Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:52   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Dont buy any car audio without warranty. There are reports of 936 being sold here, without included wires etc. Trust me. ANY brand. Buy with bill and warranty.

Hi, Sam

Doers that mean All JBL's speakers come with cable to connect them. How much is the cable length. ( i Am thinking of rear door speakers of my getz here). This can be an added price incentive to go for JBL over pioneer or sony.

Finally almost fixed on GTO 636E based on paper specks for all four doors of my getz. Still have to listen to them yet.

While on the subject, what about the amplifier V12 Alpine on Ebay . My mind tells me it'sa fake but the heart still wants to buy And try it ( after all only 2000 Rs. and if can prove that they are not origanal alpines I get a refund as per Ebay policy"
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:03   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Hi, Sam

Doers that mean All JBL's speakers come with cable to connect them. How much is the cable length. ( i Am thinking of rear door speakers of my getz here). This can be an added price incentive to go for JBL over pioneer or sony.

Finally almost fixed on GTO 636E based on paper specks for all four doors of my getz. Still have to listen to them yet.

While on the subject, what about the amplifier V12 Alpine on Ebay . My mind tells me it'sa fake but the heart still wants to buy And try it ( after all only 2000 Rs. and if can prove that they are not origanal alpines I get a refund as per Ebay policy"
Hi PRANIL, are you forgetting we are still living in India? Trust me the Bazee guys would make you go round and round till you get bugged up enough to let It all go.
Spend a few extra bucks and buy something solid, Instead of wasting Rs 2000 now , better spend a bit more and have FUN. And Forget about getting Refund from EBAY in case ur planning to Regret later !
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:05   #558
BHPian

Thanks a TONNNN Navin for those links, That guy really explained everything very well. Ia m reading and learning and gaining a Lotttttttttt. Thanks again.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:15   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Hi, Sam

Yes all JBL speakers come with some cable. It's not some great cable and it's not such a big deal. A lot of brands supply some ordinary speaker cable with their speakers, i dont see it as a big deal really.
The 636e sound very good in the getz.

I dunno about the alpine man. 2000 for a new alpine (100% chinese! he says lol)
I have no comment on it. It's a risk, I wouldnt take.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:29   #560
Team-BHP Support

yeah and then there are those who use silver wire in the hot leg and copper in the return leg and can "hear" differences in a moving car no less.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:37   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
yeah and then there are those who use silver wire in the hot leg and copper in the return leg and can "hear" differences in a moving car no less.
By the way, lol there's so many people that think that that is two different wires.
It's the same wire, both te silver and the copper. The copper is coated with a light film of tin to distinguish between the + and the -
Old 23rd August 2005, 15:06   #562
Team-BHP Support

no no no i meant real silver and 100% OFC wires like belden.
Old 23rd August 2005, 15:38   #563
lancer_mania

so what is mean by rms ?? why is it better than pmpo how many watt rms is equal to watt pmpo approx.my room music system is 1000w pmpo so how many watt rms is it

Old 23rd August 2005, 16:34   #564
Senior - BHPian

Sam you mentioned not to use 222 amp to drive the sub/tube. So is going for Sony XM-504Z
a bad idea? Will it be able to handle a sub and 4 speakers or should I look at a costlier amp in 8k region...???
Old 23rd August 2005, 16:57   #565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
so what is mean by rms ?? why is it better than pmpo how many watt rms is equal to watt pmpo approx.my room music system is 1000w pmpo so how many watt rms is it
your system probably has about 16-20W rms per channel 20-20kHz at < 0.1% distortion if it is a 2 channel (stereo) system. If it is a home theater system it has probably half that (per channel).

as to how rms is related to pmpo i copy my previous answer
...there is little connection between watts rms and watts pmpo.

in fact watts pmpo is so arbitrary a number i would strongly suggest not considering that number to mean anything at all. in fact i would be inclined to avoid any manufacturer that uses pmpo as part of their specification becuase their doing so is an indication that they are willing to compromise the standard measuring methods....
Old 23rd August 2005, 17:00   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Sam you mentioned not to use 222 amp to drive the sub/tube. So is going for Sony XM-504Z
a bad idea? Will it be able to handle a sub and 4 speakers or should I look at a costlier amp in 8k region...???
Aseem, its not that the 222 wont drive a sub, it just wont give it enough power. That guy wanted to use 2 subs on a single 222. Bad idea.
The 504 bridged will handle a sub-tube no problem. However with 2 channels bridged (effective 2 ohms) and the other 2 channels driving 4 speakers (effective 2 ohms) just make sure the amplifier has a little space to dissipate heat.
Old 23rd August 2005, 17:57   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Aseem, its not that the 222 wont drive a sub, it just wont give it enough power. That guy wanted to use 2 subs on a single 222. Bad idea.
The 504 bridged will handle a sub-tube no problem. However with 2 channels bridged (effective 2 ohms) and the other 2 channels driving 4 speakers (effective 2 ohms) just make sure the amplifier has a little space to dissipate heat.

woow woow dude sorry for telling you wrong stuff

i want to know wether the 222 will be enough to power any of the 2 subs.i am not buying 2 subs but have to decide between the 2
so just wondering if i could use the 222 as a monobloque .

if the above mentioned subs are 2 powerful for the 222 then what next.any alternative sub/amplifier

Last edited by speedfreak : 23rd August 2005 at 18:04.
Old 23rd August 2005, 18:57   #568
Team-BHP Support

the 222 if bridged will drive most 8-10" subs well and some 12" ones as well (not so well). This is primarily gotta do with the Moving Mass of the sub cone (and other parameters).
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:02   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak
woow woow dude sorry for telling you wrong stuff

i want to know wether the 222 will be enough to power any of the 2 subs.i am not buying 2 subs but have to decide between the 2
so just wondering if i could use the 222 as a monobloque .

if the above mentioned subs are 2 powerful for the 222 then what next.any alternative sub/amplifier
Arrey! what are you apologising for? Chill dude, i think we get a little carried away and emotional with this sound business sometimes.

Look, the 222 will power one sub in bridged mode. it'll do a decent job. But if you're planning to buy an 8000 rockford fosgate sub and power it with a 222, it's making me well, umm... my friend Navin is better at words, so he can describe the feeling.
Put one sub on the 222, it will manage. If you can raise your budget, there are more powerful amps that will really make a good sub sound better.
Let me know what you do....Cheers
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:09   #570
Team-BHP Support

yeah esp. after my holiday experinces! :-)
I have a simple rule for speakers. For every 1g of Mms you should have about 2W rms (20-20k, 0.01%). So for a 8" woofer with 20g Mms you should have 40W rms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks