Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:12   #571
Senior - BHPian

Sam any second hand sub/tube or amp you know someone who is selling... running out of budget!!! Any refurbished peace from the JBL dealers?
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:19   #572
Team-BHP Support

aseem viper was selling some stuff see the Marketplace forum
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:51   #573
BHPian

Great deals on Ebay-Alpine AMP at 2000 rs. only

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Hi PRANIL, are you forgetting we are still living in India? Trust me the Bazee guys would make you go round and round till you get bugged up enough to let It all go.
Spend a few extra bucks and buy something solid, Instead of wasting Rs 2000 now , better spend a bit more and have FUN. And Forget about getting Refund from EBAY in case ur planning to Regret later !
Dear Z,

I have got great deals on ebay and sold also ( over 40 now) in my office I am the officail purchaser if any cable or mobile parts are rqeuired same goes for computer components. U see as I saty in Navi Mumbai( Approx 30 Km from Mumbai) the cost of aquring the component on EBAy is much less( comparing if u drive down and shop around).

ONly in the above case the deal looks fishi but then again if it can be proven that these are not alpine the guy can be easily taken of the site. I have done it more than once.

And yes Ebay refund works. Used it twice in last 2 years. Do remember to keep all your trasaction proofs
Old 23rd August 2005, 22:11   #574
BHPian

Guys can you please explain me the component speakers funda? I am getting Pioneer P5750MP with Blaupunkt's GTx 693 50W RMS for Rs 3250. For front the dealer suggests me to go in for Some Pioneer One's 4" for Rs 650 with warranty. But I am also considering Blaupunkt's 4" 25W RMS costing Rs 1500 with advice from SAM to get the same brand Fronts and Rears as they more sense theoretically and I am believe practically too. But Considering my HU and Rear Speakers What is the technology behind component speakers? The components from Blaupunkt GTC 172 Cost around Rs 3000 with 40W RMS. Also as I am not going in for an AMP, someone mentioned to get the sub out someway configued for the Rear Speakers ! Can you please how to tell the dealer to do it? Also are there any other things to consider while getting the system installed? Say Wires - Upgrade Options for 2moro? Please let me know as This is my first car audio experience enriched with inputs from your kewl TEAM BHP. Thanks a lott.
Old 23rd August 2005, 23:52   #575
Senior - BHPian

Alpine HUs

Hey Aseeeeeeem..... dude, thanks a lot for your timely referal. I called the JBL showroom manager at B'lore and he provided the Alpine HU prices and they are SSOOOOO much cheaper in B'lore, than in Chennai, and this is way tooooo ing....

Well, for everyone's benefit, here are 2 higher end Alpine HU prices:

Alpine cda 9830 - 15k [with bill & warranty]
Alpine cda 9833 - 19k [with bill & warranty]

Chennai prices:

Alpine cda 9830 - 23,980/- [with bill & warranty]
Alpine cda 9833 - 28,900/- [with bill & warranty]

Now i'm sure everyone reading this bit would be shocked

I can't stop smiling enough for the b'lore prices, thanks to you Aseeem. I might have a friend of mine get it for me this week, else, better, I might juz come down for a couple of hours and get it myself this weekend.... maybe...

Navin, i remember you mention in some post somewhere that you have a Alpine 9833 on ur RS, i hope i'm not wrong.... could you briefly tell me how the HU performs... I'm going for the JBL GTO 506Ce components for the front [the Indica cannot accomodate 606Ce ] and JBL GTO 936e ovals for the rear, and i'm not going to be installing a sub now.... I'm telling you this as I would definitely add a sub in the near future and I hope the HU can accomodate the sub-controlling features & stuff...

Kindly do post ownership experience.... Also, IF you have heard the 9830, could you list what the major difference between the 9830 and 9833 would be.....

Sam, should you know about these 2 Alpine HUs, kindly advice... Btw, the JBL showroom manager Naren was very helpful when i mentioned I know you and also Aseem...

Thanks Aseem, Navin & Sam....

Cheers
AK
Old 24th August 2005, 10:31   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Sam any second hand sub/tube or amp you know someone who is selling... running out of budget!!! Any refurbished peace from the JBL dealers?
Second hand = No peace
Old 24th August 2005, 10:40   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay

Sam, should you know about these 2 Alpine HUs, kindly advice... Btw, the JBL showroom manager Naren was very helpful when i mentioned I know you and also Aseem...

Thanks Aseem, Navin & Sam....

Cheers
AK
Dear Ajay,

I am a great fan of all Alpine Head Units, big & small. They all sound terrific, for the record.
Naren is a nice chap. lol he would be very helpful if you told him you are my friend.
You see, I am his boss.

& there goes all my supposed humility down the gutter. (There she goes.... there she goes again....)
You're welcome my friend and if there's any more assistance you require, just ask.
Old 24th August 2005, 11:00   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Before anyone asks me, my current avatar is a photo of my heroes, Biggs & Eldridge of Team JBL USA.

The amplifier they are holding is a JBL-Crown A600GTi. Since JBL owns crown, they asked them to create the world's most powerful amplifier. This one deliver 8110W rms, and no it wont run off your regular battery.
Incidentally the amplifier costs about 5 lacs.
Old 24th August 2005, 11:03   #579
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
aseem viper was selling some stuff see the Marketplace forum

Hey Navin,

Thanks for the referall. However my audio stuff is all sold a month ago. Still have some performance stuff left over however.

Viper
Old 24th August 2005, 12:03   #580
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sam. I'm going down to B'lore this sunday to meet Naren & buy the Alpine 9833... Your name helps...
Old 24th August 2005, 14:32   #581
Team-BHP Support

[quote=k_ajay]
Alpine cda 9830 - 15k [with bill & warranty]
Alpine cda 9833 - 19k [with bill & warranty]
Navin, i remember you mention in some post somewhere that you have a Alpine 9833 on ur RS...Kindly do post ownership experience.... Also, IF you have heard the 9830, could you list what the major difference between the 9830 and 9833 would be.....[quote]
My RS came with a 9830. I replaced it with the 9833 and used the 9830 for my wife's Sail.

The primary difference is the 9833s to control multiple Alpine amplifers and some EQ controls. I cant remember why I chose to move up from the 9830 now though.

Both work fine but neither is as smooth as my 1987 Alpine 7385. That may well be the smootheest deck ever made this side of the Nak TD700II.

However if you compare an Alpine with a Pio or Sony or JVC you can FEEL the difference. I dont know who to explain this in words but when you have played with audio for 30 years (when I built my 1st kit amplifier) you get a feel for things.
Old 24th August 2005, 15:06   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

I completely agree.

Replace any HU with an alpine and the honey trickles in. The bass is tighter, the vocals alive and the treble sweet.

Given a choice I'd knock of every head unit in the world and leave just 2 standing.
Alpine and Eclipse by Fujitsu Ten,

Of course this is just my opinion.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 24th August 2005 at 15:09.
Old 24th August 2005, 15:06   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

In addition to my post, I'd like to point out that this is purely a matter of taste, opinion and budget.
I know a few people that prefer the sound of a Sony to an Alpine.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 24th August 2005 at 15:08.
Old 24th August 2005, 16:28   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
and no it wont run off your regular battery.
Incidentally the amplifier costs about 5 lacs.
Yeah it wouldn't run off your battery but will definately run you out of money Just Kidding dude. I have a big query coming in for you..thinking of the best way that it can be put up...will post shortly..

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th August 2005 at 16:39.
Old 24th August 2005, 16:38   #585
Team-BHP Support

Sure it is like coffee.

Most Viewed