Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 12:01   #9226
BHPian

Get comps and a two channel amp should do very nicely. I think even if it's sony you can leave the HU unless you have reason otherwise. changing fronts and amping them is better than changing rears.
Old 4th February 2009, 15:22   #9227
BHPian

I want to upgrade hu FIRST THEN AFTER may be 3-4 months i can invest in amp and subwoofer,as current unit does not support 4 channel amp,thats d reason i want to upgrade HU first
Old 6th February 2009, 20:16   #9228
Senior - BHPian

Confused :O

Gurus i am a bit confused related to a setup. Please check the image below.

HU - 2 Preout
5" Front Spk
4 Ch AMP
6x9 Rear Spk
1 Sub

Front Spk are directly connected through HU. Rear's and Sub are powered by 4 CH amp.

Now HU is Rear/Sub Switchable. What i want to achieve is:

1. Sub to play when fader is front or rear
2. One should be able to control sub level, so rear channel preout has to be switched to SUB.

Any pointers ?

I think if I power the rear directly through HU, front / sub by amp and set the rear preout to sub then i can control the sub level etc and the fader will work as i want it to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-ques.jpg  

Old 7th February 2009, 13:55   #9229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I think if I power the rear directly through HU, front / sub by amp and set the rear preout to sub then i can control the sub level etc and the fader will work as i want it to work.
You have cleared your own confusion. What else do you want to know?
Old 11th February 2009, 18:40   #9230
BHPian

A few basic ICE questions....

I eventually want to get to:

1. 6.5" comp in the front. Jbl 607/8c
2. A Bass tube + And a small AMP.
3. 5.25" co-axials/components at the back not thoughtof it now, as no one uses the back!!

And I have some shoddy company fitted Front speakers only with tweeters in the door, which I want to change asap. I got a new JVC HU which I am happy with, but now when I crank the volume my speakers give way.
I want to first get JBL 607/8 components for the front and run them directly for now till I get more money to add the rest. Can you tell me if this is the right way of going about it, I am sure the JBL's would be in improvement over the current ones, I just hope they are clearer at higher voulmes, till I get an amp and others?
Old 11th February 2009, 18:43   #9231
Senior - BHPian

good enough. I'd suggest that you get a proper sub and enclosure instead of a tube. there is a HUGE difference
EDIT : unless its a sedan
Old 11th February 2009, 19:19   #9232
BHPian

Certainly get the front compos first and upgrade as and when you want to.
Old 13th February 2009, 20:06   #9233
BHPian

I have a Cedia, which has come with a factory fitted blaupuntk system. This is a single CD/tuner player.
My query is whether a USB port can be fitted in the system to attach an external drive for accessing music? This port may be left suspended in the glove box. There is an option of 'AUX' in the system and hence I thought that it may be possible to work on the lines.
I am in Delhi/ Noida these days. If somebody could suggest any person who would work it out for me will be appreciated.
If this modification is not possible then is there an availibility of a system which is like the one being factory fitted in the ANHC?
Old 13th February 2009, 20:30   #9234
BANNED

It is possible to add an aux in cable to your HU as it has the aux option. You'll be able to play any external device with a line out and hear it in your car.
You'll have to get the aux in cable from Blaupunkt for that.

Regarding the USB port, it's necessary to see if your HU supports USB devices. Aux in cannot be used as USB port. If you know the model number/name of the Blaupunkt HU in your car, please post it here.
Old 14th February 2009, 18:48   #9235
Senior - BHPian

Dear Gurus,

I have a couple of queries which I'd appreciate your help with.

I'm planning to ICE my Civic with a modest system. For the first stage, I'm forgoing a sub even though I listen to trance a lot. I'm satisfied with the bass from the stock system and don't feel the need for a sub for now. Therefore, I'm considering a 4 channel amp, components and a new HU for a start.

I'm considering the Genesis 4 channel for the amp, Hertz MLK165 for components (having liked how Hertz sounds in greenie's Indicab) and some Dynamat damping. I'm planning to source these things from Dubai. Steer bhai graciously gave me a contact who has the compos, but no amp. Damping can be gotten on order. So my questions, gentlemen:

1) Where can I buy Genesis in Dubai?
2) How much damping would my car require for starters? I do not play very loud and I do not plan to add a dozen 15" subs in my trunk either.
3) Rear fills?

Approximate costs would also be nice.

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th February 2009, 19:20   #9236
BHPian

So which head unit have you planed for this setup ? and how is it going to be installed ? around 2 Sq.Feet of damping sheet would suffice for a single door, 10 feet of the stuff would be more than enough for the whole car.
Old 14th February 2009, 19:28   #9237
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest you plan a budget first. and tbh. listen to the high end stuff and choose if they are worth the extra amount you are putting in for them. for me , comps start falling into the diminishing returns category from the 10k price point and so on. To borrow from your old sig, audition these things using music you listen to, and see if you notice a difference, and if the difference is worth paying the extra amount, and if its relevant to you.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:07   #9238
Senior - BHPian

I'm open to suggestions on where I can audition these things. Obviously, hydra-san can be contacted. Anyone else?

@muneem : 9887. Dash kit and in it goes.
Old 14th February 2009, 22:24   #9239
BHPian

The best installer in Kerala has policys against installation of components which you bring ,so find that out first else ask around the frequenters of that place as to how an install can be done there. while you are at it you could also look at hertz 163L components ( 3 way components)
Old 14th February 2009, 22:29   #9240
BANNED

Good choice of equipment, Immortalz.
You should try Gulf Wireless in Dubai. If not there, contact Gunbir on the forum. He maybe able to point you out to the distributor in Dubai.

Make sure you listen to any Mille range of speaker before you plonk your money on it. They sound very very different from the lower range of Hertz speakers.

9887 can now be connected to the steering audio controls of the Civic by buying the interface. You can invest some on that too and increase your overall ICE pleasure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks