Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 10:50   #9061
Senior - BHPian

Some basic points may be worth checking.
@aditya, have you set any crossover freq in your setup? Hopefully you are comparing with both systems running the same settings?
@nishant, have you checked whether all the speakers are playing properly? Isolate each, using Fader & Balance, and check.
Old 28th December 2008, 11:10   #9062
BHPian

Both setups are running with +1 bass, all other settings flat.

@greenhorn, i agree that there's some amount of boominess in the i10 but i could do with some bass in my setup.

BTW, the factory setup comes nowhere close in terms of clarity, vocals and resolution of all the little sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Some basic points may be worth checking.
@aditya, have you set any crossover freq in your setup? Hopefully you are comparing with both systems running the same settings?
@nishant, have you checked whether all the speakers are playing properly? Isolate each, using Fader & Balance, and check.
Old 28th December 2008, 13:48   #9063
BHPian

i have GTO938 6x9" speakers at rear and pioneer TS-G612 round speakers in front for the fiesta.the HU is pio 6050.
i have been hearing a peculiar noise while hearing music at low volume from the rear speakers only and i don't hear it at high volumes.
(ps:all the 4 speakers are placed in the spaces provided by the company which means that these speakers have their top covers removed.)
Old 28th December 2008, 16:51   #9064
Senior - BHPian

aditya, considering that we run similar setups ( except that you have 6 inchers up front) - dont expect much bass from the comps - at least i didnt.
try pushing the fader to the rear ( since the bass is bound to come from there) , and if you route too much power to the fronts , the door panels will start rattling.
and then a bit of tuning the eq. reduce the treble, push up the bass a bit

and finally, make sure that the phase is correct ( i had the phase go wrong once during some service when apparently they idiots disconnected the wiring and put it back together the wrong way)
Old 28th December 2008, 17:41   #9065
BHPian

I'll try the things you said but AFAIk the phase is correctly.

And if your door panels rattle at high volumes try damping the door with rubber sheets and fevicol rubber adhesive, IMO its the most VFM way to damp your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
and if you route too much power to the fronts , the door panels will start rattling.
Old 28th December 2008, 18:02   #9066
BHPian

Hi all,
Fixed ICE yesterday on my WagonR.
1. Pio DEH-2090MPG HU - 4.1 K (grey)
2. JBL GT5 S204 - 1.7K (with bill and warranty)
3. JBL GT5 S265 - 3.5K (with bill and warranty)
4. Installation - 0.9K
Total - 9.8K
JBLs were bought from Sound factor(Lavelle Road).Installation done HMS car accessories, West of chord road (near ESI).
As i've not much of idea of how very good and good audio sounds , i asked the guy who fixed the setup at HMS and he said the sound is very good and even at high volume the sound is clear. The owner even took snaps of the speakers after listening to the sound.
I fixed the back speakers on either side of the dicky space.
How is my setup to you guys? Should i do anything else?

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 28th December 2008 at 18:04.
Old 28th December 2008, 18:39   #9067
BHPian

Its a nice and simple setup. Do post pictures in the sound off and show off section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi all,
Fixed ICE yesterday on my WagonR.
1. Pio DEH-2090MPG HU - 4.1 K (grey)
2. JBL GT5 S204 - 1.7K (with bill and warranty)
3. JBL GT5 S265 - 3.5K (with bill and warranty)
4. Installation - 0.9K
Total - 9.8K
JBLs were bought from Sound factor(Lavelle Road).Installation done HMS car accessories, West of chord road (near ESI).
As i've not much of idea of how very good and good audio sounds , i asked the guy who fixed the setup at HMS and he said the sound is very good and even at high volume the sound is clear. The owner even took snaps of the speakers after listening to the sound.
I fixed the back speakers on either side of the dicky space.
How is my setup to you guys? Should i do anything else?

Thanks,
Ramki.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:27   #9068
BHPian

Gurus,
Need your inputs for ICE'ng my spark. My Budget would be around 20K. On enquiring with accessories shops at Milan Subway for a decent ICE, was told the following Configuration:-

1. HU- pioneer 3150UB/ 3100UB
2. Front Speakers- JBL GT5 S204
Also tweeters in the front
3. JBl 6X9's GTO 938
4. JBL CS 1205 Subwoofer with enclosure
5. Sony 4-channel amp powering the rear 6X9's and the Sub.
6. Earthquake wiring kit (8 guage)

In abscence of a demo/ audition was not able to make up my mind. The cost quoted for the above setup was 22~23K with installation. On asking if the front co-axes can be powered with amp, it was not suggested by the shop.
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Old 30th December 2008, 01:16   #9069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Gurus,
Need your inputs for ICE'ng my spark. My Budget would be around 20K. On enquiring with accessories shops at Milan Subway for a decent ICE, was told the following Configuration:-

1. HU- pioneer 3150UB/ 3100UB
2. Front Speakers- JBL GT5 S204
Also tweeters in the front
3. JBl 6X9's GTO 938
4. JBL CS 1205 Subwoofer with enclosure
5. Sony 4-channel amp powering the rear 6X9's and the Sub.
6. Earthquake wiring kit (8 guage)

In abscence of a demo/ audition was not able to make up my mind. The cost quoted for the above setup was 22~23K with installation. On asking if the front co-axes can be powered with amp, it was not suggested by the shop.
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
I think you could get much better setup, if you could shell out 5k more. Here's my preferred setup under 25k-
HU: Any Pioneer with approx. 4k
Front: JBL GTO908C Components or Bull Components for 4k
Rear: JBL 6 inch co-ax speaker for 3k
Amp: Kenwood KAC8401 for 5k
Sub: JBL CS 1205T with enclosure for 5k
Wiring: 8 Gauge any decent brand for 2k
Installation: 1-2k
Old 30th December 2008, 11:19   #9070
BHPian

Need help.

On the JBL 3501 monoblock, I see HPF and boost knobs. I have set the HPF to the minimum which is around 10 Hz and set the boost knob to 12 db (Range is between 0 and 12 db). I have the monoblock connected to JBL GT5-12 in a basstube. Though I like the sound at these settings, I am afraid that I might damage the subwoofer or the amp. Can anyone please let me know if there is any danger in running the system at these settings.

Thank you.
Old 30th December 2008, 11:32   #9071
Senior - BHPian

good lord, a bass tube run off a monobloc, talk about imbalances

try setting the boost to halfway and try increasing the subwoofer level at the HU. this will reduce noise levels at the monoblock.

you can set the HPF at 20, and probably higher (30~40 Hz) , since the sub doesnt go much lower anyway, and you can use the power in the higher frequencies
Old 30th December 2008, 11:55   #9072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
good lord, a bass tube run off a monobloc, talk about imbalances

try setting the boost to halfway and try increasing the subwoofer level at the HU. this will reduce noise levels at the monoblock.

you can set the HPF at 20, and probably higher (30~40 Hz) , since the sub doesnt go much lower anyway, and you can use the power in the higher frequencies
Thank you GreenHorn. I had the basstube before I bought the monoblock and am planning to change it to a DVC sub in a sealed box in near future. Will the powerseries P1224 DVC sub go well with this 3501 monoblock?.

I will change the settings to what you have mentioned for now.

Thank you.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:03   #9073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
I think you could get much better setup, if you could shell out 5k more. Here's my preferred setup under 25k-
HU: Any Pioneer with approx. 4k
Front: JBL GTO908C Components or Bull Components for 4k
Rear: JBL 6 inch co-ax speaker for 3k
Amp: Kenwood KAC8401 for 5k
Sub: JBL CS 1205T with enclosure for 5k
Wiring: 8 Gauge any decent brand for 2k
Installation: 1-2k
Buddy,
In the spark, you cannot install 6.5 inch components without cutting the front door panels- which i don't want to do. The dash location would take a 4 inch compo, so the options were limited- 4.1EL from Illusion audio/ or Audiobhan.The store owner didn't recommend such small 4" components over similar sized co-axials. He said that there won't be any perceptible difference.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:17   #9074
BHPian

@Sudipt123
I would suggest you get the door pannels cut and put in 6.5" components.
If you do want to stick to 4" then go in for Illusion 4" components they are good.
so your setup should ideally be HU+Front compos + Rear 6x9s + 1 amp (4 channel)
at a later stage you can add a sub.
your present quote of a sub+powered rears would not sound good since you would have HU powered co-ax in front.
I would suggest Pio HU, JBL GT-5 604 amp, illusion 4" components and JBL 6x9s.

edit: and be careful of milan subway installers!

Last edited by arpandiv : 30th December 2008 at 13:18. Reason: added warning for milan subway
Old 30th December 2008, 13:48   #9075
BHPian

How do I connect a DVC sub to the JBL 3501 monoblock?. I mean there are two sets of
+- terminals on the monoblock. Should I take one set of +- to one voice coil and the other set of the +- to the other voice coil?. I currently having a SVC sub and using one set of +- on the amp to the sub.

Most Viewed