Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 22:56   #9541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
... just learning things the hard way. ...
THat's what a master does, right?

Quote:
... no fault codes of input short. ...
Huh? Input short is anyway not a fault, output short is. Did you try chalu 'grounding input with finger' test like the PA guys do? Connect speakers, damp your forefinger and place across an RCA socket! A loud brrrrp indicates amp health.
Old 7th July 2009, 23:50   #9542
Senior - BHPian

Tried that fingering method but no response. put in a sony 222 for the time being for the fronts only and its working fine.
Old 8th July 2009, 08:54   #9543
Senior - BHPian

Uh-oh! Needs more analysis. Try one of these Kenwood authorized service centers.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:58   #9544
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to set the gain in my KAC 5203, but for some reason, it remained constant. tried it with my nail, then a knife, then a screw driver, couldnt get my sub to go any louder.
Finally i hurt my finger in the process, dont know how, and then my amp started playing loud and clear.
Is my amp a vampire? or is it just a simple case of a sadistic amp?

Anybody know why ?

Disclaimer : PJ alert
Old 9th July 2009, 00:38   #9545
BHPian

maybe its the green ghost.

is the gain and input sensitivity same ?

Asking coz, i have also the same amp powering my illusion electras.
Old 9th July 2009, 03:04   #9546
Senior - BHPian

really wierd issue with my amp/sub/ or dont know what. when i plug in one of the rca cables(all the other 3 are already in). this is for the sub(ch3) the sub goes all booomy and shudders to al its glory. it does not matter what volume, as long as the hu is turned on it does this. now i am not able to listen to any songs at all as the whole system is a mess. any ideas?
Old 9th July 2009, 13:37   #9547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
... Is my amp a vampire? or is it just a simple case of a sadistic amp? ...
C. None of the above!

The slider of the amp pot has come loose with all you unconventional tools. Must have got deflected and was not making contact properly. Take a conventional screw-driver with a tip wide enough to sit in the slot, jiggle that plastic part a little bit, softly turn it all the way CCW and CW a couple of times checking the effect, and then set it where you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
...is the gain and input sensitivity same ?...
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
... this is for the sub(ch3) the sub goes all booomy and shudders to al its glory. it does not matter what volume, as long as the hu is turned on it does this. ...
Are you sure the RCA cable are connected correctly, i.e. L to amp L ... Sub to Sub amp channel? If so, is the sub channel gain set properly at the amp or is it at full on? Check once again.

Also check if the outer terminal of the connector at each end of the sub cable is actually connected to the cable. Remove the cable at both ends and check continuity with a multimeter, especially after jiggling the connector & cable around a bit. One end open might result in the amp whole-heartedly amplifying white noise also.

If everything is fine outside the HU, the HU is suspect, but I doubt if that is the case, since there are no electro-mechanical components in the HU to go loose (other than the RCAs connectors).
Old 9th July 2009, 16:28   #9548
Senior - BHPian

ok that issue is sorte3d out. now have sdjusted the gain as per the voltmeter setup. but it is real flat now. as in it used to sound great now it is plain flat. help? may be there is something wrong with hpf/lpf settings.

edit: what is this pink/white brown noise? how do i use that to tune the system?

Last edited by govigov : 9th July 2009 at 16:31.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:36   #9549
Senior - BHPian

What are the settings on HPF for main components, and LPF for sub?

I presume 'plain flat' means you are not getting the punch any more. Perhaps the HPF is set too high (120 or more) and LPF too less (65 or something). Ideally both should be the same, i.e. around 80.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:14   #9550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
C. None of the above!

The slider of the amp pot has come loose with all you unconventional tools. Must have got deflected and was not making contact properly. Take a conventional screw-driver with a tip wide enough to sit in the slot, jiggle that plastic part a little bit, softly turn it all the way CCW and CW a couple of times checking the effect, and then set it where you want it.
In a way, DerAlte is right. It is none of the above, including DerAlte's technically correct explanation. Well, the correct answer is much simpler

No Pain, No Gain
Old 9th July 2009, 18:54   #9551
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the numbers. the chakala guy's numbers have changed. colaba guy is available, have to take the amplifier there though. will repair and sell it off as its too big for a safe install.
i have called for blau 5 channel as its small, can be mounted behind the lpg tank, the only safe place to prevent any damage.
Old 9th July 2009, 21:30   #9552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
... Well, the correct answer is much simpler ... No Pain, No Gain
Ahem! What / who was the real culprit?

Quote:
... i have called for blau 5 channel as its small, can be mounted behind the lpg tank, the only safe place to prevent any damage.
THA555? How much are you getting it for and from where?

Careful around the LPG tank, baba, take extra precautions to prevent sparks! Use crimp-type wire lugs on all wires, with heat-shrink tubing leaving only the tip that goes into the sockets. This will prevent frayed edges causing problems. Allow decent bending radius on turns, and use cable stays to firmly fix the cables in place
Old 9th July 2009, 22:16   #9553
BHPian

Can anyone help me with the Aux In input of my Pioneer DEH P4850MP.

The case is that, i want to connect my usb/iPod/mp3 player to the said HU.But since it doesnt have any slots,i am looking at the Aux In option(HU has a IP bus connector in the back panel with ipod support, it seems).

After a lot of googling i find out that,a IP bus connector(or adapter) is needed.BUt i am not that much convinced about how to use that.

Will using the connector solve my problem,if yes,where to get the adapter.
Old 9th July 2009, 22:45   #9554
Senior - BHPian

If you're willing to be a guinea pig for this
Gutterslide.com - Pioneer IP-BUS Hack
I'm ready :P
I'd already thought of something similar earlier
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...x-adapter.html
Old 9th July 2009, 23:23   #9555
BHPian

If it dosnt cost me my HU, then i am ready.hehe

Most Viewed