Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 16:25   #5731
Distinguished - BHPian

Great, now i have zeroed it down to GTA275 ( 2 channel) OR CS60.2 ( 2 channel). Now, to add more zing, which of the both is better?

Please suggest keeping in mind which amp of the above 2 amps would drive the 1204BR better in the event i change my decision in the last minute to go for a 1204BR instead of a 12inch tube?

Also, what could be the price of 1204BR?
Old 17th April 2007, 16:54   #5732
Senior - BHPian

The 1204BR is about 9K if I'm not mistaken.

Between the 2, I'd take the CS60.2. (I'd trust JBL's figures over Blau's figures). But I guess this is something the gurus could also comment on.
Old 17th April 2007, 17:41   #5733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The 1204BR is about 9K if I'm not mistaken.

Between the 2, I'd take the CS60.2. (I'd trust JBL's figures over Blau's figures). But I guess this is something the gurus could also comment on.

Thanks a bunch for clearing up the fog. I am planning to do a demo of these stuff ( amps: 60.2 & GTA275, Sub: JBL tube and ported) on sunday and will finally decide which one to purchase.
Old 17th April 2007, 17:54   #5734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I dont think his question is exactly as you have interpreted it. The guy selling him the player is saying that the unit with the sub pre-out will sound better than the unit without the pre-out, without asking him to use it. In any case, a pre-out is not the direct sub drive section.
B&T, he said without amps, so I assumed that he was talking about the direct drive. But if the dealer is saying that speaker out will sound better if the unit has a pre-out, then that chap is really creative. It is like saying, Delhi has better climate because it has Qutab Minar.
Old 17th April 2007, 18:00   #5735
BHPian

Worth?

Quote:
The JBL CS60.2 is about 6K.
Is a 6 month old 2 month used CS 60.4 with only a screw broken worth 5k?
Old 17th April 2007, 18:05   #5736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
If i were you, I'd take it
Old 17th April 2007, 18:58   #5737
Senior - BHPian

im using a jbl 12" bass tube with the blaunpunkt GTA 275 and it sounds great...
Old 17th April 2007, 19:03   #5738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
If it works well, I'd say, go for it.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:07   #5739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get a JBL 75.4 (4-ch amp, 13K)
Hey is this the authorised B&W price? If it is then not bad considering its performance and peace of mind (backup)
Old 17th April 2007, 19:15   #5740
Distinguished - BHPian

@souljah, at 13K, he must have got a B&W for sure.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:26   #5741
Senior - BHPian

Wasnt too sure about the price, just checking. I dont think the amps been purchased yet, so maybe he can use the TBhp discount when he decides
Old 18th April 2007, 09:29   #5742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof View Post
1) I couldn't locate the sticky you mentioned
2) I don't need heavy bass (and hence no sub, I guess..?)
3) I want some product officially available in India.
4) Can I fit these speakers in the front doors? Is it better than in the provided space in Dash of Wagon R?
5) "MDF rear deck?" Are these speaker boxes?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html

2. 3. No bass is fine. the list of products officually available in India (today) will make your head spin.

4. Front doors will require some modifications (cutting etc..) but will allow larger speakers and hence better balanced sound. the sound coming from a pair of 4" in the dash cannot match the sound of a pair of 6" in the doorrs. Your choice.

5. MDF rear deck is just a plank of Medium Density Fiberboard that is stiffer and can better support speakers than the thin flexible plank that currently exists. What you loose is the ability of the hatch to tilt-lift the rear deck.
Again: Your choice.
Old 18th April 2007, 12:38   #5743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
im using a jbl 12" bass tube with the blaunpunkt GTA 275 and it sounds great...
Thanks for the confirmation revtech, can you indicate pricing for both these items?
Old 18th April 2007, 16:45   #5744

Dear Naveen,

Gone thru the provided thread. Thanx! So much of Info!!!!

Options mentioned at 15K seems Good, with an option to add an amp and sub later.
On the other hand, the option of 20K (9K on HU and 10K on front components and rear coax speakers) also looks very interesting.

There is a guy who said that the rear speakers could be fixed in the back door by cutting and adjusting the speakers. Is it okay to do it? Safety problems? and also dumping issues?

That may help in avoiding the fixed MDF board for the speakers, coz, my wife may throw me out alongwith the MDF if she cannot find space to place her grosseries in.

And about the options available in India: I wish to go for the system with pakka bill, and warranty so as to avoid all possible troubles. I tried websites of a number of brands: Alpine, Pio, Kenwood, etc., couldn't get the Indian support info in them at Lucknow (politically very big, otherwise a small place) or other places.

Kindly advise.

regards
Old 18th April 2007, 23:36   #5745
Senior - BHPian

@Prof,
In the Wagon R, the hatch-door is a very convenient place for installing the rear speakers. I presume that is what you meant by the rear door. A very little bit of cutting (of the metal behind the plastic door-pad) is required if 6x9s (ovals) are installed. They are usually mounted on an MDF board. The plastic panel on the hatch door is removed, and the MDF board is fixed in place of the plastic board.

Installing speakers there keeps them out of the way of everything. The rears seats can be dropped/pushed back. No intrusion into boot space. And the speakers fire toward the front of the car. Ideally you should use 6x9s as you don't plan for a sub. 6x9s will give better bass than 6.5" speakers.

You might need to damp/strengthen the hatch door a bit so it doesn't jar/vibrate when bass notes are played. About 800/- to 1200/- worth of damping will be all that's required to keep vibrations away. The number-plate will definitely need to be damped (or isolated form the metal of the door with foam in between) as it vibrates like crazy with bass notes.

A friend of mine recently installed a Pio 2850, Alpine 4" coaxes (in front) and Alpine E type ovals in the back in his Wagon R. The total was within 13K, including install (& MDF board). He didn't damp the rear hatch (he doesn't play the music loud). The setup sounded quite good, for the money spent. A budget of 15K to 20K will get you a really good system, with B&W.

You may not get a lot of info from some of the manufacturer's websites. You'll need to get on the road and visit a couple of car accessory shops for some on-the-ground gyaan. Anything (speakers) from Alpine/Blaupunkt/HERTZ/JBL should sound fine. (I don't know if you get Hertz products in Lucknow.) HUs from Pioneer are pretty VFM. You can also consider Alpine and Blau.

As long as you stay away from Sony you should be OK. Visit a few dealers and listen to speakers and HUs from the various brands. And pick-up what you like. 6k-9K will get you a good HU (get ones with at least 2 pre-outs if you plan to add an amp later). And 10K to 12K will get you a good set of front & rear speakers. The front size is 4" (stock location in the dash). There is no stock provision for the rears, so we use the hatch door as mentioned above. A really good installer will be able to fix 5.25" or even 6 to 6.5" speakers in the front doors. These will sound a lot better than the 4", but getting them installed well (and damped well) will be difficult without a good installer.

Last edited by hydrashok : 18th April 2007 at 23:37.

Most Viewed