Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 13:06   #7891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
So why is it mentioned? Do these refer to subwoofer?
For folks that would run speakers in parallel on the output.

Quote:
Would you say the Kenwood 8401 is 'good enough' vis-a-vis Blaupunt GTA4, for the speakers that I have mentioned? Both these are within my budget.
They're both nearly the same. Buy whatever you get cheaper.

Quote:
A dealer told me that Kenwood 8401 is good if you wish to drive JBL speakers. However, for GZ/Illusion components, it is advisable to go for Blaupunt GTA4. I dont know why he said that. Can you please clarify and advise?
Even I don't know why he said that.

Quote:
Also, is it true that using 2 channels of the amp to power rear coaxials will 'overpower' them? And cause them to sound more than front compos?
I am quite sure there must be cross over/frequency/fader settings to tackle this problem?
Whether they are overpowered or not depends on the speaker. You cant overpower the 69Ts with the two amps you mention.

The rear will play louder than the fronts with the same gain on the amp since the rears have higher sensitivity. This can be sorted by lowering the gain on the rear channels.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:23   #7892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What is the model number of this HU?
Navin ji, the model number is Alpine CDA-W560EG. So, do I have any el cheappo options?? Thanks in advance..
Old 12th April 2008, 00:27   #7893
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Navin ji, the model number is Alpine CDA-W560EG. So, do I have any el cheappo options?? Thanks in advance..
Ok thi sis the same model used on the NHC-Vtec. I am sorry there are no easy options. It does not have RC inputs in the rear. one juggad could be using a cassette adpater and feeding the signal via the tape head.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:39   #7894
Senior - BHPian

Navin ji, is there any not so easy option? Don't want to go the juggad way. Will the HK drive + play thingy work? How much would an Alpine HU with Ipod/USB support cost? Thanks.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:53   #7895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin ji, is there any not so easy option? Don't want to go the juggad way. Will the HK drive + play thingy work? How much would an Alpine HU with Ipod/USB support cost? Thanks.
You could check out the 9881 (@razor's HU). No USB iirc, but iPod ready. Should be <10K now.
Old 12th April 2008, 01:19   #7896
Senior - BHPian

But Alpine CDA-W560EG is already ipod ready. you just have to buy a special cable for it from alpine.
Old 12th April 2008, 20:18   #7897
BHPian

Hi,

My cousin wants to install component speakers in his yet to be delivered swift dezire.

I wanted to know how much would the JBl Gto 607 comps cost? im looking for the cheapest components with or without bill.

Thanks
Old 12th April 2008, 20:56   #7898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
I wanted to know how much would the JBl Gto 607 comps cost?
4700 with B/W last time i checked
Old 12th April 2008, 23:26   #7899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Will the HK drive + play thingy work? How much would an Alpine HU with Ipod/USB support cost? Thanks.
The Drive + Play needs an aux input. Does the 560 have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
But Alpine CDA-W560EG is already ipod ready. you just have to buy a special cable for it from alpine.
called someone at Alpine. They claim the KCA 420 cable will allow the 560 to accept an ipod. The cable is about 7K I think.

I refered him to page 26 of the product catalog which states that the KCA420 is not compatible with the 560EG. Now he is confused.
http://www.alpine.com.au/promotions/...0Catalogue.pdf

Also in their press release for the 420i Alpine states that "the KCA-420i is compatible with any 2004 Alpine Ai-NET head unit, including the following models: CDA-9830, CDA-9831, CDA-9833, CDA-9835, CDA-9827, CDA-9825, CDA-9826, CDA-9820XM, CVA-1004, IVA-D901, and IVA-D300"

post 379 below...
Pics of real car installations here! - Page 26 - iPod - iPhone - iTunes Forums at iLounge

confused? so am I.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:57   #7900
BHPian

ICE in my i10, Which Speakers to go for?

I am planning to get some ICE in my new i10. But wanna go with very basic stuff for the time being. Am planning to go for Pioneer Mp3 unit and some speakers. That sit. So Please guys tell me which speakers are good. I mean the best. In budget of around 10K. I heart GTO are good.I am gonna get stuff installed in provision provided in car itself. Please give a quick response I am gonna get stuff installed by tommorow.

And ya I have to get some sunfilms also. Which one to go for. I mean the genuine thing. I am sick of garware **** intallers sell.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 14th April 2008 at 11:59.
Old 14th April 2008, 12:05   #7901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I am planning to get some ICE in my new i10. But wanna go with very basic stuff for the time being. Am planning to go for Pioneer Mp3 unit and some speakers. That sit. So Please guys tell me which speakers are good. I mean the best. In budget of around 10K. I heart GTO are good.I am gonna get stuff installed in provision provided in car itself. Please give a quick response I am gonna get stuff installed by tommorow.

And ya I have to get some sunfilms also. Which one to go for. I mean the genuine thing. I am sick of garware **** intallers sell.
Do you have any friends who have good ICE. I would advise you to listen to a few speakers before deciding. Brands you an short list include JBL, Blaupunkt, Illusion, Hertz, Infinity, etc...Sony and Pioneer speakers are not considered the best.
Old 14th April 2008, 14:19   #7902
BHPian

Basic or Mid-Fo Set up ?

Hi !

With 10 K the 'best' you will get is Pioneer.

Buy 6" Coax for the front door & put 6X9 on the rear parcel tray [after replacing it].
Buy all gear from Pioneer. Just be careful that you do not get 'duplicate' !!

This is great VFM ICE for your I-10 !!

Last edited by BHAGWAN : 14th April 2008 at 14:23. Reason: insufficient info
Old 14th April 2008, 15:10   #7903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
With 10 K the 'best' you will get is Pioneer.
Buy 6" Coax for the front door & put 6X9 on the rear parcel
JBL's GT5 series, Blau GT series will also fit the speaker budget. Yes for the HU Pioneer might be the best bet (but see if you can listen to JVC and maybe a Rs. 5K Kenwood HU if Kenwood has one).
Old 14th April 2008, 15:42   #7904
BHPian

Sony is an option too !!

Sir,

At those price points each is as good as the other;

JVC / SONY / Pioneer / Kenwood etc.

Buy what ever 'looks' good to you !!
They will all 'sound' almost the same.
They are built with same price points in mind and are targeted to the same kind of persons. Hence, either or any is as good as the other.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:49   #7905
BHPian

Quote:
I would not recommend the Drive and play. One of the Team bhp members was facing quite some problems with it. Is quite buggy ( at least the first version was...maybe HK has managed to iron out the bugs with the new version ).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks