Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2005, 23:44   #481
BHPian

Sam is right. Usually, it would be preferable to buy stuff with a bill and warranty. But I took a calculated risk though it does not rule out foul play.
Old 21st August 2005, 00:12   #482
Senior - BHPian

What Speakers for the Indica?

Hey Navin & Sam,

How r you guys doing? Been a long time... yea, Hello...

I wonder if you remember me, the guy who was to get the Swift [frm chennai]. Well, Swiftwala has now become Indicawala... i'm not willing to wait impatiently for a swift, and hence i'm going to buy an Indica by the end of this month....

Now, while I was at the Tata showroom, the sales guy persisted in showing me the new blaupunkt range of car audio and the accessories fellas made me a bakra and had me listen to them for more than an half hour...

The reason I put up with them is because I was very impressed with 2 of their Oval speakers, the BLAU GTx693 and BLAU ODx693E.... the ODx one is supposed to be the superior one of the 2, sporting a platinum woven fibre membrane [have no idea what that really means]

I was in da assumption that only the JBL GTO936 rocks [which I still want to so badly buy] but the BLAUs have taken me by surprise...

I need your help in figuring out which of the 3 [2 of the Blaus and the JBL] would be better, and if they would mate well [well, , you know what I mean] with the JBL GTO 606c or 506Ce components [this is THE compo I'm definitely getting, unless BLAU comes up with a higher rms output].....

Do take your time if you need to figure out the BLAUs to suggest, cause I don't wanna lose on superior sound...

That apart, the BLAU fellow also informed me that a NEW series is coming, which is between the GTX and ODx range, and supposed to sound better than the GTx, and ould be called THx series....

So, let me know what would work and sound best, audio agony uncles and thanks in advance...

For those who'd want to know the BLAU prices in chennai, here you go:

GTx 693 OVAL - Rs.3250/-
ODx693E OVAL - Rs.3900/-

The NEW THx range OVALs are to cost around 4250/- to 4500/- somethin...

I'm sure prices at aftermarket car audio dealers would be cheaper, as I feel in-showroom Tata prices are higher...

Btw, Sam, the Chennai JBL dealer is a good friend of mine now, [CATS, Sridhar] and hes a great guy.

Thanks

Ak
Old 21st August 2005, 08:53   #483
BHPian

Go for BLAUPUNKT "k_ajay"

Hi k_ajay

Even I listened to Blaupunkt, I think the Rs 3200 ones - ie GTx693 OVAL, (Actually don't remember the model but they costed me around Rs.3200 ) and I tested them with Blaupunkt's Bermuda and Pioneer 5750 and they sounded GREAT !!

I haven't come across JBL ever, but I too think Blaupunkt Rocks, And now I'll also check out the ODx693E series, if I get it around Rs.3500 which I am sure my dealer will gimme for.
Rest make up ur mind and lemme know, 'coz I am also getting everything done by the end of this month.
Tk Cr.
Old 21st August 2005, 09:00   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I am sure the blaupunkt bermuda is a good head unit. Given a choice between a blau and a pioneer i'll take the blau.
Both Navin and I are against the purchase of pioneer decks. The company does not provide any official sales and warranty. It's not nice to take profits and provide no service. And yes, pioneer decks do have some fantastic features and are lively and exciting, but thats not my cup of tea.
There are ways you can verify this genuineness. I believe Vivek has an earlier post on this, but this is something only a very experienced enthusiast can do.
You want my advice on how to verify the "genuinity"?? Ask for a bill and warranty, no matter what you buy. Believe me.
Thanks SAM for ur inputs but you being in the same business and having lots of technical knowledge abt this Car Audio, Tell me something else.

If we go by the specs of Pioneer P5750MP v/s Blaupunkt's Bermuda Pioneer's way ahead in terms of FM senstivity and IPod connectivity and other Itts & Bitts.
Check out the following links -
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3PtDfhx...&display=L#Tab

And here's the link for Pioneer P5750MP -
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_ent...0mp/index.html

Please go thru the specs for the same and help me decide, Thanks a TON :-))
Old 21st August 2005, 12:49   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Thanks SAM for ur inputs but you being in the same business and having lots of technical knowledge abt this Car Audio, Tell me something else.

If we go by the specs of Pioneer P5750MP v/s Blaupunkt's Bermuda Pioneer's way ahead in terms of FM senstivity and IPod connectivity and other Itts & Bitts.
Check out the following links -
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3PtDfhx...&display=L#Tab

And here's the link for Pioneer P5750MP -
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_ent...0mp/index.html

Please go thru the specs for the same and help me decide, Thanks a TON :-))
Zehaarr, I know Sam and Vivek might disagree with me, but I suggest that you go with the Pioneer. Sam and Navin are audio experts who have dedicated their lives for the cause of music. They are emotionally dedicated to it and music is like their yoga from which they derive their eternal joy and find their path to heaven.

However I am that average Joe who has like you gone through the process of finding the best possible sound in his car and in the process gained some valuable knowledge. Now any Tom, Dick or Harry will tell you that Pioneer dont sound as good as the Sony, Alpine Head Units. Given the choice between a similarly specced Pioneer and Blankpunt I would recommend Blankpunkt.... However in your case the two models you are comparing are in different price band. The Pioneer is retailing at 170 dollars and the Blankpunt is retailing at 130. The Pioneer is also offering better features as opposed to the Blankpunt. It has a better display etc. In your budget I think Pioneer is the ideal choice. The only thing you should consider is that you wont get a bill or warranty with the Pioneer HU. Barring what the members of this forum have to say, Pioneers still are one of the most popular HU's that janta usually buys. All audio gurus will go for Alpine but in your budget go with Pioneer with eyes closed.
Old 21st August 2005, 13:54   #486
Senior - BHPian

woah woah woah!!!... wait a min, made a mistake here.....

The ODx693E OVAL costs in the range of 7200/- and not 3900 like i mentioned..... I'm sos sorry to have mislead, but just zzzehar's post and realised the goof-up.

Please take note and stand corrected... Apologies

AK

Last edited by k_ajay : 21st August 2005 at 13:56.
Old 21st August 2005, 14:06   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Zehaarr, I know Sam and Vivek might disagree with me, but I suggest that you go with the Pioneer. Sam and Navin are audio experts who have dedicated their lives for the cause of music. They are emotionally dedicated to it and music is like their yoga from which they derive their eternal joy and find their path to heaven.

However I am that average Joe who has like you gone through the process of finding the best possible sound in his car and in the process gained some valuable knowledge. Now any Tom, Dick or Harry will tell you that Pioneer dont sound as good as the Sony, Alpine Head Units. Given the choice between a similarly specced Pioneer and Blankpunt I would recommend Blankpunkt.... However in your case the two models you are comparing are in different price band. The Pioneer is retailing at 170 dollars and the Blankpunt is retailing at 130. The Pioneer is also offering better features as opposed to the Blankpunt. It has a better display etc. In your budget I think Pioneer is the ideal choice. The only thing you should consider is that you wont get a bill or warranty with the Pioneer HU. Barring what the members of this forum have to say, Pioneers still are one of the most popular HU's that janta usually buys. All audio gurus will go for Alpine but in your budget go with Pioneer with eyes closed.
Thanks ASEEM for takin' out time to reply. I am still a bit confused as the ppl who hv used Pioneer says that nothing ever happens to it and moreover its offering much more as compared to Blaupunkt.
As for the price I think ur a bit mistaken here, I am getting Pioneer P5750MP for Rs.6800 and Blaupunkt's Bermuda for Rs.7600 with warranty.
Also can anyone tell me as to when we at specs which things are related to OUTPUT/Performance and what all shud we look for? ie Sound to Noise/Radio Frequency etc.

And Regarding k_ajay Thank God you told me the cost of Blaupunkt's ODx range or else I would hv got in a scuffle with some dumbo Blaupunkt dealer. So consider ODx range is way out of my budget would you recommend Blaupunkt's GTx693's or any from JBL's?

SAM can you please throw some light on the cost of JBL speakers and dealers in Chandigarh? and Considering my Budget of max Rs.3000-3500 for rear speakers what according to you would gimme the desired output in JBL range?

And DooD being on this forum for quite a few days , Today I saw ur pic with the Palio and guess what people in my office are jumping at me to forward all those pics to them (not of YOU but of the Palio ;-)). Please and how does JBL fare against Blaupunkt on which I hv almost zeroed on. But reading ur posts made me give a 2nd thought to JBL as well. Thank you.
Old 21st August 2005, 14:06   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
woah woah woah!!!... wait a min, made a mistake here.....

The ODx693E OVAL costs in the range of 7200/- and not 3900 like i mentioned..... I'm sos sorry to have mislead, but just zzzehar's post and realised the goof-up.

Please take note and stand corrected... Apologies

AK
Thanks ASEEM for takin' out time to reply. I am still a bit confused as the ppl who hv used Pioneer says that nothing ever happens to it and moreover its offering much more as compared to Blaupunkt.
As for the price I think ur a bit mistaken here, I am getting Pioneer P5750MP for Rs.6800 and Blaupunkt's Bermuda for Rs.7600 with warranty.
Also can anyone tell me as to when we at specs which things are related to OUTPUT/Performance and what all shud we look for? ie Sound to Noise/Radio Frequency etc.

And Regarding k_ajay Thank God you told me the cost of Blaupunkt's ODx range or else I would hv got in a scuffle with some dumbo Blaupunkt dealer. So consider ODx range is way out of my budget would you recommend Blaupunkt's GTx693's or any from JBL's?

SAM can you please throw some light on the cost of JBL speakers and dealers in Chandigarh? and Considering my Budget of max Rs.3000-3500 for rear speakers what according to you would gimme the desired output in JBL range?

And DooD being on this forum for quite a few days , Today I saw ur pic with the Palio and guess what people in my office are jumping at me to forward all those pics to them (not of YOU but of the Palio ;-)). Please and how does JBL fare against Blaupunkt on which I hv almost zeroed on. But reading ur posts made me give a 2nd thought to JBL as well. Thank you.
Old 21st August 2005, 14:20   #489
Senior - BHPian

The reason you are getting Pioneer at a lower price is that the Pioneer is not being sold with warantee and bill. To make things clear, if I was to buy Sony 8800 from showroom it will cost 19000, bug I but I got it for 14 k from gray market without bill (being imported). But if you look at the price they retail in US, the Pioneer is more expensive. So go for Pioneer, its a more VFM in this case and this case only. If want to go for something better, try Sony 5510 as well. It has better sound as opposed to Pioneer but doesnt have such a flashy display as Pioneer.

What you have to look for in the deck is that it should have 3 pre outs and 4v pre out each. But in your budget you wont be able to get this. The pioneer you have shortlisted as 2 pre outs of 2.2 v each. Rest the noise etc. these things are more like specs, what you should focus on is how it sounds.

Personally a freind of mine has Blankpunts in his car. He bought them quite expensive and was bragging about them, to be honest I didnt find them any good compared to the JBL. A common problem with audio setup is that people go for Blankpunts at the rear (ovals) and two small speakers in front. This makes the sound mono aural and the driver usually runs the car at higher volume to get the bass and thats irritating. A good setup would require you to have your best speakers (components) at front and coaxials at rear with a 4 channel amp and a bass tube. But all this requires a lot of money. So in your case, go for a decent HU, Pioneer is FINE.

Why dont you drive down to Delhi for the speakers? Its just 250k. I drive to Chandigarh every other weekend as my bro is in PGI. So in Delhi u get a lot more options and JBL official dealer in GK.

Last edited by aseem : 21st August 2005 at 14:22.
Old 21st August 2005, 14:43   #490
Senior - BHPian

Well Zzzehar, I'm no audio expert compared to Sam, navin and the team... But the most costliest equipments that would go into my car is going to be the audio setup, and I've spent a lot of time trying to understand car audio equipment specs [speakers, compos and HUs, am not going for a sub or an amp, NOW] and I have a lil info that I could share with you.

I've listened to JBL & BLAU for the speakers and ALPINE & CLARION among the HUs... To me, JBL GTO936, it is... it has a power handling of 100watts RMS and most important, it suits my muzic flavor. You must take a few songs you love and listen to them to decide...

Yesterday was the second time I listened to a BLAU oval speaker and it was amazing too... the GTx 693 had very good sound reproduction and its tweeter effect was what stood out... If you want more thump, go for the JBL GTO936. If you want jingle bells, choose the BLAU..

I haven't listened xtensively on the ODx 693E, so I don't want to comment on it, rather i can't. If you can wait, I shall let you know in 2-3 days, once I get the opportunity to go listen to them. If they sound good, i'd say stretch your budget and get them, it would be worth it.. Or wait for the THx series due to release on mon-tuesday, will let you know about them should I get a chance to go listen to them....

Zehar, I honestly feel you could wait and get expert advice from Sam, Navin and the folks, who are DA people for car audio...

Well, i'm sure qualified enough to say, DONT go for a pioneer HU. Your speakers would be no more than wasted, instead, go for a Alpine [the 9827 is good, and it costs 14500/-, bargain and you might be able to get it for a k lesser, better, get someone from B'lore to get a 9830 for u for 15k.... Aseem told me this price... ]

If you cannot afford the Alpine, go for a Clarion, they sound very good, trust me on this... [i'm sorry, haven't heard much on the BLAU HUs]

Well, thats all from me... watch out for the audio agony uncs, they'd be here anytime

Let me end my telling you one thing. You should spend on car audio propotionate to the number of years your going to keep them. These audio equips that your putting won't fetch you much when your selling your car [if your considering that] and that you need to understand...

If your car is for keeps, spend on the best. If your considering selling the car to upgrade in 3-4 years, spend wisely...

Cheers and patience

AK
Old 21st August 2005, 16:21   #491
BHPian

Thank you soooooooooo much ASEEM & k_ajay for ur time.
Ajay can you please tell me as to how much the Clarion HU will cost me? At what do the MP3 players start and what abt Alpine? How abt entry level MP3's, how much they cost and what abt the performance?
SAMMMMMMMM when are u gonna come?
Please throw some light on JBL speakers? Lemme stretch my budget to Rs.3000 - Rs.4000, Going thru this forum from the Last page 33 to Page 1, I hv seen tht u hv recommended GTO426E for front for Rs.2500 ! Are they 6" or 4"? I could get the info from JBL website.
And I guess you know I hv a very small car ie Daewoo Matiz, so please guide me accordingy considering my budget and the kind of performance I am lookin' for.
What do you say abt JBL's GTO936E for Rs 4700? I know I will hv to stretch the budget a bit high but then If I get the GTO936E then I will install only the Rear Speakers and not the Front Ones as of now. I'll probably wait for another month's salary for the same.
Please take out some time and help me decide.
Also suggest a Good HU, Would Blaupunkt for around Rs 7000 with 15W RMS be a good option or for Rs 7500 with 18 W RMS?
I guess I don't need an AMP consider that Its a very small car and my Tight budget.
and again Thanks a Lot for LOADS & LOADS of INFO I found on this Forum, Thanks. hAvE FUN.
Old 21st August 2005, 19:08   #492
BHPian

Alpine V 12 for 2000 Rs. Too good to be true

Saw this on Bazee
Alpine V12 at 2000 rs. Is it true or only fake ??
Are the specs correct of look fishy

http://cgi.ebay.in/BOX-PACKED-POWER-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 21st August 2005, 19:31   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Saw this on Bazee
Alpine V12 at 2000 rs. Is it true or only fake ??
Are the specs correct of look fishy

http://cgi.ebay.in/BOX-PACKED-POWER-...QQcmdZViewItem
The price is cheap even for a fake... something fishy!!!
Old 21st August 2005, 21:32   #494
BHPian

sub for safari dicor

hi all
me getting my dicor in 3 days........its got the oe speakers and stuff...only cnange is that i hav a sony 222 amp so thinking of goin in for a sub...
tryin to decide between sony and rockford
prices are like sony-6800 rs
rockford fosgate 7000-8000rs

both are 10".me lookin for 10"ers and wfich can be powered by da 222 in bridged mode

maybe later go in for lightning audio triaxials.....

btw howz da blaupunkt tx 369.1...will be gettin it free from my bros ikon as hez buyin somethin else....
Old 21st August 2005, 23:32   #495
Senior - BHPian

Zzzehar, i'm not sure about how much the Clarion HUs cost and I shall find out and let you know by Tuesday. I know the chennai dealer for Clarion [he is a dealer for JBL too] and shall get the prices from him.

Meantime, go through the HU options available from http://www.clarion.com.sg/products/2...incd/index.cfm and let me know what interests you... My personal favouries in Clarion are DXZ756MC and DXZ656MP... They don't offer full color display but are ready for Ipod connection [they have those RGB 769 selectable colors tho].... Take your pic from the site and i'll get you the price... [note: i'm not too keen on using this feature or its presence wouldn't make a big difference to me, but the DXZ756MC model has a Music Catcher facility, something that can hold upto 6 cds' songs in its memory].... If you want a HU with the looks, get a DXZ856MP.... Mast looking..

I have a 2004 Alpine catalog with prices quoting Alpine's basic cd HU at 11990 [CDA 9826], and casette player at 6990[TDM 7582E]. I listened to CDA 9827 and its sounds jhakaas at 14900/- [bargainable]...

I'm very very confused myself on what to pick for my Indica and i'm waiting for Sam & Navin's final nod on the JBL GTO Ovals or the BLAU's THx/ODx series ovals... And today on the net, I saw a Rockford Fosgate T1693C Ovals [power handling = 110 rms].... supposed to be awesome or not is what I want to know....

Sam/Navin, where are ya fellassss???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks