Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 16:40   #8146
BANNED

Hi All,

I have booked my SX4 ZXi and planning to upgrade the music system. My Budget is somewhere around 50k.

Basically I am looking for a good head unit, component speakers, sub-woofers/base tube.

Please suggest me a good combination's.

How is the quality of the in-dash system that is beig provided by Maruti.

Also is there a way to uninstall the in-dash system and replace it with a new unit with steering controls functional????

All suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance
Old 30th May 2008, 16:58   #8147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
According to respective specs of pioneer n alpine, sound shaping can be better controlled on an Pioneer than Alpine.

Apart from that is the overall SQ of Alpine superior to Pioneers.

People who switched over from Alpine to Pioneer or vice-versa- Any Comments....
I switched from a Pioneer P1Y to an Alpine 9853 and there was a world of a difference..

Finally there was some silence between the notes. The pioneer created a lot of hiss compared to the Alpine.
I don't know if this is the right way of putting it, but I felt that the Pioneer somehow had an electronic glare and felt bright whereasthe alpine reproduced a more natural tone.

I also like the sound reproduced by Blaupunkt HUs (The model I auditioned was the Hamburg i guess.) It had a very nice warm tone to it.
Old 30th May 2008, 17:09   #8148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Finally there was some silence between the notes. The pioneer created a lot of hiss compared to the Alpine.
I don't know if this is the right way of putting it, but I felt that the Pioneer somehow had an electronic glare and felt bright whereasthe alpine reproduced a more natural tone.
Though I have not shifted from Pio to alpine, but only heard alpine setups, this is what I feel too. I know speaker and other components (car itself, amps etc) make a lot of difference, but still we can distinguish some characters of HU. By hearing my Pio (some others too) and some alpines, I felt exactly the same. Shrivz - I also had a confusion to how to put it but you have done it beautifully . Don't know about pio high end line like PRS.
Old 31st May 2008, 23:42   #8149
Senior - BHPian

I was going through the JBL website , and for the GTO series, it mentions , say for the GTO507C
Quote:
True Four Ohm - GTO Series speakers can be safely driven by any head unit.
But in the spec, it says impedance is 2 Ohms.

Is this a typo or are there different ways of measuring impedance

Last edited by greenhorn : 31st May 2008 at 23:47.
Old 1st June 2008, 00:16   #8150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I was going through the JBL website , and for the GTO series, it mentions , say for the GTO507C
But in the spec, it says impedance is 2 Ohms.

Is this a typo or are there different ways of measuring impedance
Yes, there is some confusion. The box has a big tick mark saying 4ohms, but the Nameplate in the speaker says it's 2ohms . BUt i guess they are still 2ohms(or somewhere in between??). if you are driving from HU, 2 ohms are better than 4ohms IMO
Old 1st June 2008, 01:06   #8151
Senior - BHPian

I think the 4ohms sign on the box refers to the compatibility with HUs/amps that can handle 4 ohms.
The 2 ohms print inside refers to the technical value.
Old 1st June 2008, 06:47   #8152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
Hi All,

I have booked my SX4 ZXi and planning to upgrade the music system. My Budget is somewhere around 50k.

Basically I am looking for a good head unit, component speakers, sub-woofers/base tube.

Please suggest me a good combination's.

How is the quality of the in-dash system that is beig provided by Maruti.

Also is there a way to uninstall the in-dash system and replace it with a new unit with steering controls functional????

All suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance
Has anybody tired to replace the OEM HU and use the steering mounted controls with any other HU yet??
Can the in builtin HU be used with an amp and nice set of speakers and woofer, what will be the quality like compared to the other HUs available.

Rest in 50K you can get decent stuff plonked in, i'll let the Gurus answer that.
Old 1st June 2008, 08:55   #8153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The 2 ohms print inside refers to the technical value.
Technically the speakers are closer to 3 ohms than 2 ohms. I wont get into the pros and cons of speaker impedance here becuae it depends a lot on the amplifier's ablities as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Has anybody tired to replace the OEM HU and use the steering mounted controls with any other HU yet??
In many cases you will loose the steering wheel controls. However check if there are harnesses available for your car that will ensure that the steering wheel controls can be used by 3rd party HUs. I know there is one available for the Octavia (L&K's) for Alpines it depends a lot from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Damping front doors: 5K
Front components: 8K
Rear Coax: 5K
Amplifiers: 14K
DVC Subwoofer with dual 4 ohms coils and box: 8-12K
Wiring and Install: 6K

The reason I speced a dual 4 ohms sub is becuase there are some VFM amps available for about 7K form Pioneer, Kenwood, JBL, Blaupunkt etc. These amps are 4 ch amps and can be bridged to 2 channels. However the bridged channels are only comfortable at 4ohms. So one amp can be used for the sub (each bridged channel powering one coil of the sub).
Old 1st June 2008, 09:49   #8154
BHPian

@Wanna Race
Also check here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...dzire-vxi.html
Old 1st June 2008, 17:53   #8155
BHPian

Where can i buy a pair of DIN tools ? If thats not possible, how can i make my own ?
Old 1st June 2008, 19:46   #8156
BHPian

i have got a HU of JVC 810... wanna instal an amp, sub and speakers..which is the best combination for jvc??? guru s could u please help!
Old 1st June 2008, 23:18   #8157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Where can i buy a pair of DIN tools ? If thats not possible, how can i make my own ?
What are DIN tools? Are you referring to the HU extraction tools or something else?
Old 2nd June 2008, 00:31   #8158
BHPian

Yes.

(twenty twenty)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What are DIN tools? Are you referring to the HU extraction tools or something else?
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:34   #8159
Senior - BHPian

Which brand of HU? All HUs of a brand share the extraction tool shape and dimensions.

No point in making it yourself. Ask around with the dealers - they just might have left-overs from an installation.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:10   #8160
BHPian

Its a Pioneer 6950.

twenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Which brand of HU? All HUs of a brand share the extraction tool shape and dimensions.

No point in making it yourself. Ask around with the dealers - they just might have left-overs from an installation.

Most Viewed