Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2005, 10:12   #646
Team-BHP Support

Yes the 9830 and 9833 have aux inputs.
Old 26th August 2005, 10:36   #647
BHPian

I know that the 9830 and 9833 have aux inputs for creative/ipod but what I believe is we need another component which is called KCA-420I [size=2]Interface Adapter for iPod® which is not in the case of a Kewood or a Sony, please advise and correct if I am wrong.[/size]
Old 26th August 2005, 10:42   #648
Team-BHP Support

there are 3 ways to connect your pod to a CD based HU.

1. through a dedicated control cable like the KCA 420i (Alpine)
2. through the aux in but using a standard line out of the ipod
3. though an FM Modulator

1. you get to see ID3 tages and control the ipod from the HU
2. you get all the fidelity of 1 but no controls and you HU only displays a track number
3. you loose some fidelity as compared to 1 or 2 and your HU only displays the track number
Old 26th August 2005, 10:44   #649
Team-BHP Support

dudes I got 48GB (almost my whole CD collection) of music on my ipod waitig to be heard in the car :-( just waiting for a KCA 420i. Why dont I do it another way? Becuase i'd rather wait and do it once and do it well.
Old 26th August 2005, 10:46   #650
Team-BHP Support

BTW can the ipod handle Mumbai's roads, heat and dust if i hide it in the glove comaprtment? I dont drive reguarly so taking it in and out of teh GC would be a pain. I'd rather just install it once and for all. maybe the truck next to my amps will be a better idea? However the cables that come with the KCA 420i are rather short and cannot be extended.

Last edited by navin : 26th August 2005 at 10:47.
Old 26th August 2005, 10:57   #651
Team-BHP Support

from http://www.macintouch.com/ipod26.html
I hope that the dealers advised Brian and Colin not to leave their iPods in the glove compartment. Because car interior temperatures can reach 150 degrees and higher when a car is left sitting in the sun for extended periods, the iPod can all too easily become a casualty. If the iPod does overheat let it cool down before turning it on. Of course, that may not be an option if it was left plugged into the adapter and then starts up with the car....
An addition to Marc Sievers (7/16/2004) caution about leaving the iPod in a glove box: My iPod stopped working after I left it on the dash during a road trip last Spring. It would not come on even after cooling. The cure: I opened the iPod case and unplugged the battery. After waiting a few seconds I reconnected the battery and voilá, the iPod was healed.
Old 26th August 2005, 11:07   #652
Senior - BHPian

Hi Navin, thanks for letting me know that Alpine 9830 has aux input. Now my question is that KCA-420I component needed only to allow you to disp ID 3 tags and control music from the Alpine. Meaning that if I dont want to buy KCA-420I with Alpine, will I still be able to integrate my ipod to the alpine using the normal aux ports? like Sony and Kenwood, or the only way to integrate an ipod with alpine is through fm modulator or KCA-420I
Old 26th August 2005, 11:11   #653
Team-BHP Support

like i said there are 3 ways. post 648. all 3 ways work for any HU as long as the HU manufacturer allows you do 1 and your deck as an aux in to do 2. obviously cassette HU can use a cassette adapter as well.

Last edited by navin : 26th August 2005 at 11:27.
Old 26th August 2005, 12:19   #654

Hi Guys,

I have a new Palio. Yesterday i did give my stereo Sony Xplode a little boost and there the front door speakers sounded like blowing air through torn cloth.

My main query is if I want to change the speakers in the front door, which ones should I go for since these dealer guy says that the window glass touches the speaker base of other make speakers when the window is rolled down.

Please help guys.

Thanks

Amit
Old 26th August 2005, 12:29   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkavi
Hi Guys,

I have a new Palio. Yesterday i did give my stereo Sony Xplode a little boost and there the front door speakers sounded like blowing air through torn cloth.

My main query is if I want to change the speakers in the front door, which ones should I go for since these dealer guy says that the window glass touches the speaker base of other make speakers when the window is rolled down.

Please help guys.

Thanks

Amit
You can go for any speaker of your choice. Just remember not to roll your windows down and drive with AC on all the time. If for some reason you have to ask directions and feel like opening your windows, DONT! just open the door and ask.
Old 26th August 2005, 12:52   #656
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sam could you please tell me the best person to contact at 'THE SOUND FACTOR' who is an authorised dealer for JBL in Pune.

Thanks
Old 26th August 2005, 13:17   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thats a new one lol. I've never tried blowing air through a torn cloth, but I'll bet Navin has. Just for kicks.

Quote:
OK Amit,

If the glass touches the BACK fo your speaker, this will not cause the speaker to sound bad. Doesnt sound likely. Mostly, it's either a not good anough speaker, or a bad installation.\

The Palio accomodates a 5.25" speaker in the front and does so quite comfortably. Last I remember the palio isn't anorexic on inner compartment space, so basically your dealer is talking through his cloakroom.

Any 5.25" standard 2/3 way speaker will fit well. Are you using an amplifier? Do you play your music fairly loud?
Which model Sony Head Unit do you use? Does it have HPF filters? Do you know what HPF filters are? Am I asking too many questions? Will you let me know?

Will you take care of yourself?
Is my Name Sam?
Old 26th August 2005, 13:20   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Hi Sam could you please tell me the best person to contact at 'THE SOUND FACTOR' who is an authorised dealer for JBL in Pune.

Thanks
Contact Marzban Irani. 9823373332. Tell him you're my friend.
Old 26th August 2005, 13:30   #659
BHPian

Kenwood model (HU) suggestions needed

Hi,

Can anybody suggest good kenwood model CD player for my new Petra. I am a normal listner with no extras in mind :-) My budget is 6k ~ 8.5k

- Need to play mp3
- Need to play cr-r / Cd-rw discs
- anti skip/anti skid should be there
- should have FM radio.
- 1-2 years warranty is desirable

Also suggest me good speakrs (both for front and rear) for the above combination. total budget should wind up max 15-16k

thx in advance
Old 26th August 2005, 13:42   #660
Team-BHP Support

I would listen to JBL and Alpine. I think the are about the same price. but these numbers are hard to keep track of. Sam and his kin in th audio world change models and prices too fast for the few brain cells i got left.

Last edited by navin : 26th August 2005 at 13:50.

Most Viewed