Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 22:21   #8956
Senior - BHPian

gt480 has a direct aux in and is costliar then gta 4 .
Old 18th November 2008, 00:41   #8957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post

With bass tube and 6x9 ovals doing all the loud things at rear, only some poor tweeters are there at front. There's no front sound stage here. Sorry no offense, but your friend got a bad advice from that installer. You could have consulted TBHP.
Pioneer TS 20 are the best tweeter evernot some poor tweeters, plus I missed the JBL GTO628 6 " Speakers he has got in the front doors. he got that for 2800.
Old 18th November 2008, 07:25   #8958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Pioneer TS 20 are the best tweeter ever
not some poor tweeters
not quite mate. at least most of us here dont share your high opinion about the TS 20's
If you have heard other setups and are genuinely satisfied with yours, then well and good. otherwise I'd recommend that you exchange both the TS 20's and the JBL 628's and get a pair of GTO608C's instead .
Old 18th November 2008, 11:00   #8959
BHPian

@gaurav - actually I didn't mean that TS20s are bad, but when a bass tube and a pair of ovals doing all the loud music at rear, the front has only a set of tweeters which is trying hard to make some noise. There's no sound stage in front. Actually the sound stage should come from front and the rear should only support them, with the sub producing required amount of bass which blends well with the overall system. Only in the next post you told he has a pair of co-ax at front. As greenhorn said, ask him to sell off those tweeters and co-ax and get a pair of components, amp them, which has midbass + tweeters + crossover circuit to devide the frequencies, well tuned from factory.
But if you are satisfied with the system, then thats it. But I would request you to audtion some of the TBHP ICE cars in the same budget.
Old 18th November 2008, 14:16   #8960
BHPian

I was thinking......

What if I start with the blau velocity Vc 662 (2 way component) 320W -8,900/- and Pioneer HU and then later build the system.

I would like to know that whether an amp will be required for the above config. or will a better HU will suffice ?

velocity are just FINE piece of speakers yaar!
Old 18th November 2008, 22:24   #8961
BHPian

component speakers like amplifiers, you will too. a decent 60*2rms 2 channel amp in grey costs only 3500 get it
Old 19th November 2008, 20:43   #8962
BHPian

@navin

Is an amp really necessary even if you dont have a sub ?

Also you suggested JBL 2 way component speakers upto 9K.

Do you have any idea about the blau VELOCITY series which also
costs around 9k?

thanks.
Old 21st November 2008, 01:31   #8963

Spoke to a few local ICE installers and need a few clarifications (I am getting a HU (to be finalised) and JBL GT5-402 front speakers; Nothing else)

Can I get a HU harness for the Santro?

What kind of connectors (banana plug, crimp) are recomended to connect the speaker wires to the HU? Are they easily available?

I do not want the installers to cut and tape. Looks like this is the norm.
Old 21st November 2008, 07:52   #8964
Senior - BHPian

a harness for the santro should be available.

if the santro comes pre wired for audio , then nothing more than insulation tape should be needed
Old 21st November 2008, 09:58   #8965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansvalet View Post
Is an amp really necessary even if you dont have a sub ?
I have a simple rule of thumb. If you find your self turning the HUs volume control past it's half way mark an amp can help. if not relax.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:16   #8966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthgear View Post
Can I get a HU harness for the Santro?
Getting a harness for the Santro Xing shouldn't be a problem. Any car audio installer worth his salt should have them. You can have a look at a few before buying because some of them come with pretty thin wires & you don't want those. If you get a harness, then there is no cutting & taping involved. The wires on the harness & those on the HU are colour-matched & you can solder them together & put some heat-shrink tubing over the connection.
Quote:
What kind of connectors (banana plug, crimp) are recomended to connect the speaker wires to the HU? Are they easily available?
You can have a look at the HU manual & identify the front right & front left speaker wires by the colour-coding & either solder or crimp them to the wires running to your respective speakers. Make sure you get the polarity right too.
Quote:
I do not want the installers to cut and tape. Looks like this is the norm.
With the easy availability of harnesses, most installers would be unwilling to work harder & cut & tape instead, but I guess there will always be exceptions.
All the best.
nura.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:25   #8967
Senior - BHPian

Seeking Car Audio Recommendations

Hello Audio Experts,

I've booked a Getz 1.3 this week and should get delivery before end of month. After referring to various threads, I've shortlisted a few brands for components and coaxials. It will be very helpful if you could suggest what might be a fairly good setup for music of all genres..

Components: Amongst Hertz, Infinity, Illusions and JBL, which component [a 6" or 6.5", whichever Getz can take in it's door speaker provision] is a good buy for listening to most genres, and produces a warm, mature sound. If any, I'd like to avoid any component that produces more jingles and christmas bells [treble heavy, which is what 'I' think everyone here refers to as 'bright'.
Budget: 9K or lesser.

Coaxials: Same brands and one which can give a good bass effect [but not too boomy, I'm no faking hip-hop gangster]. I don't understand audio well enough to make a decision, so I'm asking; is it disasterous to mix and match brands [say Hertz components and jbl coaxials (or) infinity components and hertz coaxs (or) Hertz components and Illusion coaxs) etc.] for a preferred sound effect?
Budget: 6k or Under

Amplifier: An amp that can power the 4 speakers well, without overheating or what is called 'cliping' [? not sure if that is how its spelt].
Budget: 8K or lesser.

Head Unit: I have a lovely Alpine 9833 which plays faultless and used to play and power jbl components and coaxs in my previous car [indica] without a sweat.
I now have a large capacity iPod, which would be nice to connect to this HU. For this, I need Alpine knowledge experts to comment if I can somehow connect an iPOD [classic 80gb] to the 9833. If for many reasons this is not possible, I will then look at a nice double-din or get the Alpine 9886.

Sub: I plan to use the boot often [which is why I preferred the Getz hatchback] so no SUB now. I may plan for a tube sub later and will come around for advice at a more appropriate time.

Thanks in advance for your inputs and looking forward to hearing soon.
I also hope and request that we won't discuss any 'why no i20' questions here..

Mods: I am posting this request here since I have hardly received response on my thread outside this one but inside ICE domain section. I think not many experts venture out of this thread. I don't mind and infact request if you can delete that thread now]. Thanks.

Cheers.... aK

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st November 2008 at 17:37. Reason: changed 9896 to 9886 :) Please use report post functionality for such requests
Old 21st November 2008, 14:58   #8968
Distinguished - BHPian

Ajay,

JBL produces quite decent sound without being too bright. My Simple Recommendation :

Comps : JBL 608C
Co-axial : JBL 938
Amp: JBL ( 4-channel, forgot the model no)
HU : you already have a killer

And, it is preferred to have a set-up from same brand as it would be a better mating. But, then it wont be too much of a problem if you mix-match from different brands too.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:07   #8969
Senior - BHPian

Correction to previous post # 8967

Firstly mods, apologies. I just noticed an error and it's too late now to go back and edit. Request you to kindly make the edit on my behalf.

I meant to refer to HU 9886 and not 9896. I think I didn't see what key I pressed. Sorry for this..
Old 21st November 2008, 16:31   #8970
BHPian

I have a Pioneer 4050UB HU with USB. I tried plugging in my Western Digital USB 250GB HDD to get all my music collection in the car. However the HU acts weird when i plug the hdd in. it kind of restarts every few seconds. I believe it is because the HDD is pulling more power from the USB port than the HU can provide.

Didsomeone experience a similar problem while connecting a HDD to the HU.
I am running my rear 6x9 coax on the HU and front comps and sub running on the 75.4 If i turn off the rear coaxs when i run the HDD ,will the HU be able to provide enough juice.

P.S. i am scared to try any more stunts without proper advice since I also have a lot of other data on the HDD and don't wanna to mess up with it .

Gurus . any solution to the above problem??

EDIT: I read the manual and it says the HU supports hdd upto 250 GB.

Last edited by leadf00t : 21st November 2008 at 16:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks