Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:38   #5641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Thanks iraghava, the JBL wiring kit is in a long bag (not round) and says "Made in Mexico."
I suspected as much, check out the page 4 of the link I gave you in my earlier post for the long bag kit.

Quote:
The amp, I think he said 506 (not 504) and he said it would be pricier than the 552 (just because availability of the former is scarce). The 552 is being offered for 3200 or whereabouts (with B&W).
AFAIK there was no 506 manufactured by Sony, but I could be wrong. LBM/Navin/Sam/Gunbir would be able to confirm better.
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:22   #5642
BHPian

I said no for the fake JBL wiring kit. I will have to take whatever else they have.

Now with the 504 - take this or the 552? or 554? Is the Blau GTA-2 special one better?

Lastly, Sir, with a 2-ch amp, use 2 channels for the sub? Or one channel? And use the other channel for the front GTO437s? Or the rear GTO937s? And with the Pio sub (dual voice coil), any special wiring between the sub and amp? I think it gives you more choices in wiring? Right? Or wrong?
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:05   #5643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
AFAIK there was no 506 manufactured by Sony, but I could be wrong. LBM/Navin/Sam/Gunbir would be able to confirm better.

I think there is no 506 amp of sony which I have heard off....there must be some older model might be of this name my I have not seen such amp....
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:07   #5644
BHPian

Matching sub and amp

I am a little confused right now. I was wondering if the amps in question (Sony 552/ Blau GTA2 special / Pioneer 3000T would be sufficient for either of the subs (GT4-12 with power handing of 400 watts) or Pioneer TS-W256DVC - power handling of 350 watts)

Sony 552
  • Maximum Power Output:
    2 Ch x 110W at 4
  • 1 Ch x 350W at 4
  • 2 Ch x 175W at 2
  • Frequency Response: 5 HZ - 50KHz
  • Rated Power Output: 2 Ch x 55W at
    4 (0.04% THD)
  • 1 Ch x 1300W at 4 (0.1% THD)
  • 2 Ch x 65W at 2 (0.1% THD[/SIZE]
    [/FONT]
Blau GTA2 Special

Max. Power 400 watts
Max. Power@4 ohms 2x120 / 1x400 watts
Max. Power@2 ohms 2x180 watts
RMS Power@4 ohms 2x60 / 1x180 watts
RMS Power@2 ohms 2x90 watts

Pioneer 3000T
  • 40W x 2, 100W x 1 (continuous power)
  • 80W x 2, 200W x 1 (max. power)
  • Bridgeable 1/2/3-channel capability
  • LPF (80Hz, -12dB/oct.)
  • High-voltage input level control (400mV - 6.5V)
  • RCA input terminals
Old 2nd April 2007, 17:12   #5645
Distinguished - BHPian

Dimensions for JBL GT4-12 Subwoofer driver - sealed box

Johy, you PMed me a question, here is the answer.

Old 2nd April 2007, 17:20   #5646
BHPian

Thanks amigos. The whole sub box has to be loosely packed with fiberfill, right?
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:20   #5647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks amigos. The whole sub box has to be loosely packed with fiberfill, right?
Ya inside the box.....you can use reliance fiber fill which is used in pillow for this purpose.......
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:46   #5648
BHPian

Cool - could not get the install done today evening - installer still out of town - gives me the extra time to think and confuse myself :-)
Old 2nd April 2007, 21:14   #5649
BHPian

Need suggestions on warranty

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the below mentioned as a part of my ICE system.

HU: Alpine CDA - 9854R
FS: Infinity Kappa - 652.7i (coaxial, 6.25")
RS: Infinity Reference - 9613i (6"x9")

The entire set has been purchased from Switzerland with Bill and Warranty.

01. I'd like to know whether I could claim the warranty for the speakers in India at a Harman Kardon store.

02. How about the warranty for Alpine HU?

03. Which is the best place for fitting these in Bangalore considering that I would not be buying any hardware from them? (I own a Palio)

04. What is your opinion on the co-axial (652.7i) for the front? (Kappa components were a bit too expensive)

Is there anything else that I need to know while fitting?

Any suggestions and feedbacks are most welcome.
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:08   #5650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Johy,

a) use channels of the 2 ch amp for the sub. you have to brdge the 2 channels. instructions will come with your amp.

b) the box that sam posted mean 1 cu. ft NET volume. I'd suggest 1.25 cu. ft. becuase you have to compensate for the volume of the sub. the sub (basket, magnet, etc..) occupies about 0.2 cu. ft.

c) get the 552 and GT4-12. it is a good combo. I have not ehard these together but I have heard the 554 powering 2 Pio 306C in a 2.5-3 cu. ft. box.

Sushanth,

All warranties Alpine and Infinity will not be valid in India.

Bangy has a lot of good installers. Bangy boys, Please help.

Components do sound better that Coaxils but cosidering your budget restrictions you did good.
Old 3rd April 2007, 18:42   #5651
Senior - BHPian

Posting this regarding a friends setup.

His amp is only a 2 channel, that puts out about 2-250rms at 2 ohms, not sure what make it is.

Front stage uses Jbl-607 comps/ rear stage Jbl-937.
His idea is to use Ch#1 for front stage and Ch#2 for the rear (knows that fade control will be lost).

Since he wants to power front+rear I was thinking isnt it a better idea to wire the speakers in parallel?
Front +/- to Rear +/- and then to the Amp +/- (for each channel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
mayhe the JBLs were connected out of phase cancelling their phase. If you still have them reverse the wires on any one of them.
Keeping in mind my query above, if I encounter scattered sound that will probably mean the phase doesnt match for the front /back?
Old 3rd April 2007, 19:35   #5652
Senior - BHPian

If you work according to your friend, fronts on Ch 1 and Rears on Ch 2, you would have fronts playing only left channel, and rears playing right channel. In your beautiful diagram , the left front and left rear are connected to the left channel of the amp in parallel connection, likewise for the right, thus stereo is maintained. If you connect as per your diagram it's ok, there will not be any polarity issues. If you connect as per your friend, please sit sideways in the car
Old 3rd April 2007, 19:42   #5653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
If you work according to your friend, fronts on Ch 1 and Rears on Ch 2, you would have fronts playing only left channel, and rears playing right channel.
Actually this is according to the "installer".

Quote:
In your beautiful diagram , the left front and left rear are connected to the left channel of the amp in parallel connection, likewise for the right, thus stereo is maintained.
Thanks for appreciating the artwork man, Iv got some stuff to decorate your living room if you would like

Quote:
If you connect as per your diagram it's ok, there will not be any polarity issues. If you connect as per your friend, please sit sideways in the car

Old 3rd April 2007, 20:00   #5654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Actually this is according to the "installer".
Around your parts, you actually call such people 'installer'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Thanks for appreciating the artwork man, Iv got some stuff to decorate your living room if you would like
Oh man, thats so sweet. Will definitely keep it in mind next time I'm redecorating in a few years. For now, I don't think 'Ghastly' is in!
Old 4th April 2007, 16:07   #5655
BHPian

WagonR ICE upgraded

Hi folks,

Thanks to all of you , especially to Hydrashok, Navin, and Sam, I got the amp and sub added to my Wagon R. Will be posting pictures later (It is a mess with fiber and dust)

The installer - he was finally in town and he put a great deal of time and did the wiring ever so carefully.

The box: I was looking for a single subwoofer box and I hunted high and low and could not find one. I saw some made of plywood which I rejected outright. Finally, what I got was a large enclosure (MDF material) with three partitions, the middle for the sub and the side ones for the ovals. I looked at it carefully and measured the volume of the center partition (for the sub) and it came out to 1.26 cu. ft. I was not very eager to take it because I really wanted a small box which I could remove/replace whenever I needed the extra space, but clearly this was the best bet. The installer has provided plugs which I can use to disconnect the two speakers and I will have to unscrew the sub from the amp (attached to the rear seat) if I need the extra space.

The sub and amp: Tried the GTA4-12 along with the Blau GTA-2 Special (and also the Pio DVC256 and the Sony 552), but tell you guys the GTA4-12 and Blau combination was really really good, absolutely perfect so I chose that without any hesitation.

The wiring: My vendor was showing me the fake JBL wiring yesterday and I had rejected that. I told him show me something better than this and so today his boys were hunting for some "Mota" kit in the godown. After a good 45-minute hunt they came up with a dusty dirty pack and I look at it through the dust and all and I see "Monster 4G cable." The vendor said it had been lying with him for 2 years - unsold and no body wanted to buy such an expensive kit, around 4000/- he said. The only problem, it did not have the RCAs - they were just missing, so he said to take whatever was there of the Monster and use a local RCA cable for now (till I get a better RCA some place). Now even the vendor is not sure how much to charge for it. How much should he?

Pics of the monster pack (just the packing). Is this original Monster?

Fiberfill: I was asking for Recron and the installer insisted on that itchy stuff (?glass wool) - he insisted and said the sound would be best this way...and true....it did work wonders.

I am pretty delighted with the sound. Thanks again Gurus.

Last edited by johy : 4th April 2007 at 16:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks