Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2006, 00:11   #4801
Distinguished - BHPian

Well essentially your 4 choices are 10" woofer, 12" woofer, 10" tube and 12" tube.

The tubes make good value for money, remember a woofer is only as good as it's enclosure, and in a M800 you will need an enclosure, so if you can make one, according to the supplied parameters of the subwoofer, it's cool, otherwise go for the tube.
The 12" CS1204T actually has a GT4-12 in it rebadged as a CS, but the 10"CS1204T has a CS woofer in it.

All are single coil. Since you have the budget, you could go in for a 12". What amplifier will you use?
Old 12th December 2006, 00:25   #4802
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Samji for clearing things up.

Will preferably go for JBL only. May be a 4 channel. Please suggest that too. Now he has a simple Pio MP3 HU, JBL components in front and rear are JVC's.

Can all these including sub be attached to a single 4 ch amp. or should he go for 1 2ch and 1 4ch amp ?

Also will he still gets the JBL 1 year warranty if the dealer do not provide the bill ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
What amplifier will you use?

Last edited by abhibh : 12th December 2006 at 00:33.
Old 12th December 2006, 08:18   #4803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Now he has a simple Pio MP3 HU, JBL components in front and rear are JVC's.

Can all these including sub be attached to a single 4 ch amp. or should he go for 1 2ch and 1 4ch amp ?
You won't be able to connect the 4 speakers and the sub to a 4-ch amp. (Unless you wire the speakers in parallel. Definite no-no).

1. If you want to power them all, you'll need a 2-ch (or monoblock) amp for the sub, and a 4-ch amp for the speakers. Your wiring cost will be a bit higher (higher guage wiring required, 3 sets of RCA interconnects).

2. Or you can get just a 4-ch amp and power the front speakers and the Sub, with the rear speakers running off the HU.

3. Or, if you want just the sub powered go for a 2-ch (or monoblock) amp only.

What's the amp budget :-) ? I'd personally suggest option 2 if the amp budget is upto 9K (You can get a JBL CS60.4 amp for that). For 7K (in addition to the 9K), you can add a JBL CS60.2 and go for option 1.

If you go for option 3, get just the CS60.2 for 7K.

Again, since between option 2 and 3, the difference is just 2k, I'd suggest option 2. (Wiring costs will be about the same for option 2 & 3, except you'll need 2 RCA interconnects for option 2, and only 1 RCA interconnect with option 3).

You'll need about 3K-4K more for good wiring in any case.

BTW, could you tell us which HU is your friend running? (The number of pre-outs will also count to some extent in the decision).
Old 12th December 2006, 09:57   #4804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
What's the amp budget :-) ? I'd personally suggest option 2 if the amp budget is upto 9K (You can get a JBL CS60.4 amp for that). For 7K (in addition to the 9K), you can add a JBL CS60.2 and go for option 1.
actually if I had 16K for 2 amps I would consider the Pio 6200 for the sub and rear and bridge a 60.4 for the front! he he he. As TIm the Tool man says "More Power". :-)
Old 12th December 2006, 10:17   #4805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also will he still gets the JBL 1 year warranty if the dealer do not provide the bill ?
No baba. No bill= no JBL warranty.
I agree with Navin, get a mono+4ch. If you have the money, why not? A CS mono + CS 4ch will cost you about 18K together.
Old 12th December 2006, 10:27   #4806
BHPian

Preetam never gave me a bill, only stamped and signed the warranty card. Is that not enough, Sam? Then i have to go to him and collect a bill before he forgets me... :-)
Old 12th December 2006, 10:36   #4807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Preetam never gave me a bill, only stamped and signed the warranty card. Is that not enough, Sam? Then i have to go to him and collect a bill before he forgets me... :-)
HV, do that! A bill is required as most warranties need a DATED bill.
Old 12th December 2006, 10:36   #4808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
It must be oversight. Do not worry, go and collect your bill, anytime. Tell preetam that you are Sam's friend from team-BHP and that will sort you out nicely.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:01   #4809
Senior - BHPian

Damn!!!!! But the dealer refuses to provide bill / warranty on any product purchased.... Now we are stuck back to options:

1. Either go to delhi and get the stuff
2. Go for sony.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:38   #4810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Damn!!!!! But the dealer refuses to provide bill / warranty on any product purchased.... Now we are stuck back to options:

1. Either go to delhi and get the stuff
2. Go for sony.
which dealer is this?
Old 12th December 2006, 11:40   #4811
Senior - BHPian

S.K. Motors Sector: 28 Chandigarh.

Plus if we buy from here Shop Online; Gift in India: ,* Home Audio,* Car Audio,* Multimedia,* Special Offers,* Buy mobile phones, Gift Flowers, Buy Indian Apparel, Buy Books in India, Buy Cameras will we get warranty etc for sure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
which dealer is this?

Last edited by abhibh : 12th December 2006 at 11:44.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:50   #4812
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You should get a Bill and a Warranty card. Fill out the card and send it to the manufacturer stating it was from ReDeff.com (India). That is what I would do. Maybe Sam / B&T/ GUnbir have better ideas.
Old 12th December 2006, 20:43   #4813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipul.Sharma View Post
Hey man, Its ok i m new to audio and i m not electronic engineer. I m mechanical engineer. After all budget is also a constraint.........Don't under estimate others man........
Arre what man? Where you are getting engineering into the picture, like hydrashok mentioned, I was just making fun of his typo.

I am also mechanical engineer man, full pain in the arse. Had to do lot of copying man, to clear the exams. Some say the long term effects of the same are still evident.
Old 13th December 2006, 08:59   #4814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Arre what man? Where you are getting engineering into the picture, like hydrashok mentioned, I was just making fun of his typo.

I am also mechanical engineer man, full pain in the arse. Had to do lot of copying man, to clear the exams. Some say the long term effects of the same are still evident.

Aah! just forget it buddy........lets go ahead.........nd lets talk ..........
Old 13th December 2006, 12:15   #4815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yes, This is offficial with a warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks