Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 22:36   #9241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The best installer in Kerala has policys against installation of components which you bring ...
Not that much of a problem nowadays, as long as you buy some stuff from them. Wiring & damping + something else (HU/sub/amp) might just do the trick BUT he *may* not be very interested in installing phoren maal if his/their shop deals in the same brand. Not a hard and fast thing, and changes from case to case as I'm very well aware of, over the last 2-3 months.

BTW I've gone and assumed that when muneem said 'best installer in kerala' that can refer to only one person
Old 14th February 2009, 22:53   #9242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Good choice of equipment, Immortalz.
You should try Gulf Wireless in Dubai. If not there, contact Gunbir on the forum. He maybe able to point you out to the distributor in Dubai.
Tried there. They gave me a ridiculous (ly low) quote for the speakers and said they don't do Genesis.

Quote:
Make sure you listen to any Mille range of speaker before you plonk your money on it. They sound very very different from the lower range of Hertz speakers.
Gah dangit, here I was hoping that Hertz had a particular sonic signature across the board. Where will I go in Kerala to audition Mille?

Quote:
9887 can now be connected to the steering audio controls of the Civic by buying the interface. You can invest some on that too and increase your overall ICE pleasure.
There are no steering audio controls for the Civic. There is a set of buttons on the rear middle rest thingy though. Come to think of it, the ANHC's steering buttons look like they'll fit on the Civic's steering. A retrofit idea in the offing?
Old 14th February 2009, 23:06   #9243
Senior - BHPian

@immortalz, I don't think any Milles (official) were sold in Kerala.

Twist JK's arms into quickly buying a pair of ID CTX comps You can then get an audition in TVM itself. You might like them.
Old 14th February 2009, 23:25   #9244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Gah dangit, here I was hoping that Hertz had a particular sonic signature across the board. Where will I go in Kerala to audition Mille?

There are no steering audio controls for the Civic. There is a set of buttons on the rear middle rest thingy though. Come to think of it, the ANHC's steering buttons look like they'll fit on the Civic's steering. A retrofit idea in the offing?
I remember someone saying that in the end , the quality of the ICE is more than 50% dependent on the installer than the products themselves. So I'd suggest you compromise a bit on the cost and choice of speakers so that you can get kerala's best to work his magic with your setup.

WRT the steering wheel controls , why not one of those universal remotes frankmehta bought.

PS: I want one of them too. PM me if you are buying one
Old 15th February 2009, 22:42   #9245
BHPian

TA Modules

Hi,

This question came up while discussing Head Unit options on the Alpile F1 thread. Thought of moving the question to this section so as not to disturb the discussion on that thread.

Some of the most revered Head Units like McIntosh don't come with Time Alignment module. If one thinks TA module to be an important component for a high end HU, what should one do.
-Selecting a high end HU that has TA, would be straight forward option
-Someone suggested that some amplifiers come with TA module. But very few. I only know some models of Audison. Can someone share more amplifiers that come with TA modules
-Like equalizers or D/A coverters, are TA modules available as plug ins?
Old 16th February 2009, 00:40   #9246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
BTW I've gone and assumed that when muneem said 'best installer in Kerala' that can refer to only one person
What if we got all this stuff in our hand and didn't know about their install policys ?
Yep I meant Emperor aka Zuhaimi ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
So I'd suggest you compromise a bit on the cost and choice of speakers so that you can get Kerala's best to work his magic with your setup.
Compromises are good but have you checked out the prices at which the Audison Amps are availabe at Dubai ? California Knight bought his Audison Lrx 4.5 and Focals from Dubai read about it and lets continue the discussion.

CK'S Accord Install
Old 16th February 2009, 02:21   #9247
BANNED

Emperor doesn't sell audisons now other than the old stock they have.
Anybody can safely buy anything (respectable brands though) from outside and take it to Emperor for install. If he understand the customer's willingness and passion, he will do the install. But he will charge a good installation cost too.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:29   #9248

Hi Sam

I have a Honda City ivtec which comes with integreated audio system. Though it souds good but even voulme at 11-12 makes the noice come out of the car i guess because of speakers in the doors. Can we add bass tube, tweaters and centre speaker with this audio system? I want to add a bass tube, ts20 tweaters and a JBL centre speaker and disconnect the door speakers, do u think it will sound good? I have asked some car audio dealers here about it, one said that yea u can do it with the integreated audio system while one said he can try but at my risk. What do you suggest?
Old 18th February 2009, 09:59   #9249
Senior - BHPian

So you want the taxicab sound? Boom boom and chin chin for the win!

Upgrade the front speakers to components if you wish to have good sound.
Old 18th February 2009, 11:15   #9250
Senior - BHPian

@ashishkhurana, all (well, nearly all) cars have their speakers in the doors.

No use adding a center speaker. You don't need one, unless you're doing a 5.1 setup to watch movies.

Please don't add a TS-20 if you value your ears. They are very very shrill and not the least musical.

Nothing wrong with adding a Basstube. To add one, you'll also need to buy an amplifier and some cables (power & RCAs). But before you decide on a Basstube, do listen to a setup with a basstube, and a setup with a sub-in-a-box setup. The two sound very different, and listening to such a setup will let you decide which kind of bass you like (and will need in your car). You should know that adding a basstube (and for that matter a subwoofer that is played loud) will generally make the music sound louder outside the car.

Is it that you want nice sounding music at low volumes (so the music is not heard outside the car)? Then your best bet IMHO is to upgrade the speakers (if you're still running stock speakers). This itself will improve things. For further improvement, add an amp to drive the new speakers. A Blaupunkt GT2 special (2-channel amp) will be all that's needed. You'll really just need to drive the front speakers with the amp (if you drive). The music will sound better at low volumes.
Old 18th February 2009, 11:48   #9251

@ ImmortalZ
Thanks for the suggestion pal . Dont ned a taxicab sound for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
So you want the taxicab sound? Boom boom and chin chin for the win!

Upgrade the front speakers to components if you wish to have good sound.
Old 18th February 2009, 11:54   #9252

@ Ashok
Thanks for the really helpful reply mate . You got it bang on what i require from my audio system. Kindly suggest speakers too as i am still running stock speakers. Do you think the amplifier can be added? beacuse guys here in delhi said that they are not sure about it and i will have to take a risk.
Quote:
@ashishkhurana, all (well, nearly all) cars have their speakers in the doors.

No use adding a center speaker. You don't need one, unless you're doing a 5.1 setup to watch movies.

Please don't add a TS-20 if you value your ears. They are very very shrill and not the least musical.

Nothing wrong with adding a Basstube. To add one, you'll also need to buy an amplifier and some cables (power & RCAs). But before you decide on a Basstube, do listen to a setup with a basstube, and a setup with a sub-in-a-box setup. The two sound very different, and listening to such a setup will let you decide which kind of bass you like (and will need in your car). You should know that adding a basstube (and for that matter a subwoofer that is played loud) will generally make the music sound louder outside the car.

Is it that you want nice sounding music at low volumes (so the music is not heard outside the car)? Then your best bet IMHO is to upgrade the speakers (if you're still running stock speakers). This itself will improve things. For further improvement, add an amp to drive the new speakers. A Blaupunkt GT2 special (2-channel amp) will be all that's needed. You'll really just need to drive the front speakers with the amp (if you drive). The music will sound better at low volumes.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:24   #9253
Senior - BHPian

@ashishkhurana, I'm sure an amp can be added. I'm not sure if the stock HU has pre-outs, but if it doesn't, you can easily add an amp with speaker-level input.

Since you're in Delhi, just drive over to Gyro or Driven (car accessories shops there) and they will help you with the speakers & the amp. You'll be able to audition quite a few brands of speakers and decide what you like best. hellspawn and noidaboy (members of the forum) work at Gyro, so just PM them for help. Driven is also a member here.
Old 18th February 2009, 13:41   #9254

@ Ashok
Thanks i will chck it out.
Quote:
@ashishkhurana, I'm sure an amp can be added. I'm not sure if the stock HU has pre-outs, but if it doesn't, you can easily add an amp with speaker-level input.

Since you're in Delhi, just drive over to Gyro or Driven (car accessories shops there) and they will help you with the speakers & the amp. You'll be able to audition quite a few brands of speakers and decide what you like best. hellspawn and noidaboy (members of the forum) work at Gyro, so just PM them for help. Driven is also a member here.
Old 18th February 2009, 14:48   #9255
Senior - BHPian

@ Ashok - LOL! Have you considered changing your id?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks