Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 16:16   #8701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post

I am using a crossover of (80/80) with 24 db/octave slope and the music is just good for 80% of the times. But I am not getting required beat seperation from my Sub (crossed at 80 Hz) for some of the songs. When I cross the Sub at 63 Hz the beat seperation improves. Which points to that I am asking my sub to play too many frequencies and it is unable to do so.
I did not got your beat separation thing. What do you mean with it ?
Old 10th September 2008, 16:20   #8702
BHPian

In line Fuse

Can i use two 35A fuse parallel in place of one 75A blade fuse?I have used one 35A in line blade fuse in my current setup.I am upgrading my setup to 4Ch amp so i need to use 70A fuse.

Last edited by mohang_j : 10th September 2008 at 16:22.
Old 10th September 2008, 16:50   #8703
BANNED

Sub and mids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbaruas View Post
Hello All,
Can anynone please let me know if we can play .dts files/cds on the pioneer 5050 headunit ?
Do you mean the 5050 CD HU?
You can't play dts files on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I do it when I have to play it loud . But for normal listening I prefer 80 hz at both the ends.
80 is a safe HPF cut off range in most cases and configs. If it's cut off at 120, then it is necessary that the sub is able to handle that frequency range comfortably.

Normally, a subwoofer is not exactly designed to handle midbass frequency ranges. So, it's always better to let the subwoofer handle the lows and midbass drivers handle the lower and higher ranges of mids.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:03   #8704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

80 is a safe HPF cut off range in most cases and configs. If it's cut off at 120, then it is necessary that the sub is able to handle that frequency range comfortably.
Zak Bhai when I mean loud It means SPL. Full volume wala...
Old 10th September 2008, 17:11   #8705
Senior - BHPian

Pio 4050UB HU query

I recently fitted a Pioneer 4050UB HU in my Scorpio. Quite strangely, I am unable to turn the HU off. The "Off" button is combined with the "Source" button - you have to keep it pressed for a few seconds to turn the system off. However, keeping it pressed is resulting in the Source changing to "USB-iPod" and not turning off. I've tried keeping the button pressed for varying lengths of time but no luck. The user manual doesn't say anything extra - just instructs one to keep the button pressed for a few seconds to turn off the HU.
Has anyone faced this issue? What's the solution?

Also:
Am unable to use my iPod Nano with this HU. I get a "N/A USB" error message. According to the manual, this implies:
"Old version of iPod -Update the iPod version.
OR: iPod failure - Reset the iPod"

I know it isn't the latter, because the iPod is working fine by itself and when hooked up to my Lancer's Alpine CDE9881 HU. Not sure about the version - I have a first gen Nano.
I am using Pio CD-IU50 USB to iPod wire to connect the iPod. The USB connector wire came with the HU. There is no separate port to attach an iPod cable to the HU - it has to be connected the USB cable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by razor4077 : 10th September 2008 at 17:31.
Old 10th September 2008, 23:43   #8706
BHPian

^^^ bro you can try to press and hold down the src button on the remote to turn off the deck. I think that should work shouldnt it?

OT: how much did the Pio CD-IU50 USB to iPod wire cost you?

Ok now I have a question about compatibility of JBL CS2104 / JBL GT5 402 with JBL GT5 A604 amp. Recently when I got my friend's car kitted at GLIX,Kolkata the owner of the shop Vinay Daga adviced us not to get the front speakers (JBL CS2104 ) powered through the amp (JBL GT5 A604) by giving the reason that the 4" speakers wont be able to handle so much power from the amp. So the situation now is that he has a 4 channel amp but only the rear JBL GTO 937SE speakers are getting powered by the amp. Experts please advice whether it is okay to connect the front speakers to the amp aswell or not?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by sabret00the : 10th September 2008 at 23:48.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:07   #8707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
giving the reason that the 4" speakers wont be able to handle so much power from the amp. So the situation now is that he has a 4 channel amp but only the rear JBL GTO 937SE speakers are getting powered by the amp.
You can very much use the AMP to power them.make sure that the gain is set 30-40% compared to 937. I am using the AMP to power illusion 4 inchers.
Old 11th September 2008, 11:35   #8708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
^^^ bro you can try to press and hold down the src button on the remote to turn off the deck. I think that should work shouldnt it?
Read my post Bobby Have already tried doing that, but it hasn't worked. Hence my query. Anyone has any inputs on this issue and the iPod one?

Quote:
OT: how much did the Pio CD-IU50 USB to iPod wire cost you?
MRP is Rs.990, give or take. I got a package deal on the HU+cable, so can't tell you the exact break-up.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:04   #8709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
In fact if your HU has memories for the XO you can set one setting at 50Hz for when you play the system soft and the other at 63Hz for when you play the system loud. Another option is to play around with the slopes. I find 2nd and 3rd order slopes work best. 1st order gives too little attenuation and 4th order sounds phasey.
Navin, are you sure about these recommendation. I am asking because for most of the acclaimed brands like Focal and Dynaudio (6" Components) the frequence response range starts at 60 Hz.

Moreover for an active set up, the range for mid bass drivers start at 63 Hz in my HU (Eclipse CD7100).

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I did not got your beat separation thing. What do you mean with it ?
Loss of accuracy in bass notes. I listen longer bass note which sounds like aberration. If I lower the XO point to 63, the accuracy of the bass notes increase.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:41   #8710
BHPian

Help please

Hello gurus,

It seems like my post has been lost in the gamut of recent posts here. I would like to make another request to the gurus here to please help me out in clearing my confusion. My detailed request is up on the Palio ICE thread on the last two or three pages.

Hoping to get a response.

Thanks,
-Ganesh
Old 11th September 2008, 16:31   #8711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loss of accuracy in bass notes. I listen longer bass note which sounds like aberration. If I lower the XO point to 63, the accuracy of the bass notes increase.
Not of bass note I was taking of midrange which will be handled by the same driver.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:44   #8712
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have some more doubts. When we cross the front components at as low as 50 Hz, should we have overlap with the Sub?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'd cross over the sub/mid bass at ~ 120 Hz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have floorstanders at home,
Quote:
Navin, are you sure about these recommendation
smaller drivers especially midbass drivers (high Bl/Mms ratio) reproduce bass more accurately than large woofers but they cannot reproduce high SPL at low frequencies and are usually mounted in doors with limited rear volume.

So if you are playing a lower volumes it may make sense to XO the midbass as low as possible (even full range) and use the sub only for the last octave or bass reinforcement.

At the other extreme if you want to reproduce Disco levels in the car a higher XO freq and steeper slope makes most sense.

Many HUs allow you to save multiple XO settings so you can set up different settings for different applications.

In a car the sub is usually in the rear trunk and the midbass is firing at your knees. At home all 3 speakers are in front of you. The difference in distance from your ear to the midbass and the sub is small. Hence at home you can get away with a high XO or shallower slope (I used to used a 6db/60Hz PLLXO with my system - using stereo subs).
Old 12th September 2008, 02:34   #8713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hello Anupam,

What you are talking about is commonly referred to as motorboating.

Your amplifier is kaput and I would not advise you switch it on anymore. Send it in for repair immediately. I suspect your subwoofer is OK.
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the response...sorry..had to go off on a hurried trip to HK, US / UK etc...now back.
Can you suggest who to take my GTO 301.1 to?

Ni Navin,
thanks for your response..the amp now seem dried up..will connect this weekend and see if this still plays
reg
reg
Old 12th September 2008, 09:59   #8714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Can i use two 35A fuse parallel in place of one 75A blade fuse?I have used one 35A in line blade fuse in my current setup.I am upgrading my setup to 4Ch amp so i need to use 70A fuse.
Gurus i dint get any hints thats why posting it again
Old 12th September 2008, 11:21   #8715
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Gurus i dint get any hints thats why posting it again
yes you can but they have to be islated from other fuses.

remember if you upgrade the fuse to 75A the fuse holder must be able to carry the current too otherwise that may melt

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks