Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 16:27   #7021
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I shoudn't be advising you a sans B&W JBL but yes, there was someone in this section who got those recently
Yeah, I think DeeJay got them in his Spark but then again someone raised a doubt whether JBL are there in the grey market or not. So kinda confused.

Where do we get the answer from ?
Old 19th September 2007, 16:33   #7022
BHPian

i have a cd changer of pioneer and lately it is getting skip in all the c.d's, is there any nice way to clean the lens or normal lens cleaner c.d is proper
Old 19th September 2007, 17:03   #7023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yeah, I think DeeJay got them in his Spark but then again someone raised a doubt whether JBL are there in the grey market or not. So kinda confused.

Where do we get the answer from ?
Now the official JBL guru Sam only can help you
Old 19th September 2007, 17:17   #7024
Senior - BHPian

JBL does exist in grey market. However, you'd be better off with a JBL coax with B&W. Comps powered off the HU will NOT give you a decent voice (my opinion - atleast i didnt like it).

Last edited by panky12345 : 19th September 2007 at 17:24.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:57   #7025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
JBL does exist in grey market. However, you'd be better off with a JBL coax with B&W. Comps powered off the HU will NOT give you a decent voice (my opinion - atleast i didnt like it).
Worse than coaxials ?
Old 19th September 2007, 19:49   #7026
BHPian

Kindly Advice

I have a pair of Berjis "Calypso Series" Component Speakers. I already have the Oval Pioneer Speakers installed as of now. What I would like to now is would it be worth it removing the Oval Pioneer's to make space for the Components. Also please advice the amplifier that I need to fit in the vehicle. I don't listen to High Decibel music, so don't need a very powerful Amp.
Awaiting suggestions. Would be glad if any 1 replies to redcap.maverick@gmail.com

Sorry forgot to mention that all this is for a Zen (1 model prior to the Estilo)

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th September 2007, 09:28   #7027
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a word of caution Maverick, it's never a good idea to post and publish your email address on the internet.

It gets picked up by search engines and you get many emails everyday offering fail-safe ways to make your penis larger. If you must post your email address you can try do it like this

spam.me.everyday(at)gmail.com -

this way it wont get picked up by search engines from around the globe.

Cheers

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th September 2007 at 09:30.
Old 20th September 2007, 11:16   #7028
BHPian

Thanks

Dear Sam,
Thanks for your advice on the spam mail thing.. Will remember it for sure.. However would be glad if you could advice me on my post... Need some advice urgently!!!
Old 20th September 2007, 15:47   #7029
Distinguished - BHPian

I did not comment as I have no idea what Berjis is, to tell you the truth. I did not want to appear ignorant.
Old 20th September 2007, 15:49   #7030
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I did not comment as I have no idea what Berjis is, to tell you the truth. I did not want to appear ignorant.
Custom made by Burge Cooper (of Audio Vision) ? :-)
Old 20th September 2007, 16:06   #7031
BHPian

Help!

Sorry for using the old brand name. These guys are known as Audible Dynamics now. The earlier brand name was Berjis.
Ok lets forget brand names. Consider that I have a pair of 6" Component speaker lying in my house. I need to fit them in a vehicle that already has a pair of Pioneer (Oval) Speakers. In fact I wanted a pair for the front, so that ppl who sit in the back seat can do so without noise (as perceived by them sometime).
Q1) Will it be possible for me to fit these (Component Speakers) in the front doors of a Zen (1 model prior to the Estilo)?
Q2) Would it be better if I just dump these speakers & fit-in a 4" normal speakers?
Q3) If I take an amplifier, which one? Would a 2-channel be better or 4-channel?
Q4) (Last 1 I for now at least) Where do I get the best deal from? Any special offer on JBL Speakers/Amplifier?
Old 21st September 2007, 15:05   #7032

Little help

I need advice on ICE system for my car (Palio Stile 1.6) , the accessory shop I enquired in offered me following prices (all of them without B&W)

HU :Pioneer 7950 - 9000/-
Speakers rear JBL 937 - 3100/-
Front components JBL 607 -5100/-

Are prices above fair enough?(without B&W)

I was given to understand that this kind of setup would require an amp .Which amp should I go for for the above setup(with an option to hookup subwoofer on later date)?

My total budget is around 20-22k

This is a great thread ,a treasure trove of knowledge.
Old 21st September 2007, 16:25   #7033
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Consider that I have a pair of 6" Component speaker lying in my house.
Q1) Will it be possible for me to fit these (Component Speakers) in the front doors of a Zen (1 model prior to the Estilo)?
Q2) Would it be better if I just dump these speakers & fit-in a 4" normal speakers?
Q3) If I take an amplifier, which one? Would a 2-channel be better or 4-channel?
Q4) (Last 1 I for now at least) Where do I get the best deal from? Any special offer on JBL Speakers/Amplifier?
I was able to fit a pair of 5" components in a 1995 zen so maybe with spacers you should be ok.

I'd get a 4 ch. amp as it is flexible. for now you can bridge it and use it as a 2 ch. amp.
Old 21st September 2007, 16:44   #7034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_bhopali View Post
I need advice on ICE system for my car (Palio Stile 1.6) , the accessory shop I enquired in offered me following prices (all of them without B&W)

HU :Pioneer 7950 - 9000/-
Speakers rear JBL 937 - 3100/-
Front components JBL 607 -5100/-

Are prices above fair enough?(without B&W)

I was given to understand that this kind of setup would require an amp .Which amp should I go for for the above setup(with an option to hookup subwoofer on later date)?

My total budget is around 20-22k

This is a great thread ,a treasure trove of knowledge.
Welcome to team-bhp !

you have already used up 17K of your 22K budget. It would be good to have an amplifier to do proper justification to your components and coaxials. Following amps can be chosen depending on your budget

JBL 60.4: 6.5K
JBL 75.4: 13K ( This is an awesome amplifier)

And, do spend money on some good wiring like Audison, Monster or Scoche ( cheapest at 2.5K). I know this goes beyond your budget but, then thats what the folks here in ICE section are famous for and rest assured you wont be disappointed with your installation.
Old 21st September 2007, 17:50   #7035

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Welcome to team-bhp !

you have already used up 17K of your 22K budget. It would be good to have an amplifier to do proper justification to your components and coaxials. Following amps can be chosen depending on your budget

JBL 60.4: 6.5K
JBL 75.4: 13K ( This is an awesome amplifier)

And, do spend money on some good wiring like Audison, Monster or Scoche ( cheapest at 2.5K). I know this goes beyond your budget but, then thats what the folks here in ICE section are famous for and rest assured you wont be disappointed with your installation.
Thank you mobike ,

I believe its going to be JBL 60.4 then , I'll go little over the budget here but one can always borrow money from friends and cut back on six-packs consumed(atleast this I'm inclined to think is a pipe dream) .

Back to the topic : The car(stile 1.6) ,user manual says , already has wiring in place for 6 speakers ,forgive my ignorance but does this mean that I can save money on the wiring (Audison, Monster,Scoche) that you mentioned ?

Also what is the best place to install tweeters(those baby speakers) ?Punch couple of holes for them midway on A-pillar plastic interior as suggested by the dealer? OR use the stock locations provided (under the ORVM adjustment knobs)?

I'm sure that the sight of that installer punching holes in the spanking new car interior is going to give me lots of heebie jeebies so I'm hoping that fitting those speakers in stock locations won't drastically reduce the sound quality.

Thank you again for taking time to reply to my queries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks