailer for luggage, then? Or may a tempo follows you to the railway station when you drop relatives?

TWO 15" subs!!! Shereya, you are really bawla. We need to upgrade the Risk Advisory for sitting in the backseat of your car to "Fatal Consequences". The person who wrote the "Oye Lucky Lucky oye" song should have included "DVD-vi chaida mainnu ... laal Mercedes chaidi mainnu ... do 15" sub chaidde mainnu"!

Hahahahaha Bolo tara rara....

Saar we have two more vehicle for this type of work...No one in my house drives my ride. Not even my Father.
Old 13th September 2009, 00:02   #9655
Senior - BHPian

He is a wise man. May be he knows, or is wary of the fact, that if he wrongly presses some button or turns some knob the emergency seat ejection (the type used in fighter aircraft, the ones that have a rocket below the seat) might get activated. The after-burner nozzles in Sukhois and F16s also have 15" dia.
Old 13th September 2009, 00:15   #9656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The after-burner nozzles in Sukhois and F16s also have 15" dia.
There is a little difference though, Sukhoi pilots want to fly up at super-sonic speeds... LBM wants to go low to sub-sonic!
Old 13th September 2009, 01:13   #9657
BHPian

I need suggestions for my punto on the ICE what i have finalized.
Got a quote for
Pioneer 4190SD - 8500/- (B/W)
JBL 265C - 4500/- Components
JBL 396 - 3500/- Rear (want to know whether it is 6x9)
Plank - 850/-

I used to hear Tamil, Hindi film music and some rock, heavy metals from the west.
Can i get a crisp sound with decent bass with this setup? If not can an amp help? (pl. mention the model and price).
With the plank board, where will be the rear speakers fitted?

Thanks
Old 13th September 2009, 11:41   #9658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
... JBL 396 - 3500/- Rear (want to know whether it is 6x9)
The JBL 6x9s are GTO 938, 947 and P696. The 938 should cost about 3.6K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
... With the plank board, where will be the rear speakers fitted?
Uh ... errrr ... umm ... On the plank, right? Why else would you buy the plank? The plank replaces the parcel shelf that came with the car.

Last edited by DerAlte : 13th September 2009 at 11:43.
Old 13th September 2009, 11:54   #9659
BHPian

Quote:
The JBL 6x9s are GTO 938, 947 and P696. The 938 should cost about 3.6K.
It means 396 is not a 6x9. So I will go for any of these options.

Quote:
Uh ... errrr ... umm ... On the plank, right? Why else would you buy the plank? The plank replaces the parcel shelf that came with the car.
From AutoShop they gave the quote for this also. Might be the parcel shelf will be very light for holding this speakers. Have to enquire.

Thanks DerAlte
Old 14th September 2009, 10:47   #9660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We need to upgrade the Risk Advisory for sitting in the backseat of your car to "Fatal Consequences".
Did you not read my treatise to LBM's Swift based on ZZ Top's Master of Sparks?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks