Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 19:28   #8911
Senior - BHPian

@ vamsi, why not go through
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ce-thread.html
You'll get a lot of suggestions

identify the functions you need and the type of music you listen to. without that , we cant help
Old 5th November 2008, 22:04   #8912
BHPian

Thank you greenhorn. I will certainly do so. Actually I have gone through some of the threads of some members (Zaks) and how they got their ICE setup. Anyway I will certainly go through the thread.
Old 5th November 2008, 23:31   #8913
BHPian

Does installing anything else apart from a Headunit and four speakers(Amp, Sub ..) void the warranty of the car in any ways?
Old 6th November 2008, 01:16   #8914
Senior - BHPian

What do you guys think is a fair price for the Alpine MRV-1002?

Its an old school amp... a decade? Well not that long :P

Any advise would help to buy.sell rent et.c
Old 6th November 2008, 08:34   #8915

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Whats your budget for the HU ? Kenwood / Pioneer make some good HU's which are VFM.
I haven't fixed my budget yet, I need an USB out and Ipod compatible
Old 6th November 2008, 09:35   #8916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
What do you guys think is a fair price for the Alpine MRV-1002?

Its an old school amp... a decade? Well not that long :P

Any advise would help to buy.sell rent et.c
My stupid friend posted this in case someone's wondering!
Old 6th November 2008, 09:56   #8917
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering why he did not consider leasing or hire purchase
Old 6th November 2008, 21:21   #8918
BHPian

Palio ICE - Options I am comtemplating.

Hi gurus,

After going through this entire thread and several others, I could gather that 6.5" components fit in the front door stock position with spacers provided and 5.25" (co-axials/components) in the rear stock position (Not interested MDF tray with 6x9 oval speakers). Tweeters are at the slot given near OVRM handle (I seem to be learning too much ).

Now here is the set up that I am comtemplating.

HU (make not decided yet. Suggestions requested) - DVD player with USB

Front Components 6.5" - JBL/Hertz/Illussion (Of course will try to audition)
Rear 5.25" (co-axials/components?) - same make as above
Amp 4-ch - thinking of JBL (can't recollect the exact name)
Tweeters - I don't have any idea. help me please.

If required I would go for a sub later.

Now I have two questions, which have been asked earlier but haven't been addressed properly or rather to my understanding.

1. Is the factory fitted wiring adequate or should go for new install.

2. As I travel a lot with my freinds I would like to have good soundstage in the rear too. So thought of going for comps. And is there any problem if I think of going for 6.5" in the rear also and mounting them in the door itself. Is it suggested or would it interfere with the window mechanism.

3. Some of my friends have got their oval speakers fittend to the rear door. I didn't find the SQ too good with that. Any way is this suggested in palio.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:32   #8919
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend upgrading the wiring for the speakers if you are planning to amp them. In fact, i dont think you can use the stock wiring if you are planning to use an amp anyway

I'm not sure if the speakers in the door are as practical. get some good 6x9's. What brand/model 6x9's did you hear and not like ? MDF is really a good idea, better than any OE plastic shelf ( no idea what comes in the palio)

EDIT: no need for 6x9's, and consequently the MDF plank if you're planning for a sub

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th November 2008 at 21:36.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:45   #8920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm not sure if the speakers in the door are as practical. get some good 6x9's. What brand/model 6x9's did you hear and not like ? MDF is really a good idea, better than any OE plastic shelf ( no idea what comes in the palio)
Its not the make I said I didn't like it was the location on the boot door. I am not preferring MDF as I may have to remove the entire tray when I travel and I don't think it would be feasible to do that so frequently without damging the wiring. Moreover there will be no speakers in the rear if I do that.

I would anyway go for a sub later so felt 5.25" would be enough in the rear for now. And that is the reason I am planning to go for comps in the rear also.

Any further suggestions are most welcome. And can anyone give me the website ID for hertz. Wasn't able to find it.

Also can anyone suggest a good place in Hyd where I can audition as well as get my ICE installed
Old 7th November 2008, 04:27   #8921
BHPian

Hi,

I've not been on the site for a long time,so if i posted in the wrong section Admins,please move it.

i have Sony CDX GT 610U headunit with JBL speakers. It does not have bluetooth but i want my phone calls to be routed to the speakers.

Some people will say do a SEARCH before asking but believe me i have searched a lot but unable to fid where to start from.

Is there any thread which discusess this or how can i go about streaming the calls over BT to the HU.

Thanks
Zaveed
Old 7th November 2008, 07:11   #8922
Senior - BHPian

hertz website = HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo

hertz distri in india = SSPL India
Old 7th November 2008, 14:32   #8923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Tweeters - I don't have any idea. help me please.
vamsi,

You are going for components at front, which is the best bet. They come as a pair of tweeters, midbass drivers and crossover circuits (all included in the pack). The line from HU/amp goes to this crossover (a small circuit box) which has two sets of out, one to midbass and one to tweeter. You dont need to buy any extra tweeters.

Even for co-axials (as name suggests they are dual cones, one serves as midbass and the outer smaller one as tweeter), you don't need any extra tweeters.

Since you are planning for amp and sub later, no need to install 6x9s. Co-axials would be ideal and they will do their purpose as rear fills. If you are more specific you can go for comps at rear also.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:20   #8924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
Ok.... I have got a new box built with the following specs....WxHxD (Wedged type box) - 15x17x17 (closed enclosure for JBL GT4-12...for a Swift...amp for now driven by Sony XM-554ZR )...But before I install it just need to know if this will really work for a good tight bass....Also the enclosure has been filled with a some Reliance Recron FiberFill stuff for damping puposes..
Hi!
I am responding to your PM. Here, this should sort out any questions you may have.
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-gt412_f1_page_1.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-gt412_f1_page_2.jpg

Cheers

Sam
Old 7th November 2008, 15:55   #8925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Hi,

I've not been on the site for a long time,so if i posted in the wrong section Admins,please move it.

i have Sony CDX GT 610U headunit with JBL speakers. It does not have bluetooth but i want my phone calls to be routed to the speakers.

Some people will say do a SEARCH before asking but believe me i have searched a lot but unable to fid where to start from.

Is there any thread which discusess this or how can i go about streaming the calls over BT to the HU.

Thanks
Zaveed
You will need either a BT enabled HU or get a Bluetooth Kit from parrot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks