Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 10:01   #9301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Is there any way to Install noise cancellation units in car? this way we can have very silent ride. New Honda Accord has this feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Might cause you to not hear honking and other sounds as well.
A few years ago Accura, Lexus and Infiniti engineers had designed cabins that were disconcertingly quiet. During test drives the press complained that they were not comfortable and eventually "the right" ammount of noise was engineered back in.
Old 24th March 2009, 19:36   #9302
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Audio upgrade question

Guys, right now i have bare minimum audio in my palio, that is Pioneer 4050 and Infinity 5.5" reference series components, previously i was using a pen drive for songs now i am using ipod and sound has changed a lot, there is too much treble which i think can be controlled from crossover, anyone can tell me how sound is different with ipod input ?

anyway Few day back we did amp a install in my friends corsa(abhi182). now i am not thinking why not in my car.

i want to install a sub in the back and a amp. i am thinking about budget of 15-20k at max, i want to get a moulded mounting done for the sub and amp on one side of the boot i hardly use the boot or the rear seat so little boot space will not be a problem, what do you guys suggest ? is it better to go to box or tube ?
also i will be doing the install myself so if anyone can tell where i can get the firbreglass mount done in chennai that would be very helpful.

i don't want very too much of bass, so i was thinking about 8" or 10" sub. about amp i have no idea :-/

Thanks,
Rahul
Old 25th March 2009, 09:33   #9303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
i want to install a sub in the back and a amp. i am thinking about budget of 15-20k at max, i want to get a moulded mounting done for the sub and amp on one side of the boot i hardly use the boot or the rear seat so little boot space will not be a problem, what do you guys suggest ? is it better to go to box or tube ?
the best part of the boot to use is the side opposite to the one that has the fuel tank.

a fiberglass housing will cost you atleast 3K and you have find someone who has does this work before. working with fiberglass requires practice and is very messy.

3K for the sub housing
6K for the sub
10K for monoblock
2K for RCA wire
-------
21K.
Old 25th March 2009, 11:03   #9304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the best part of the boot to use is the side opposite to the one that has the fuel tank.

a fiberglass housing will cost you atleast 3K and you have find someone who has does this work before. working with fiberglass requires practice and is very messy.

3K for the sub housing
6K for the sub
10K for monoblock
2K for RCA wire
-------
21K.
thanks Navin for suggestion, i was thinking about getting a 4 channel amp and run the front components with 2 channels and two bridged for sub. what about brands what do you suggest ?
Old 25th March 2009, 20:34   #9305
Senior - BHPian

^ i recommend sony xplod best for you
Old 25th March 2009, 21:33   #9306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^ i recommend sony xplod best for you
quite. Will fit in your budget and match the colour of your polio
Old 25th March 2009, 21:41   #9307
Senior - BHPian

Yup boom boom xplod - best for rahulkool.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:29   #9308
Senior - BHPian

wah !!!!! so many suggestions :P

now stop spamming and go to work, anyone with little more mature advice about speakers and amp ?

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th March 2009 at 12:52. Reason: Unnecessary passage edited out
Old 26th March 2009, 21:58   #9309
Senior - BHPian

GZ titanium 30T sub
JBL GTO1004

someone who bought a getz recently recommended this combo comes to 20k or so
Old 26th March 2009, 22:20   #9310
Senior - BHPian

I say 12" sub + 4 channel amp - I'd recommend kenwood!
Old 27th March 2009, 22:23   #9311
BHPian

hello all

require help sugestions for the following

HU ( grey new or used will do too)
budget 10k
only two requirements : TA and 2 pre outs(minimum)
dont require usb,ipod,bluetooth

Amp for sub ( used or new)
budget : dont wanna spend too much
should supply 300 rms @ 4ohms

reagurds
Ali
Old 28th March 2009, 03:33   #9312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
thanks Navin for suggestion, i was thinking about getting a 4 channel amp and run the front components with 2 channels and two bridged for sub. what about brands what do you suggest ?
if you intend to get a 4 ch amp like the Pio 6300, kenwood 84xx, etc.. then get a 10" sub. Most 10" subs have lower cone mass and are hence easier to drive.
Old 28th March 2009, 11:59   #9313
BHPian

hi sir,it has been a long time since i started reading this thread but its so long that i thought of asking my queries directly.
i have been using a jvc hu-kd645,and jbl gto 0937 3 way coaxials in rear and some jbl coaxials(not sure of model in front).
the problem i have been facing is that as i increase the volume my rear speakers start cracking like hell.its like there is more of crack and less of noise.whats the problem guys?
is it that i need an amplifier to power them?guys i loved my rear speakers so please help me.
secondly,i have been thinking of an upgrade for some time now.budget around 30-35k.i want to change my h.u,front speakers to components.putting in an 4 channel amplifier for the speakers and them maybe go later to a sub with a mono block. i want to go slowly with changing the h.u as soon as possible.please advice me on how should i categorise my budget.
i want to spend around 8k on my h.u and have considered the pioneer 5190 as a possible option,should i go ahead with it?
Old 28th March 2009, 12:33   #9314
BHPian

buying a booomy music system for my corsa

hi..
am new to team bhp,and i hope i ll get good help from all bhpians here.
ok , i ll start my list of doubts.
am buying a second hand corsa 1.4. so i want a very good music system for that. by good music system i mean, a very loud bass response(low freq) and a very loud treble (high freq). i need advice on :
1) which is the best subwoofer around 5000 rs or less? i would be fitting 2 subs in my cars boot
2) best amplifier below 7000 for both
3) best oval speakers for rear(pioneer or jbl)
i already have a good hu from pioneer. i dont remember the model, but it got blue display with a rotary comand wheel, supports usb flash memory.
i also have a pair of good pioneer tweeters which i use in my accent. so i dont want to buy tweeters and head units
am a college going student so it would be better if u can suggest speekers and woofers which are cost effective and save my pocket money for filling fuel!!
i ll be using this car only to go to college and some outings and parites, so i need the reall booooooommm booooooooommmmmm effect when my car is approaching. thats y i want 2 subs and giving more importance to high frequency also.
am not a professional or audiophile, so if there is any error or mistakes in my decission, please correct me...
thanks in advance...
Old 28th March 2009, 12:33   #9315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
the problem i have been facing is that as i increase the volume my rear speakers start cracking like hell.its like there is more of crack and less of noise.whats the problem guys?
is it that i need an amplifier to power them?guys i loved my rear speakers so please help me.
* GTO 937 is 100W at 2 ohm. A HU cannot drive it in higher volumes for sure. You need an amp. Its good that you have decided to upgrade. Get a good 4 ch amp and connect the rear outputs to your GTOs. Leave the front for now. Get a good pair of comps (you can go for JBL 608C as it wil be a good match for GTOs) when you plan to and connect it to the amp front channel. And finally a monoblock with a good sub. Did you mean Pio 5150UB? Is there a 5190? I hope then it will be very similar to 5150. Its a good HU. Just make sure it has 3 RCA outs for seperate front/rear/sub outs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks