Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 19:09   #7861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
greenhorn dump the oval speakers for the rear. a good pair of components can completely swallow an average sounding pair of ovals. unless you intend it for rear seat occupants?
yup. thats precisely it. It's for my friends who are in the boom-chik-chik-boom crowd. crowdpleasers for the masses , and fine Italian orators for me
besides, i'll get to shut up the " hertz?, you got some no name brand? , why , you could have gotten jbl's !!!!" friends of mine and save money at the same time. Hats of to DerAlte - the man is sheer genius .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Huh? 32K for ESK? No way!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/352184-post10.html this is the post from where i got the info. Its a custom set for which the price has been quoted , but i guess that the actual price cant be far off :(

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th April 2008 at 19:11.
Old 9th April 2008, 19:30   #7862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
thanks for the advice DerAlte and tsk1979.

what i was comparing was a 2 way 6 inch comp(ESK 165) ( with woofer on the Door , and tweeter at the base of the A pillar ) vs a 3 way comp(ESK 163) with the mid in the dash, and the other components at the same location. I guess its not that bad after all.

the 937's at the rear. Hmm, That is a good idea! Why didn't I think of that . I might be able to afford the pio 4050 after all

PS: any idea how much the ESK's cost ?
13-15k for 3 way compos. Heard new ESK range are on their way.
Old 9th April 2008, 19:38   #7863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/352184-post10.html this is the post from where i got the info. Its a custom set for which the price has been quoted , but i guess that the actual price cant be far off :(
Aah! "Hertz ESK163.3W30 (custom set)", not your run-of-the-mill components. The normal ESK 2-way should be much less than half that.
Why did you want 3-way?
Old 9th April 2008, 19:46   #7864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aah! "Hertz ESK163.3W30 (custom set)", not your run-of-the-mill components. The normal ESK 2-way should be much less than half that.
Why did you want 3-way?
Yes, why 3way?

Quote:
Oops! Thats a really old post and that was a typo. I had meant HSK not ESK. There is no ESK165.3W30 custom set. Sorry about that.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:28   #7865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why did you want 3-way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Yes, why 3way?
Well, i had the stock 4" dash location, and was wondering if i could put it to any use when the idea of putting in a mid occurred to me. I'd asked that a few posts ago

thanks for the more digestible price JK. You've given me hope

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th April 2008 at 20:34.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:38   #7866
BANNED

even in two channel amp you will get vibrations for sure
I have a two channel amp in my scorpio and at the rear the speakers are fitted to enclosed boxs , the sound effect is very nice with out any disturbence .
Old 9th April 2008, 20:47   #7867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Thank u Magma for your advice. I still have a few doubts.

1) Getz Prime has speaker provision on all 4 doors only. Is it ok to install the speakers only on the doors or do I have to install them in the rear parcel shelf - does it give better performance etc?

2) What kind of JBL speakers would you recommend in my budget (Rs. 9000 that you have specified)? If there is a specific model number, pls advise. Also pls let me know the type of speaker - is it component or co-axial, size of the speaker etc.

3) I found a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP-57 at crutchfield.com for US$199. Is it a good deal?

4) Also pls advise if it is safer to buy HU's & speakers with B&W or without B&W. Would HU's be cheaper in Singapore? My friend says he bought a HU from Singapore 10 years ago & it is still going strong.

5) I presume it would be better to buy speakers here. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

regards

Krishnan
Oval 6*9 coaxial speakers produce more bass than 6inch round co axial speakers
Only thing is that they have to be mounted on the rear parcel shelf since its really difficult to fit them on the stock 6inch rear door provision.
HOwever if you are satisfied with the bass produced by 6inch round speakers then you can fit them on the rear door provison itself
Please audition and decide.

for 9000rs
FRONT
Front Components
JBL GTO607

REAR
rears parcel shelf
6*9 ovals JBL937
or
in the rear door
6inch round coaxials from a brand called Ground Zero(for which you have to contact a fellow bhpian "BAss and trouble"
p.S : the only reason i have suggested this brand is because INMO these speakers would produce more bass than other brand 6inch rounds in the same price point

Blaupunkt is also a good brand.
if you like buy

HU's can be purchased in grey ( especially when you are on a budget)
no problem

Speakers i generally buy in BIll and warranty

At a small to medium budget its not worth importing anything from america INMHO

Ali
Old 9th April 2008, 20:53   #7868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
I have a two channel amp in my scorpio and at the rear the speakers are fitted to enclosed boxs , the sound effect is very nice with out any disturbence .
enclosed boxes!!!
i think i should try this.

@gurus,
how would the ICE sound with the rear co-axials in enclosed boxes:
1. With Amp.
2. Without Amp.

How would be the difference if they are kept in a ported boxes instead of enclosures?

What difference it would make if single enclosure is used instead of separate for each one.

Also I forgot to add earlier that my car is Indica. The rear speakers are mounted on the parcel tray. The speakers with the parcel tray act like a big enclosure. There is a considerable change in the bass when the boot is loaded.

BTW, what shape can the enclosure be made???
Are they supposed to be in cuboid shape only or any other shape(trapezoid, eliptoid,...) would do.
Is it the dimensions which matter or the volume or both??

phew!!! too many doubts. (didnt i say that the ICE bug stung me)

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 9th April 2008 at 20:56.
Old 9th April 2008, 21:27   #7869
BHPian

ICE help!!!

hi guys, i've been searching for a good installer in hyd for ICE setup in Spark and the prices i've been quoted are:

Pio HU 5050 - 6400/- (DeCar Zone, minister Road) and
7800/- (XENEX, jubilee hills)

JBL GTO937 co-axials - 2800/- (DeCar Zone) and
3800/- (XENEX)

JBL GTO607 comp - 4250/- (Decar Zone) and
5800/- (XENEX)

why is that price diffeence. does it mean the cheaper shop is going to give me faked ones? and how to differentiate between original and fake.

the HU is without b&w.

guys familiar with hyd, can you please suggest me any good ICE installers.

gurujis, please help

Mods: delete this if you don't feel it isn't appropriate to create a new thred
Old 9th April 2008, 22:11   #7870
BHPian

Well This is a slightly abnormal topic.
I got my limited ICE(HU and front component) from a dealer here in gurgaon.
My Car is FIAT Adventure, which is pre-wired for 6 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 speakers in front in doors, and 2 speakers in the boot area). So no big wiring was required as I was not installing any amplifier.
The front door stock locations are for 5", but i asked the delaer to put 6". And from here my agony begined, I thought they must be using the spacer ring, because thats the only way to do it. But to my horror what the guy did was, he just paced the speaker on location, pierced two holes in the metal sheet and put the screws through them.
Also the tweeters are to be placed in the ORVM adjusting knobs. It could have been fitted inside it with some common sense and time, but he did some jugaad, peeled off the extra plastic around tweeter and put it there, and while puting back the ORVM knob setup he also broke one clip which use to hold it with door. And to keep that knob on place he pierced aother hole through that panel into the door and put a screw.
And lastly, as i told car is having all connections at speaker locations, but the connector was different from the connectors at speaker wires, so i think idealy he should have put some type of A type to B type connector in between, but he just peeled off the car wirings and wrapped the speaker wires around them.
Well this place is authorised Blaupunkt dealer, and if you see the Blaupunkt india website , its all exclusive Blaupunkt store. After that I also wrote a mail to Blaupunkt, but i got a reply stating that thats a very good dealer and professional too, and since my complaint was about installation so they can't do anything for that. They are just concerned abiut their product performance.
Anyway i was fumed when i saw all this setup, and didnt have any faith on any installer.
I tried to look for some spacer rings in gurgaon but couldn't find one. So i got a 10mm thick hardboard sheet, took measurements of the speaker holes and holes in door.
Then cut circular rings accordingly and made my customised spacer ring. Well as i was cautious, that i didn't harm my car anymore, so it took one whole day for this simple task, but i really felt satisfied when speakers were fitted perfectly without puting any extra hole in my door or speaker.
Now my question is is the hardboard thing suitable for it? or it can harm my speakers or deterirate the SQ.
How thick is a spacer ring? As i have to put a plastic cover of door after puting the speakers, so anything thicker than 10mm will touch that cover.
Also if I go for standardised spacer rings, would any extra holes will be required in the doors?
And most important thing, I don't want to go to that place again, so please someone reccomend me some place near gurgaon where i can get some clean and professional setup for the rear part of my car.
Thanks
Old 10th April 2008, 01:19   #7871
BHPian

Driven, F7, East of Kailash, New Delhi seems to be your best bet, or for most of the guys in NCR region.
Old 10th April 2008, 10:14   #7872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I normally play the HU volume with the LOUDNESS setting LOW at 18...I would like to have the medium setting at volume 18 without distortions.
Sorry, I had meant the VOLUME setting (controls the "loudness" of music in general), not the LOUDNESS setting (controls the "loudness" of low freq specifically). So what "volume" do you play at normally?
Quote:
May be i didnt explain it properly. I didnt like the air to be hitting me, especially with the sub with enclosure. In the below mentioned system i could feel the air between my hair vibrating!!! ... Both the basstube and enclosure type didnt give the sound which i was expecting. May be the free air type would do. ... I want the bass similar to our TV system. I dont know it would be possible because of the size of the car cabin is lot different than a living room.
If you put it that way, you don't need a sub!!! What you need is a good pair of ovals that play low enough (80 Hz maybe). With an amp driving the coax, you will be able to HPF the ovals and get the crucial (for you) 80-160Hz region loud enough as you get with your TV.

No, "the free air sub" is going to make matters worse for you; it will move air in the cabin directly - more than the sub in the boot. As @bhagwan had put it, you'll feel nauseous with it!
Quote:
its written on the label of the speaker. Why did you ask so specifically? does it sound strange???
Yes, since most speakers meant for ICE are 4 ohms impedance; some are 2 or 3 ohms
Quote:
PS 1: I think my weird posts are going to confuse the ...
No, not at all. On the contrary, such situations demand more analysis, and finding solutions give a lot of satisfaction under such conditions.

Last edited by DerAlte : 10th April 2008 at 10:20.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:04   #7873
BHPian

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-16032008448.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-speaker1.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-speaker-2.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-speaker-3.jpg

Some pics of my spacer. Took one whole saturday for just making and installing these two so called spacers.

Mods and Gunbir: Please spare me for my misadventure. Waise Gunbir boss, for a newbie of ICE what do you think, how do you rate these spacers?
Old 10th April 2008, 11:11   #7874
Senior - BHPian

Hmm very good for the first try. It will work just fine.

You can do one thing. I will not effect the sound output but will look good aesthetically. The nut bolts used, reverse them take the head outside and the nut inside. Make a counter in the spacer to accommodate the nut and take smaller bolts.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:32   #7875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm very good for the first try. It will work just fine.

You can do one thing. I will not effect the sound output but will look good aesthetically. The nut bolts used, reverse them take the head outside and the nut inside. Make a counter in the spacer to accommodate the nut and take smaller bolts.
LBM sir,

Thanks for your appreciation. Honestly i was geting bore at home, and thought of doing this.
Materials used were a Hardboard sheet of 10mm, and usual household tools, like a saw, screw drivers, and some nut bolts, nothing bought from market, all were some left over stuff at home. I first cut a Hexagon(or maybe octagon or more) with innner circumference of the 6" circel, and then smoothen out the edges with a reti(dont know wats it called in english). For inner circle, used a screw driver as chisel, and hammered it repeatedly.

And for nuts, as the material used was harboard, that too only 10mm thick, so it was not possible to put a nut in the spacer itself, atleaset not with set of tools available with me. I just cut off the extra bolt with a saw after screwing it with nuts.
Reminded me of my school days misadventures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks