Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 12:18   #7111
Senior - BHPian

Hi Krato, good question, I had the same doubt when I installed amp. A suggestion from one of the best installers in the city: You need only a 4 channel amp + a good sub + and a set of component speakers on the front doors. It gives a good musical experience to one's heart's content. With this suggestion the guy quoted me a 50k estimation with JL, Kicker, Alpine combination of things. So, if you want to try this set up, you can PM me, I will give you the contact numbers. You can bring it down to your budget when you opt for lower priced brands but with good quality. When I think about this suggestion now, I feel its meaningful than the usual routine installation of 2 speakers on the front dash, 2 on the rear with box or MDF plank, then an amp, then a sub, all of it steal away 80% of the free space in the car. Think about it.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:41   #7112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
coax .
@Navin:
coax means coaxial speakers.
For more details I will list down the model numbers also
1. 4 channel amp, - JBL 60.4
2. component speakers for the front doors - JBL GTO 607 6.5"
3. co-axial speakers for rear doors - JBL CS 2 way
4. and a sub-woofer - JBL 1000 watts

@Shajufx: I visited this shop in Koramangala and he gave me the above configuration (also including Pioneer 5950 model) costing Rs. 27000. This cost includes the wiring, installation etc.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:48   #7113
BHPian

hi,

i need to know, what alpine head unit does the octavia rider have as stock. i need the model no. how many pre outs?

its really usgent

cheers
clip
Old 28th September 2007, 15:26   #7114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krato View Post
@Navin:coax means coaxial speakers.
Navin said coax as the answer to your query of "Should HU power up the comps or co-ax..."

He is not the type who points out a typo, especially considering he is a self confessed typo freak :-)
Old 28th September 2007, 16:18   #7115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Navin:
coax means coaxial speakers.
For more details I will list down the model numbers also
4. and a sub-woofer - JBL 1000 watts .
let the 60.4 drive the 607 and the sub, let the HU drive the speakers in the rear doors.
Old 28th September 2007, 16:19   #7116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

i need to know, what alpine head unit does the octavia rider have as stock. i need the model no. how many pre outs?
which year? is this the rider 1.8 Tpi? if so the model is a 9830 I think. it has 3 pairs of pre outs.
Old 28th September 2007, 18:05   #7117
BHPian

Hey gurus, what do u think about this configuration for my indica ?

Front Doors : JBL GTO507 comps
Rear Tray : GTO937
HU no yet finalized but my budget is 5-7K.

Questions :
1. Do i need an amplifier for component speakers ? If not, which will sound better when powered off the HU comps or coax speakers ?

2. Do i need an HU with time-alignment for component speakers ?

3. How good (or bad ) are the Blau TH series components ?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th September 2007, 19:03   #7118
Senior - BHPian

Good improvement in research !

Quote:
Thx and Thc speakers are costly as compared to Gtx and GTc series. I can think on Thx and Thc series speakers....
Part of your good research and shortlisting. I am sure you searched well.

Quote:
Hello ShajuFX,
How about this configuration ? I found it quite convincing and falling within my budget. The main thing is all the items will be authorised and with bill and warranty. Its a Blaupunkt package. Please advise.
Blaupunkt:
London MP37 - Rs. 8950
GTx 693 (3-Way, 6 x 9" Oval) - Rs. 3450
GTc 662 (2-way component, 165mm) - Rs. 2450
GTb 1200 (12 inch Box woofer) - Rs. 6500
GTw 1200 (12 inch open subwoofer) - Rs. 3750
GTA 4 Special MKII ( 4 channel) - Rs. 6350
1600 - RCA Kit and 800 as the installation charges
Infactuation with Blaupunkt

Quote:
Krato
4. and a sub-woofer - JBL 1000 watts
@Shajufx: I visited this shop in Koramangala and he gave me the above configuration (also including Pioneer 5950 model) costing Rs. 27000. This cost includes the wiring, installation etc
Coming back to JBL choice. So you are done with Pio, Blau and any other brands that were in your mind earlier. Hope you didnt have a drink with Sambhai any of these days !! He is busy showing off his Ralph Lauren chaddis from Europe with a hole custom made

Your present selection is similar to mine. I have the same amp and similar speakers except compos. My next upgrade is moving to good compos on the front door, avoiding the rears and front dash. Waiting to hear your installation details with pictures.

Last edited by shajufx : 28th September 2007 at 19:06.
Old 28th September 2007, 21:01   #7119
BHPian

Hi,
I have a SX4 ZXI and the stock system is not at all upto the mark.
I am looking to upgrade this system keeping the HU stock.Budget is around 20K plan is to have front compos..rear 6/6.5" co-ax (fitted in factory location) OR 6x9s in a custom tray(not keen on this route)
would also buy a 4channel amp.How does the plan sound .Will search out good fr/rear/amp models ..plenty on info on the forum for that. However my constraints are:-
stock HU
no alterations in interiors (that means among other things...tweeters would go in place of stock tweeters )
Old 30th September 2007, 06:43   #7120

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. do you know a good installer where you live? ask him to check each component (all 4 speakers and the HU) of your existing system and determine where the fault lies. From the symptoms you mention it might only be some loose wire.

2. Once you get all 4 speakers working determine if you are ahppy with the sound of your exisitng speakers. There are better speakers than Pioneer out there.

3. Now that you are satisfied with the sound of the 4 speakers you can add a sub. The sony amp (552) and JBL sub will do a good job given their price.
Thanks for the advice navin, and I had another doubt. Is it mandatory to have oval speakers installed if i plan to add a sub? Or are the round speakers i have good enough for it? And i do not know any good accesories shop here... been going in and out of many asking prices but do not know whether they are good or not... Please recommend a few good accesories shop here. And yes, I'm a newbie if it's not yet clear Never been the one to modify a car...
Old 30th September 2007, 09:25   #7121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Hi,
I have a SX4 ZXI and the stock system is not at all upto the mark.
I am looking to upgrade this system keeping the HU stock.Budget is around 20K plan is to have front compos..rear 6/6.5" co-ax (fitted in factory location) OR 6x9s in a custom tray(not keen on this route)
would also buy a 4channel amp.How does the plan sound .Will search out good fr/rear/amp models ..plenty on info on the forum for that. However my constraints are:-
stock HU
no alterations in interiors (that means among other things...tweeters would go in place of stock tweeters )
Guys one more addition on this..I have a sony monoblock amp with me(from previous car) so the 4channel amp would be driving the fr+rear speakers.
Will fit the monoblock few months down the line when i can line up a sub+enclosure.
For now i need to know is the plan outlined in the above posts feasible?
Old 1st October 2007, 10:10   #7122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,
I have a SX4 ZXI
would also buy a 4channel amp.
Quote:
I have a sony monoblock amp with me(from previous car) so the 4channel amp would be driving the fr+rear speakers.
20K for 4 speakers and a 4ch. amp.
Speakers: Blau Thc/Thx, JBL GTO, Hertz Dieci, Illusion Lucent
Amps: Pio 6300, JBL 60.4 / 4060, Blau 480.
Dont forget to get good RCA wires.

BTW does the stock HU have 3 RCA outs? if not you will have to consider speaker level to line level adapters and some way to control the level of the Sub (many sub amps come with a level control that can be wired to the dash).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecfrek View Post
Is it mandatory to have oval speakers installed if i plan to add a sub? Or are the round speakers i have good enough for it? ...
Actually if you have a sub 6" round speakers are just as good as 6x9s. 6x9 do ahd a nice midbass thump that is liked by some.
Old 1st October 2007, 13:51   #7123
BHPian

Hey Sam dada
My friend is buying Getz 1.1 GLE ands wants a Audio system which is durable and will not give any problem in long run which will you suggest??
Thanks in advance
Old 1st October 2007, 14:07   #7124
Senior - BHPian

Sam dada would suggest that you avoid Sony, since you mention durable. And he would also suggest that you get a good pair of 6.5" comps for the front (he really likes two-way from the front) and 6.5" 3-way for the rear (oh yeah, you guessed it, Sam says nothing can beat a good 3-way from behind). His description could have been graphic, so I'm trying to keep it simple and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunghatge View Post
Hey Sam dada
My friend is buying Getz 1.1 GLE ands wants a Audio system which is durable and will not give any problem in long run which will you suggest??
Thanks in advance
Old 1st October 2007, 15:27   #7125
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam dada thanks you, B&T. And Varun, yes that is more or less what I'd say Let me know if you need more help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks