Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 11:43   #8776
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Navin sir, help me with settings on the HU and amp please??
Arey baba, it's done by ear. I am in Mumbai and you are in Delhi. Maybe one of the Delhi boys can help.
Old 8th October 2008, 11:48   #8777
BHPian

Haha, Delhi boys will help when I go to them for help. I meant some online Gyaan

LBM - I don't know if it's already fried.. lol
Old 8th October 2008, 12:11   #8778

Hi i am karthik new to this place and the country too i left india in 1996 just got back cause my folks were comming here I have done my MIT(mechanical institutional training from Boston Ma) in the US.
I am a fabricator and a body and car specialities.
I am living in hyd want to start my store here would need you help over a few thing if the guys here can bank on ur advice so can I..
I can make a tunner look like a work like it a super model and i can design speakers cabinet and i have a team i am putting to geater which involves a lot of guys who date car..
So pls help we out whit how i should approace my clients will a website work or do i give paper adds...I cant spell and i am not a business man so i cant do that looking infact dieing for some good advice help me out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Tricky. The octavia actually does accomodate comps both in the front and rear (using the chota jaggahs where you open the door)

Unfortunately, the tweeter then sort of fires at the elbows of the rear pax.
The advantage of using a 5.25 co-ax in the rear pod is that due to the angle of the glass on the notchback, you can actually hear some of the reflected highs upfront.
I'd say, 6" compos front, 5.25 high power coaxs in the rear and some enclosed sub. Tube or box, depending on the kind of sound you like. I actually have some Killer photos of one of our Octavias. But no clue how to show you these.
Old 8th October 2008, 12:16   #8779
BHPian

front speakers

i have a M800 with Kenwood KDC-MP333 HU and speakers at the back.
i would like to have a good front speakers that would be be compactable?
suggestions from gurus and audio lovers are most welcome!!
Old 8th October 2008, 15:58   #8780
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik6202 View Post
.....infact dieing for some good advice help me out..
Hi Karthik6202,

One piece of good advice i can give you is to get FireFox v2 or higher. It has an inbuilt spellcheck that will improve the quality of your posts, emails etc.

As for the rest, im sure others can add their 2 cents.

cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th October 2008 at 16:11. Reason: Spelling corrected. Sam says i should consider getting Firefox as well...hmmm
Old 8th October 2008, 19:39   #8781

Yet another swift ICE Upgrade!

Howzit guys,

Kudos to all of you for the great advice. I've been reading through the forum for a few days and it's pretty insightful!

I saw a couple of others looking at advice for what to put in their cars, but i'm a little more specific. I recently got myself a swift vxi, it's already got a head unit, 6x9s and i'm not sure what the front speakers are. All are Sony Xplod. I'm looking for some serious bass and have been looking around at different subs, but i'm inclined to get the xplod so that i'll have an entire unit! How's the JBL sub? I know the brand is good.

I'm looking at spending around 10k or so, i think it should be fine considering I already have half of what I need. I'm planning on getting a 12" sub, xplode 2 channel amp and a set of tweeters to increase the treble.

Any suggestions?
Old 8th October 2008, 20:04   #8782
Senior - BHPian

no extra tweeters, for the love of god ( and your own ears)

try throwing out the front speakers and instead adding a pair of 6" component speakers on MDF spacers. that should help with the bass. What's the head unit ?
Old 8th October 2008, 20:10   #8783
Senior - BHPian

Naasty do also let us know the budget that you have in mind & yes please no extra tweeters as they will be more trouble than treble.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:23   #8784
Senior - BHPian

Naasty, people here won't be nasty - but maybe that's why they'll recommend you trade in the Sony Craplod on your car at the moment. Do search the thread - its one thing ALL the gurus agree on

that said, welcome
Old 8th October 2008, 20:30   #8785
BHPian

i want a 1 pt kick as said by abhinav in my swift..what do i do???i dont like that direct kick hitting me..want a more filtered bass..I had an indigo before this swift and i loved the effect..kindly help..
Old 8th October 2008, 22:19   #8786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
... i would like to have a good front speakers that would be be compactable?...
Compactable? Why would you want to compact the speakers (unless they are Sony)? Did you mean 'compact speakers'?

Search M800 installations - you should be able to fit 6.5" (or at least 5.25") speakers - components preferably - on the front door pads. You will need to use MDF spacers so that a. the mid-bass has a firm mounting on the flimsy door pad and b. the speaker clears the window mechanism
Old 8th October 2008, 22:34   #8787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
i want a 1 pt kick as said by abhinav in my swift..what do i do???i dont like that direct kick hitting me..want a more filtered bass..I had an indigo before this swift and i loved the effect..kindly help..
Come on White_vdi, you can ask a better question than this.

I have not even understood what you want, apart from being kicked.
Tell us about youe existing system, tell us your budget - how can we help you without knowing what you have or want?
Old 8th October 2008, 22:52   #8788
BHPian

@ Sam_Kapasi: I dont want to be kicked bro!!!

Abhinav was talking about the how the bass in a 3-box car is subdued due to the seat that isolates the cabin from the boot where the sub or tube is..
I had an indigo before this car with a jbl tube in the boot..the bass was not that hard and was filtered if i can say so..bass was felt more on the back sitting on the seat than a loud boom boom..more of vibs and less of sound..
now i have a friend who has a swift with the same jbl tube his bass is very loud and less vibs than in a 3-box car...it hits the head directly and gives a headache..
i am looking for that vibration from a sub or tube than the usual dham-dham..hope i have put my point across...

currently my setup is:
pioneer P6050 UB
jbl gt5 650c in the front door
sony 4 way coax in the rear door
budget is around 10grand..

Last edited by white_vdi : 8th October 2008 at 22:56.
Old 8th October 2008, 22:55   #8789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
One peice of good advice i can give you is to get FireFox v2 or higher. It has an inbuilt spellcheck that will improve the quality of your posts, emails etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Compactable? Why would you want to compact the speakers (unless they are Sony)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have not even understood what you want, apart from being kicked.

Thats the funniest sequence of posts I have come across.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:23   #8790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
One peice of good advice i can give you is to get FireFox v2 or higher. It has an inbuilt spellcheck that will improve the quality of your posts, emails etc.
Does this Firefox thing work with IE7? I sure could use it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks