Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 20:47   #7906
BHPian

Connecting cs 60.2 to drive sub in bridge mode.

Gurus,
I have brought jbl cs60.2 amp, how do i connect it in brdge mode to drive cs1204 sub.I have Pioneer 3050ub HU.It has 2 RCA out and Rear out can be configured as sub out.Confused a bit since i am getting no deference in output when i connect in bridge mode / single channel.
Old 14th April 2008, 21:12   #7907
Senior - BHPian

just learnt that there are no more Dieci components available. But gunbir's clearance sale prices are yummy

I still have a fixation about my 4" dash location. So was wondering, what if i buy a 6.5" coax and a 4" coax, and wire them up with a homebrew 1st or 2nd order crossover? Alternately, i can get just the 6.5" coax, snip the wires off its tweeter, and use a DT 16 with its own crossover. both will cost about the same as the comps. But I'm leaning towards the first option, since I can then put in an L-pad and tune it the way i want it.

Do you guys think i'm going overboard with the DIY?
more importantly, will it sound worse than the comps?

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th April 2008 at 21:20.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:53   #7908
BHPian

No actually 10 K is my budget for just 2 speakers. HU is seperate. Have already decided on Pioneer Hu since I have 7950UB on my other car and is running Great for more than a year now.

There is provision for speakers coaxials on rear doors. So I think since am not getting and amp so two speakers are enough. I am thinking about JBL for the timebeing.
Old 16th April 2008, 22:53   #7909
Senior - BHPian

gurus, is there any specific method how to write a mp3 disc for good quality songs. i have observed that same songs play good on one of my older cd than it sounds on the cd which i have written right now.
also i find a difference in the quality of songs that are played from USB and that on CD
Old 16th April 2008, 23:17   #7910
BHPian

If it's the same bitrate, theoretically there should be no difference. If there is any difference at all I would anticipate usb to be better. If you have problem with skipping etc. try burning at a lower speed. Generally speaking CDs and DVDs burn better at lower speeds.
Old 17th April 2008, 09:44   #7911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
gurus, is there any specific method how to write a mp3 disc for good quality songs. i have observed that same songs play good on one of my older cd than it sounds on the cd which i have written right now.
also i find a difference in the quality of songs that are played from USB and that on CD

Yaa i too have noticed this thing. The songs played from USB are not that good compared to the same songs of same bit rate from a CD (copied from same location).
I dont know whats the reason behind it.

Last edited by hrsraghav : 17th April 2008 at 09:54.
Old 17th April 2008, 09:58   #7912
BHPian

ICE Gurus....help required.

The ICE in my car is complete Blaupunkt now.

Recently, the HU was changed from Sony to Hamburg 57.

After the change, a peculiar issue cropped up.

Whilst accelerating from stop onwards - with A/C ON & the muzik files being read from the USB - there is a corresponding whillstling sound from the muzik system....

It parallels my acceleration rate.

However, if i swicth off the AC and reach 40-50kmph in 3rd gear and then swicth the ac on - no whistle then.!!!

What could be the concern area for this issue plssss.

& how can i recitify it - if anyone hear has come across something similar.

Thanx in advance
Old 17th April 2008, 11:31   #7913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
The ICE in my car is complete Blaupunkt now.

Recently, the HU was changed from Sony to Hamburg 57.

After the change, a peculiar issue cropped up.

Whilst accelerating from stop onwards - with A/C ON & the muzik files being read from the USB - there is a corresponding whillstling sound from the muzik system....

It parallels my acceleration rate.

However, if i swicth off the AC and reach 40-50kmph in 3rd gear and then swicth the ac on - no whistle then.!!!

What could be the concern area for this issue plssss.

& how can i recitify it - if anyone hear has come across something similar.

Thanx in advance

you are suffering from alternator whine. please search Alternator Whine on the forum and you will get all the answers of your problem.
Old 17th April 2008, 11:40   #7914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Yaa i too have noticed this thing. The songs played from USB are not that good compared to the same songs of same bit rate from a CD (copied from same location).
Could you specify in what manner there is less quality
1) digital artifacts ( ie does it sound like lower bitrate)
2) skipping
3) resampling issues ( try the same song after resampling to 48 khz with a good external resampler in the PC )
4) decoding issues - if the HU supports, try playing a decompressed wav of the same song from the USB
Old 17th April 2008, 14:44   #7915

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
No actually 10 K is my budget for just 2 speakers. HU is seperate. Have already decided on Pioneer Hu since I have 7950UB on my other car and is running Great for more than a year now.

There is provision for speakers coaxials on rear doors. So I think since am not getting and amp so two speakers are enough. I am thinking about JBL for the timebeing.
Hi , JBL are good speakers and should get the 300 W at around 3 to 3.5k. Also if your budget is 10k consider putting component jbl in your front as well for around 3k and maybe a 2 channel amp connected to your rear speakers. You should be able to hear good music then. Cheers !
Old 17th April 2008, 22:18   #7916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Could you specify in what manner there is less quality
1) digital artifacts ( ie does it sound like lower bitrate)
2) skipping
3) resampling issues ( try the same song after resampling to 48 khz with a good external resampler in the PC )
4) decoding issues - if the HU supports, try playing a decompressed wav of the same song from the USB
I would say the overall quality goes down, I can't say about bitrate, but it sounds like the track is not picking all the frequencies of music.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:48   #7917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would say the overall quality goes down, I can't say about bitrate, but it sounds like the track is not picking all the frequencies of music.
i have the same song written on a disc and the same song copied to USB. yes i too observe the same thing. some frequencies, i think mostly the higher ones are lost as i feel lack in trebble and frequencies heard from tweeters.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:59   #7918
BHPian

Quote:
i have the same song written on a disc and the same song copied to USB. yes i too observe the same thing. some frequencies, i think mostly the higher ones are lost as i feel lack in trebble and frequencies heard from tweeters.
Pioneers normally have different memories for equalizers for different sources. Have you checked equalizer settings for CD and USB?.
There is also SLA (source level adjustment) check that also.
Old 17th April 2008, 23:05   #7919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The songs played from USB are not that good compared to the same songs of same bit rate from a CD (copied from same location).
As veb pointed out, theoretically this is impossible. Allow me to explain.

MP3 is not audio, it is data that can be decoded into audio. The only difference between the data on your USB and on your CD is the medium. The USB stick has solid state memory chips, while the CD has on on a vinyl layer that needs to be read by a laser diode.
If at all, the CD will have jitter and will be slower to read than the USB.

Theoretically the same MP3 data should sound the same, whether on CD or on the USB pendrive. If it sounds different, I would be surprised.
Old 17th April 2008, 23:24   #7920
Senior - BHPian

@ SAM Sir,
Believe me sir, i too think usb should sound clear. but cd produces sounds in all frequencies while usb omits the higher frequencies , the tweeters sound empty

Most Viewed