Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 12:48   #9196
Team-BHP Support

They are the ones that costed me around 5.5k in March last year. Don't remember the model number.

Inline crossovers sounds Greek to me, sorry
Old 26th January 2009, 21:21   #9197

ice for scorpio

hi i want to put a bass tube( with built in amplifier) and two speakers in my scorpio my budget is 10000 max(all inclusive) please suggest
Old 27th January 2009, 11:16   #9198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSIDS View Post
hi i want to put a bass tube( with built in amplifier) and two speakers in my scorpio my budget is 10000 max(all inclusive) please suggest
You wont get a good bass tube wit a built in amp for 10,000. A bass tube without a built in amp itself will cost you about 7K. Mate that to a basic Sony 2 ch. amp (wired for mono) for 3K and you will get a tube + amp for 10K.

Last edited by navin : 27th January 2009 at 11:17.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:22   #9199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, I run Hertz compos and JBL 937s of my HU Pio 4050 in my swift. No amp.

The right compo has stopped working. When I tried to test the setting by putting the fader to Front and right, the only thing I could hear was some music and noise out of the right tweeter. Nothing from the speaker.

What could be wrong ? Suggestion guys !!!

Got it installed from driven so JB/Gunbir, here I come but not before the weekend.
Now that I think of it, I removed my car battery before this happened. Can it be the cause ?
Old 27th January 2009, 11:52   #9200
Team-BHP Support

Eddy unless you removed your battery while the stereo was on it should not matter
Old 27th January 2009, 15:51   #9201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSIDS View Post
Dear Friend

You can try the push pull design subwoofer of audible dynamics they have come up with an 10" active subwoofer which has a Active Subwoofer on one end and Passive radiating on the other both in a sealed enclosure please have a look at it one of my friend has it in this Swift installed by Anwar of Auto Fusion its sounds great the lows are really good.....

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-subwoofer-2.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-subwoofer-1.jpg
Old 27th January 2009, 21:49   #9202
BHPian

Hi guys,

i have a Santro XO 2007 model...

My current setup is as follows..

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-379MP0MP
Front: TS-G412
Rear : TS-G622

The speakers are loaded on the default enclosures

Recently i have been getting a hissing sound from the rear right speakers(whenever there some bassy music)..

for the upgrade...i will be spending roughly about 10k...i will not be going for a sub.

my main intention is to change the speakers....

visited a dealer and they adviced me
polk db401 Rs 4941 co-axial for the front
polk db691 Rs 2520 co-axial for the rear
mdf tray Rs 800

i have tried searching for polk speakers and could not get much info..

plz advice what should be the best setup for me...

ps: i would give speakers producing more bass a higher preference....
Old 28th January 2009, 02:49   #9203
BANNED

@Katpasin.
Did you like how Polks sound?
If yes, then go ahead. But buy components (instead of coax) for the front. Buy 6X9" ovals for the rear. To get good sound, you may need to add a 4 channel amp too.
If you don't like the sound of Polks, then you can choose from a whole world of speaker brands. In your budget, I would suggest JBL GT5 series.

If you haven't listened to Polks, I would recommend doing so before you buy.
Old 28th January 2009, 03:44   #9204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
polk db401 Rs 4941 co-axial for the front
polk db691 Rs 2520 co-axial for the rear
mdf tray Rs 800

Usually db401 costs around 3500 bucks and the db691 costs around 5800 but if you are not installing an amplifier you would be better off with a db690 it costs just 4900 MRP.Also my advise would be to get JBL not polk components for the front because what I found out was that the polk component speakers required more juice than what can be supplied by the HU to make a real good impression else it would be just good to go in with coaxials and one thing to note is that if you are going in for components you will definely have to use it with spacers as the smallest polk components are avialble only from 5 1/4" size. It would be better to go for a JBL in the front IMHO.
Old 28th January 2009, 08:36   #9205
BHPian

thnx for the advice guys...

the prices i gave above are infact vice versa..
polk db401 Rs 2520 4" co-axial for the front
polk db691 Rs 4941 6 x 9 "co-axial for the rear
mdf tray Rs 800

Actually the dealer had given me a demo for polk and jbl...and yea i felt the polk sounded better...the demo he gave me was with all 4 speakers together..
also he told me the polk has a 4 ohm impedence which is better thn jbl's 2 ohm impedence...does this make any difference??

and finally...is it true that thr is not much difference between a 4" compo and a 4" co-axial?

this is the speakers i have shortlisted...
Front 4"
Illusion EL 4.1 component
Polk db401 co-axial

Rear (6 x 9" on mdf tray)
JBL GTO938
Polk db691

now plz help me mix n match for the best output
Old 28th January 2009, 09:46   #9206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also he told me the polk has a 4 ohm impedence which is better thn jbl's 2 ohm impedence...does this make any difference??
not much
Quote:
and finally...is it true that thr is not much difference between a 4" compo and a 4" co-axial?
not much. for a santro, since the speakers aim at the driver anyway, the difference shouldnt be much. comps are most useful when the speakers are installed on the doors or in locations where they aim away from the listener
Old 28th January 2009, 10:24   #9207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I've a Sony 7610 head-unit in my car. I bought this about 4 years ago and at that time, and this doesn't have an option to play from pen-drive.

Please suggest ways to do it. I've though of installing an additional player which plays from pen-drive (cheap Chinese one) and route it's output to my Sony system's aux-in through RCA cable. Will it work? Will it have any effect on electric supply and other electric appliances?
I got this done last Sunday. I went to Noida, Sec. 16 accessory market, bought a Chinese made mp3 player cum FM radio, which can read from pen-drive and SD card, and fitted it below my existing player (Getz has space for a dual-din player). I routed the output of this player to the auxiliary input of my Sony player, through RCA cables.

Will post pictures by today evening.

\N
Old 28th January 2009, 11:21   #9208
BANNED

Sense!

Quote:
i felt the polk sounded better
That's it buddy! You like the sound, you should spend your money on it. Don't confuse more.

Quote:
Technically, yes. But for a passive listener, it doesn't matter much.
Quote:
This also depends on the make and performance of the components you're comparing with a coax. In many cases, it doesn't show any worthy differences.
Quote:
this is the speakers i have shortlisted...
Front 4"
Illusion EL 4.1 component
Polk db401 co-axial
My selection would be Illusion EL 4.1 in the front between the above 2.
And a matching rear oval. Powered with an entry level 4 channel amp!
Old 28th January 2009, 11:33   #9209
BHPian

whoa the polk prices have gone down drastically just make sure that you get this with B & W because I bought the db691 for 6.5K.

Yep I second Zak, the illusion components are real good for the price and I think the db691 is better than the JBL for the price and Kenwood's entry level amps(6403 ?) costs at nearly 5K.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:46   #9210
Senior - BHPian

even i was shocked to see a tvm dealer offer some polk ovals for <5k when i was helping a friend ice his santro

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks