Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 17:28   #8821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
5" in door chalega, but if you want the max, then i'd suggest 6". may drive up the costs though spacers etc. Since you want to keep your costs down, i suppose 5" will do fine. Remember to budget for some damping. the indigo door panels vibrate like crazy
True. thanks for the info. Will do some research this weekend and will get back on this.
Old 17th October 2008, 21:33   #8822
BHPian

Pre-outs

How much of difference do pre-outs make For eg-2V, 2.5V,4V.Please gurus if you could explain.
Thanx in adv.
Old 21st October 2008, 23:40   #8823
BHPian

dear gurus

please explain merits/demerits of running a set of 4 ohm component speakers in parallel through a bridged output (2channel) of a 4 channel amp
consider a 60*4 rms amp and when brdged gives output of 180 rms*1 @4ohms and consider it STABLE at 2ohms.consider any op at 2 ohms
P.S:can this be done

versus
running the components off seperate channles ( i.e sepertely supplying them 60 rms - the regular way no bridging etc)

wouldnt the first method provide more power to the components. and would they not play cleaner.?

if so why does everyone not use this method? ( as far as i see, they only might loose left and right fader control-so what.)
Also above is true only is the amp is stable at 2ohms.

Actaully the above can be done using a mono or 2 channel also na?

navin,B&T,Sam greenie,Dr alte bhai and all please comment

Last edited by Magma : 21st October 2008 at 23:41.
Old 21st October 2008, 23:56   #8824
Senior - BHPian

among other things, You'll end up with a car mono system instead of a car stereo system ! All stereo information - the sound stage etc will be lost

Another option would be to bridge the front/rear channels together instead of left/right . Loss of front/rear fader control is more bearable compared to loss of stereo sound!

The the second part, Louder, yes, cleaner ? no

bridging would bring in more distortion, cut damping factor in half , and stress the amp more,

But for a pure SPL setup on a budget , it should work (and you can save on the wiring too, one less pair of RCA's , and one less pair of speaker wires!)

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd October 2008 at 00:05.
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:55   #8825
BHPian

hi guys,

i was wondering, how is the JBL 1204 BR as a product?

is it worth buying? how much should it cost in delhi?

thanks
ND
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:48   #8826
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
consider a 60*4 rms amp and when brdged gives output of 180 rms*1 @4ohms
in addition to what "greenie" posted..
you cannot bridge a 4ch amp into 1 ch. you can bridge the amp to 2 channels which means that you can only connect 1 pair of speakers unless you want to loose your front/rear or left/right panning options.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:33   #8827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
please explain merits/demerits of running a set of 4 ohm component speakers in parallel through a bridged output (2channel) of a 4 channel amp
consider a 60*4 rms amp and when brdged gives output of 180 rms*1 @4ohms and consider it STABLE at 2ohms.consider any op at 2 ohms
P.S:can this be done
There are not many amps that are stable running 2 ohms bridged. And you will either get summed mono (which is bad for full range L-R speakers setups), or just single channel information , depending on how you conifig it.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:28   #8828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
in addition to what "greenie" posted..
you cannot bridge a 4ch amp into 1 ch. you can bridge the amp to 2 channels which means that you can only connect 1 pair of speakers unless you want to loose your front/rear or left/right panning options.
sir
i was talking of bridgind 2 channles of a 4 channel amp and then running a pair of component speakers in parallel through this bridged output
i dont want to bridge all 4 channels to get 1 chanel.
my mistake typing 180*1 @ 4ohms
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:46   #8829
BHPian

@magma please correct me if i'm wrong you are saying you want to bridge the front and rear of left and right each and make it only stereo but connect two pairs of comps in parallel?
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:01   #8830
BHPian

Music system for my santro

Team BHP,
I plan to buy a DVD player for by Santro. However the car already has a cassette player along with FM radio etc. installed in it. I shoud I go ahead with this? Should I purchase a totally new DVD player or are there any options available to upgrade/add an extra DVD player facility to the existing player?
I belong to Chennai and if the above facilities are available where would I get it from?
Thanks
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:15   #8831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
I plan to buy a DVD player for by Santro.
Why DVD? If you dont need Video a CD/MP3 player will do just fine and save you a few bucks too. Your old cassette player might not be upgradeable. A few cassette players had the option of adding a CD/VCD changer to but you need to get the appropriate changer which I believe might no longer be available.
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:33   #8832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
@magma please correct me if i'm wrong you are saying you want to bridge the front and rear of left and right each and make it only stereo but connect two pairs of comps in parallel?

yep
thats what i think greenie is suggesting.
i think what i was suggesting surmounted to giving a mono signal but what greenie suggested makes a little more sense
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:44   #8833
BHPian

i kind of expected that but at the end of it unless both the comps were in one location in the car it wouldn't really make too much of a difference except making the sound a lil more distorted would it?
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:56   #8834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
i kind of expected that but at the end of it unless both the comps were in one location in the car it wouldn't really make too much of a difference except making the sound a lil more distorted would it?
sorry
i didnt understand this.
please explain
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:15   #8835
Distinguished - BHPian

Magmesh Singh!!

First - get your concept basics correct. Listen very carefully.

When you take a 4 ohm speaker and run it on a single channel - the amplifier "sees" the load as 4 ohms. (Logical)
When you take a 4 ohm speaker and run it bridged, the amplifier "sees" it as a 2 ohm load per channel.
When you take 2X4 ohm speakers in pyarelal, you effectively have 2 ohms. But when you run that 2 ohms load on a bridge, the amplifier "sees" it as a ONE ohm load per channel.
So you need a one ohm stable amplifier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks