Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:35   #7276
BHPian

Thanks a lot raghu,
i dunno wht does pre out mean man...
and would it be good if i retain my head unit. but two comp for the front and co axials for the back?
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:42   #7277
BHPian

hey can anyone of you suggest where i can pick up good speakers out here in bangalore. for many places i have heard that duplicate speakers too are sold. i wanna be sure that what i pick up is genuine
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:44   #7278
BHPian

thanks a lot raghu,,,,
hey how do i find out whether my HU has pre out... this dumb manual has not mentioned anything like that...
and should i go for two comp and co coaxial.... comps in front and co axials in the rear.. if so which coaxials would u suggest... for a price of like 4 k.
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:46   #7279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkhan View Post
HI guys,
I need your advise here. I am pretty dumb when it comes to car audio. please help me out. I have an accent , and the company guy gave me a nippon cd player as a compliment, it promises 50x4 RMS and i think the speakers are nippon itself i can't see them,. i seriously want to change it. but to begin with i wanna start with the speakers and then maybe at a later stage change the headset too, please suggest wht kind of speakers i should go for and , my budget for the speakers is 6 k.
should i get the head unit too changed? if so wht decent played would i get for 6-7k.?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html

pl go thru the above thread by navin.
and don't worry. we all are pretty dumb in something or the other!!
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:51   #7280
BHPian

And dont forget to look at the What Ice & @ What Price thread. You'll find many people with Installs that suit your requirement. You can also look at other threads in the Sound off and Show Off section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...hat-price.html

Hope it helps.

Quote:
HI guys,
I need your advise here. I am pretty dumb when it comes to car audio. please help me out. I have an accent , and the company guy gave me a nippon cd player as a compliment, it promises 50x4 RMS and i think the speakers are nippon itself i can't see them,. i seriously want to change it. but to begin with i wanna start with the speakers and then maybe at a later stage change the headset too, please suggest wht kind of speakers i should go for and , my budget for the speakers is 6 k.
should i get the head unit too changed? if so wht decent played would i get for 6-7k.?
Old 27th November 2007, 21:38   #7281
BHPian

Hi to all
im 28 yrs old and manage a comapny called Zenith which manufactures hardware
well i've come straight here after the introduction page.(after reading as much as i could over the last two weeks)

Can someone please help me regaurding
1. the correct place to install the tweeters(from a component sytem) - ive read somewhere that navinji advises to keep tweeters closer to the woofers. so if the woofers are goin to be installed in the front door panels would it be advisable to mount the tweeters in the door panels too? or should they be on the dash or the A pillar.

which arrangement would give me a neat ,clean and basic install?

(consider GTO 507 and the car is a getz/swift)

2. where could i install the only 4 channel amp i have? would the boot be best or is it OK if it is installed under the driver/passenger seat. (details and advice would be greatly appreciated)-passenger seat would save me boot space but i do not want to install the amp there if its gonna harm it. please advice

3.Lastly can you help me finding a knowledgeble and most importantly neat installer in mumbai.(i live in south mumbai)

regaurds
Ali
Old 28th November 2007, 01:38   #7282
BHPian

hey folks,

any input on the performance of kicker amps - i am planning to buy zx-750.1 and zx-350.4.

Also should i go for JBL 75.4 instead of kicker ? Also, please let me know the prices of these amps? its for my santro

thanks
askids
Old 28th November 2007, 10:31   #7283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i should go for and , my budget for the speakers is 6 k. should i get the head unit too changed? if so wht decent played would i get for 6-7k.?
For 6K you could upgrrade your front speakers to components. If you sit in the fornt this will make the most difference.

Alternately if you prefer the sound from the back you could get a pair of good 6x9s in the rear parcel tray.

the 6x9 will produce more bass but the front components will make for better imaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
1. mount the tweeters in the door panels too? or should they be on the dash or the A pillar.which arrangement would give me a neat ,clean and basic install?

2. where could i install the only 4 channel amp i have? would the boot be best
door panels are preferable but in either case the install can look clean if the installer knows what he/she is doing.

boot is preferable as when the amp is under the seat it is liable to get kicked and knocked by feet. besides most amps dont take up that much space.
Old 28th November 2007, 11:14   #7284
BHPian

Quote:
Hi to all
im 28 yrs old and manage a comapny called Zenith which manufactures hardware well i've come straight here after the introduction page.(after reading as much as i could over the last two weeks)

Can someone please help me regaurding
1. the correct place to install the tweeters(from a component sytem) - ive read somewhere that navinji advises to keep tweeters closer to the woofers. so if the woofers are goin to be installed in the front door panels would it be advisable to mount the tweeters in the door panels too? or should they be on the dash or the A pillar.

which arrangement would give me a neat ,clean and basic install?

(consider GTO 507 and the car is a getz/swift)

2. where could i install the only 4 channel amp i have? would the boot be best or is it OK if it is installed under the driver/passenger seat. (details and advice would be greatly appreciated)-passenger seat would save me boot space but i do not want to install the amp there if its gonna harm it. please advice

3.Lastly can you help me finding a knowledgeble and most importantly neat installer in mumbai.(i live in south mumbai)

regaurds
Ali

1. tweeters are best placed and listened to before deciding their place of installations. depends on what you choose. some tweeters have a flat linear response, which is good off-axis too, this allows more flexibility in installation. in others you might experience a vast difference by simply changing the direction and place of installation. in a 3-way system, it's better to have the mid and tweeter close to each other. in a 2-way, it wouldn't matter much. but again, some brands have high crossover point, and some have a low crossover point. so best is place n decide.

2. there's a thread on good installers in mumbai, search that, you'll find some good names. of what i remember is FM drive, Boom...
Old 28th November 2007, 11:20   #7285
BHPian

thank you navinji.
Also needed to ask.
when amp is loaded inside the boot , where exactly should it be loaded.(ive read vibrations , airflow etc etc affect the amp.and i have seen amps installed(screwed) onto the back of the rear seat which i was unsure about) what would be a good place considering i have a tiny boot and would require some place for luggage too.
Amp loaded into the boot needs to be screwed onto the chasis body ? How?

Lastly could someone please advice me a good installer in mumbai
Old 29th November 2007, 01:39   #7286
BHPian

I have a FIAT Adventure. I am looking for an SQ setup. Here is what I have currently:

HU: Alpine 9830
Front: Infinity Reference 5010 components
Rear: Infinity Reference 4012i coaxial
Wiring/RCA: Monster and Inchiban
Amp: Audison SRX4 driving the fronts, Ch B is free!
Sub: That is the question --

I have an unhooked JBL GTO mono as well, but do not want to add another amp in the setup right now (and also because there isnt much of a difference between the two -- both are AB and ~200w, and my guess is that Audisons will be underrated on power.)

The intention is to bridge the unused B channel of Audison (about 190w RMS at 4ohms) for a sub with the sole aim of tight clean bass. Considering I am spoiled by a twin 8" push-pull isobaric setup at home that goes really low and very precise, which driver should I go for? I tried GT5-12 and that was so boomy that I thought it was a boom box. I tried a 12" BR option as well, and also a 10" Blau Velocity. All failed miserably. All I heard were extensions, nothing precise.

I am OK with smaller subs if they help achieve the undetectable bass in the setup. Adventure is an estate and has lots of room. Is that a spec that I should consider? My initial ideas were around the Kappa Perfect 10.1 SVC but I cant find one in the market. Moral suggested that I listen to a GZ sub, I am trying to get a demo. Is there an IDQ 8" or 10" around Pune? How would that be?

My only requirement is that I want to use the bridged channel of the SRX4, no extra amps/ upgrades. Can I get the SQ setup that I want? Please advise. (PS: My current setup runs very good SQ)

Last edited by determinus : 29th November 2007 at 01:41.
Old 29th November 2007, 02:02   #7287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
All failed miserably. All I heard were extensions, nothing precise.
Well, such is the state of things.

Quote:
My initial ideas were around the Kappa Perfect 10.1 SVC but I cant find one in the market. Moral suggested that I listen to a GZ sub, I am trying to get a demo. Is there an IDQ 8" or 10" around Pune? How would that be?
The Kappa Perfect 10.1 will work well for you. Having compared both, the iDQ is the better sub, but if the Kappa is way cheaper, its a great alternative to the iDQ.

Also, for the Adventure, I would recommend a 12" over a 10".
Old 29th November 2007, 14:58   #7288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thank you navinji.
Also needed to ask.
when amp is loaded inside the boot
to the back fo the rear seat.

Quote:

Amp: Audison SRX4 driving the fronts, Ch B is free!
Sub: That is the question --...tight clean bass. Considering I am spoiled by a twin 8" push-pull isobaric ... My initial ideas were around the Kappa Perfect 10.1 SVC but I cant find one in the market. Moral suggested that I listen to a GZ sub, I am trying to get a demo. Is there an IDQ 8" or 10" around Pune?..
I'd get the 12" from ID. It needs a small box and keeps things tight.

Last edited by navin : 29th November 2007 at 14:59.
Old 29th November 2007, 16:23   #7289
BHPian

@Gunbir & Navin, thanks for the suggestions. IDs are dual voice coils, while Kappa Perfect is svc. Would that make any difference in the setup? Even if the sub component is dvc or svc, I should be using the bridged channels, not the separate ones. Is that right?
Old 29th November 2007, 19:08   #7290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Gunbir & Navin, thanks for the suggestions. IDs are dual voice coils, while Kappa Perfect is svc. Would that make any difference in the setup? Even if the sub component is dvc or svc, I should be using the bridged channels, not the separate ones. Is that right?
You are limited to 4ohm SVC subs, and D2 (dual 2ohm) DVC subs. In either case the net load on the amp will be 4ohms, enabling you to run it off your bridged channels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks