Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2005, 15:15   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Hmmm... correct me if i am wrong.. one doesnt *need* to have an amp to run comps, rite? I can get comps first, and then after a while, get an amp? I guess it depends on the head unit to some extent... mine is kenwood krc 553, 35w x 4. do u think i *need* an amp if i go for a decent set of components?
It's not like components dont run off the head unit. It just sounds much better with an amp. Of course you can get the amp later.
Old 17th August 2005, 17:20   #467
Senior - BHPian

so 've decided to get the Kicker subs..now one question is do i have to get another amp too?? I've also decided on a Kenwood LCD system which i had checked out, with touch screen and stuff. Will be getting it 2moro or so, will post a ffew pix
Old 18th August 2005, 12:27   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi!
Often people wonder how these HUGE systems are powered. I mean the ones with like 20 woofers and 8 amplifiers and all.How DO they run on the battery in the car. Well in that case, you have to build a battery bank (using Deep-Cycle batteries) and an oversized alternator.
This picture shows an amazingly well made battery bank using the top cover (shroud) of a HUGE JBL amp. This is a Biggs and Elridge install.
Why am i putting this here? Just. So Vivek, Aseem and Navin (when he returns from holiday) will gasp. Muhahahahahahahaha....

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 18th August 2005 at 12:30.
Old 18th August 2005, 14:36   #469
BHPian

Phew! That battery must be capable of some serious thumping. You can beat the daylights out of anyone. Probably enough to wake up the dead.
Old 18th August 2005, 21:04   #470
Senior - BHPian

GASP GASP GAS!!!! Oh I missed the last p
Sam I went and checked the Optra out for which you had posted the pics earlier. Boy it was some car, the music was really rocking and I could feel the seats move when the bass was high. It was AWESOME!!! However it made me realize that the infinity components they had on the car, were a TAD to BRIGHT!!! Here we go again...
While at the JBL showroom in Bangalore I showed my freind the JBL CS 1200T bass tube (5.5k) that I was interested in buying, however the showroom guy recommended that I should go for GTO 1200B 12" Sub with custom JBL encolosure (8.5k). He said that since the Bass tube is for 500W and the Woofer is for 1000W thus the quality of bass is quite drastically different between the two. He said that the Customer Enclosure was much better than anything they make and people with higher costing sub's came back to buy the one with custom enclosure as the sound was so great.
So here I am confused, I really liked the Bass Tube, it looks great and I will be able to brag a lot with it, at the same time, I dont want something that doesnt sound good. Is Bass Tube even worse than buying a 10" 1000W GT4-10 sub for (4k) ? as thats also 1000W. Will a desi enclosure with GT4 sub sound better than the bass tube? Or my best bet is to just go with the custom JBL enclosure and sub for 8.5k?
I remember when I had gone for a Pioneer amp on my Esteem, the guy had told me that my amp would sound better than the JBL bass tube, back than I knew nothing what he meant by that, but now I am thinking maybe the guys at Bangalore JBL and that accesory shop owner were pointing to the same thing.
Let me know which you think is the best option....

Last edited by aseem : 18th August 2005 at 21:07.
Old 18th August 2005, 22:30   #471
BHPian

More power will certainly sound better. But listen to both subs and buy what you want and like. And there is no question of desi box or company box or tube. A box has to be designed for different parameters of the woofer. Even if you build the box, it will sound good if designed properly. Box design, my friend, box design is the key.
Old 18th August 2005, 22:41   #472
Senior - BHPian

By Desi box I mean not the one JBL is selling and one that u get off cheap in the stores. Since I am no design/audio guru, I can only rely on whats coming in the market off the shelf, so I am strictly limited to the options below. Since there was no way to properly demo these subs in a car, I am limited to Sams experience on this one...
Old 18th August 2005, 22:46   #473
BHPian

Just buying a box from the market for whichever subwoofer will sound okay but not good. The bass will never be tight and there will be no punch. Tell you what, just go in for a readymade sub and box.
Old 18th August 2005, 22:55   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Just buying a box from the market for whichever subwoofer will sound okay but not good. The bass will never be tight and there will be no punch. Tell you what, just go in for a readymade sub and box.
So drop the idea of the Bass Tube...??? Its over 3k price difference, what do you think and recommend? Also I like the way the bass tube looks (can show off ), however if the sound quality is that bad, than I can consider going for the box.
Old 18th August 2005, 23:01   #475
BHPian

As I said listen to both of them. If you think the tube is good enough for you buy it. If you think the one with the enclosure is better and if you are prepared to spend 3K extra go for it. Ultimately, you should buy what you feel is good, right?
Old 19th August 2005, 12:40   #476
BHPian

Please Help decide between BLAUPUNKT & PIONEER !!

Hi Please post ur reviews abt Blaupunkt Bermuda v/s Pioneer DEH-P5750MP and which speaker set to go in for. I am buying this for my first car 2nd hand Matiz. I tested Blaupunkt's 150 W 6x9 inch Oval Speakers with both the speakers, Sounds Great! Also Pioneer is for Rs.6800 without warranty and Blaupunkt for Rs.7600 with warranty, Which is more user friendly and will give out best output. Considering a small car I wouldn't go in for Amp or Subwoofer. With Speakers by budget is around Rs.9000-Rs.10,000. Thank you sooooooo much.I tested these with Blaupunkt 150 W 6/9 Inch speakers and they sounded coool. So tell me which set and which speakers to go in for? I hv narrowed it down on Pioneer due to Its better specs, but I am confused between pioneer and blaupunkt speakers, If possible Jacob/Bigman/Others please gimme exact details of the speakers u want to go in for. Thank you. Also try reaching me at sukhamrit_singh@dell.com or gimme the ph number where I can reach you, I am in chandigarh. And I must say I really appreciate ur knowledge, Thanks.

Last edited by ported_head : 19th August 2005 at 17:51.
Old 20th August 2005, 12:47   #477
BHPian

If you have the money, get yourself the Blaupunkt CD player. Then, listen to the head unit with JBL/Blau/Alpine etc speaker brands. See what you like and then decide but don't buy Pioneer or Sony speakers.
Old 20th August 2005, 14:31   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
By Desi box I mean not the one JBL is selling and one that u get off cheap in the stores. Since I am no design/audio guru, I can only rely on whats coming in the market off the shelf, so I am strictly limited to the options below. Since there was no way to properly demo these subs in a car, I am limited to Sams experience on this one...

Hi Fusseem!!

See post #216 in this thread for a better view on tubes vs boxes.

Honestly i prefer the JBL Tube to the box its what i use in my lancer.
Old 20th August 2005, 16:20   #479
BHPian

Please guys help me Its URGENT !! and I am desperate.

Thansk Vivek for ur inputs, However If I read the threads here I think no one has ever mentioned Blaupunkt's BERMUDA anywhere and Its not even listed on the Blaupunkt website !
Guys please suggest, People have liked & praised the performance of Pioneer P5750MP and say It sounds kewl.
What do you say Vivek?
Please Help me out as Its really hard earned money and I don't want to get duped.
Also IS THERE A WAY I CAN VERIFY THE GENUINITY OF THE PIONEER P5750MP SYSTEM? I am getting that for Rs.6800 without warranty.
But the dealer says (GOD FORBID) If something goes wrong He'll repair it but would he take out original parts and fit in the duplicate ones?
Old 20th August 2005, 17:10   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Thansk Vivek for ur inputs, However If I read the threads here I think no one has ever mentioned Blaupunkt's BERMUDA anywhere and Its not even listed on the Blaupunkt website !
Guys please suggest, People have liked & praised the performance of Pioneer P5750MP and say It sounds kewl.
What do you say Vivek?
Please Help me out as Its really hard earned money and I don't want to get duped.
Also IS THERE A WAY I CAN VERIFY THE GENUINITY OF THE PIONEER P5750MP SYSTEM? I am getting that for Rs.6800 without warranty.
But the dealer says (GOD FORBID) If something goes wrong He'll repair it but would he take out original parts and fit in the duplicate ones?
I am sure the blaupunkt bermuda is a good head unit. Given a choice between a blau and a pioneer i'll take the blau.
Both Navin and I are against the purchase of pioneer decks. The company does not provide any official sales and warranty. It's not nice to take profits and provide no service. And yes, pioneer decks do have some fantastic features and are lively and exciting, but thats not my cup of tea.
There are ways you can verify this genuineness. I believe Vivek has an earlier post on this, but this is something only a very experienced enthusiast can do.
You want my advice on how to verify the "genuinity"?? Ask for a bill and warranty, no matter what you buy. Believe me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks