Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 12:34   #6196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I meant, as far as "signatures" of various materials are concerned (not the overall effect)

the effect would be quite less as the length of the connector would be quite less when compared to the length of the wire...but a firm contact is required so that the flow of electrons is not restricted.....
Old 15th June 2007, 12:56   #6197
Senior - BHPian

Guys, thanks for the information, but I know that connectors are taken seriously in any decent equipment. Most of them have Nickel plating on copper body to prevent oxidation, high end ones are Gold plated. No doubts about that.
Old 15th June 2007, 15:52   #6198
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gurus.

I was playing with the gains(first time) for rear channel & it was fun(didnt play much :P)

I saw gains for the channels which are now in bridged mode for the Sub.
Now my question is, what would be the impact of increasing the gains on the sub? Will it make it louder\thumpier or go deeper than it does now ?
Old 15th June 2007, 16:06   #6199
Team-BHP Support

gain is something like increasing the amplitude. It will get louder/thumpier but you shouldnt go beyond a limit.

My way of setting the gain is reduce the gain on the sub then increase the volume on the HU to the maximum you want to use. say the HU goes till 50 and you decide you wont go beyond 30. set it to 30 and then gradually increase the gain till it's loud but not distorting.

after that make sure you dont cross that limit on the HU. I found this the best way but gurus might have better ways.
Old 15th June 2007, 16:37   #6200
Distinguished - BHPian

I've said this before. A gain control is almost like a volume control, a secondary volume control on your amplifier (The rpimary volume control being on the HU)
Increase or decrease will not change the response curve or the frequency (Will it go deeper, no.)
Let us say, for example, your volume is set at, say -25dB. Your speakers are playing and so is your sub. By raising the gain of the sub, you will simply make the subwoofer play louder at that particular volume level.
Of course as the volume increases, the chances of you approaching distortion/clip/protection level come closer and closer.
I hope that was simple enough.
Old 15th June 2007, 16:44   #6201
BHPian

Hi Guys, finally getting my Swift JBL-fyd tomorrow - Pio 6850, JBL 607c, JBL 637 and JBL CS 60.4.

Some urgent help required on wiring - my dealer has quoted me the following:-
- One pair of Phoenix Gold RCA cables for INR 1200/-
- Kicker wires for the rest, two qualities - INR 75/foot and INR 45/foot.

Are the quoted prices OK? How can make out whether the wires are genuine or not?

Tia
Old 15th June 2007, 16:59   #6202
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vid & Sam

I had similar thoughts but wanted to confirm :-)

Vid I used the same method for setting gains for speakers but wasnt too sure about it for the Sub.
Old 15th June 2007, 17:03   #6203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Hi Guys, finally getting my Swift JBL-fyd tomorrow - Pio 6850, JBL 607c, JBL 637 and JBL CS 60.4.

Some urgent help required on wiring - my dealer has quoted me the following:-
- One pair of Phoenix Gold RCA cables for INR 1200/-
- Kicker wires for the rest, two qualities - INR 75/foot and INR 45/foot.

Are the quoted prices OK? How can make out whether the wires are genuine or not?

Tia
Hello Wim,

Everytime you use that word, you have to send JKDas a beer, for coining it lol.
I don't know about Phoenix gold RCA. I didn't know they were sold in Cal for 1200/-. I am afraid I cannot comment on the cables. Do they look genuine to you? Can we see a few photos?
The kicker speaker cable seems ok, what is the Gauge of the speaker cables in question?
Old 15th June 2007, 18:28   #6204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hello Wim,

Everytime you use that word, you have to send JKDas a beer, for coining it lol.
I don't know about Phoenix gold RCA. I didn't know they were sold in Cal for 1200/-. I am afraid I cannot comment on the cables. Do they look genuine to you? Can we see a few photos?
The kicker speaker cable seems ok, what is the Gauge of the speaker cables in question?
Thanks Sam... do the JBL compos and co-ax's come with wires in the boxes?

Unfortunately, can't manage to get pics before the install. Guess, I'll have to go with my Gut feel regarding the genuine/fake thingy.... dunno about the guage he's talking about either.

Ballpark, how much wiring in meters is required for a Swift?
Old 15th June 2007, 20:11   #6205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sam, Kicker 16 gauge speaker cable retails for Rs. 100/ per meter, which is like 30 Rs. per foot, for the black translucent jacketed, tinned copper cable. I havent seen a different variant, but I dont see the need for any higher, even if there is one. I think the prices are a bit higher than they should be.

Edit: Has anyone noticed that the Kicker cables say "Silver Tinned"????
Old 15th June 2007, 20:19   #6206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Thanks Sam... do the JBL compos and co-ax's come with wires in the boxes?

Ballpark, how much wiring in meters is required for a Swift?
Yes they do.
For a swift, you will need about 13-14 metres of speaker cable, 2 X 2RCA cables of 4-5 mts each, Power cable 5 mts, earth cable 0.5mts and remote turn on cable 4-5 mts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Sam, Kicker 16 gauge speaker cable retails for Rs. 100/ per meter, which is like 30 Rs. per foot, for the black translucent jacketed, tinned copper cable. I havent seen a different variant, but I dont see the need for any higher, even if there is one. I think the prices are a bit higher than they should be.
There you go, B&T has warned you.

While we're on the topic, B&T, I came across an install with some pretty decent cable called Ichibahn. I was told that it came from your company.
Could you share some info with us ?
Old 15th June 2007, 20:26   #6207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While we're on the topic, B&T, I came across an install with some pretty decent cable called Ichibahn. I was told that it came from your company.
Could you share some info with us ?
Yeah, we keep amp wiring kits, RCAs and other small accessories like fuses/ fuseholders from Ichibahn. Its good stuff for the price, no frills like gold plating etc., everything is nickel plated.

You probably saw the 8 gauge kit which has all the works for wiring an amp in addition to a 17' shielded/ twisted stereo RCA and 40 feet of 16 gauge speaker wire thrown in for Rs. 2490/-.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:39   #6208
BHPian

hey....wanted some advice on my ice setup.....
i own a swift...
have a pioneer 5650 HU
2way jbl 120 w in the front door provision
3 way pioneer 360w on the tray...
i'm planning to install another pair of speakers in the rear door
Is doin such thing good?
....which ones do u suggest....
i'm planning to go for a component system. my budget is a max 3k.....
Old 16th June 2007, 14:58   #6209
Distinguished - BHPian

@Shrayv, the cheapest component system from JBL ( 507) is 5.5K and for swift i think you need the JBL607 which is 6.5K and you can fit the component system in the rear door but, suggest you move the existing front door set-up to rear doors and install the new components in the front.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:18   #6210
BHPian

thnks mobike008...
is there any other brand available for a cheaper price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks