Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2006, 22:05   #4546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijayam
My Budget - 13-15K
Front speakers are fitted by Ford. Not sure about the sound quality.
Hi Raman,

I would rather you bought a HU and 4 speakers as the ford speakers upfront are not very good.

I also DONT recommend you buy from the ford dealer, they generally charge too much and offer no discounts.

At 15K you should be able to get 4 speakers and a decent HU. A lot of people now like the new Pioneer HU's and they are decently priced. Please also consider them.
Old 19th October 2006, 02:36   #4547
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i need a subwoofer for my zen....i think a 10 incher should be fine.... budget 3-4k. any suggestions.
Do you have an amp to power the sub?? If yes, what type it is? 2channel? 4channel or more? Monoblock? If you have no amp, then you'll have to buy one and you'll have to serve out some more money for that.

And what's your HU?
Old 19th October 2006, 10:02   #4548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The options given by dealer:
1) Blaupunkt Bahamas MP46 + Blaupunkt TH 693 speakers - 15.5K
2) Blaupunkt Mui MP36 + Blaupunkt TH 693 speakers - 15.5K
3) Alpine (Not sure of the model, but 12K system) with JBL Speakers - 16.2K - Sound Factor in Lavelle Road (Met Mr. Preetham who was very helpful. Thanks to Team BHP). .
I would also suggest you first consider changing the front speakers as those are the speakers nearest to your ears.

Have you heard any of these combos. I suggest you listen to them.

You can get a decent HU from Blaupunkt, Sony, Pioneer for 7-8K (Alpine HUs are a bit more) and 4 speakers for another 7-8K. However if you do want 6x9s in the rear you'd have to budget about 2K more.

For speakers I would consider Blaupunkt, JBL and Alpine. For your budget JBL has 2 ranges CS and GTO, Blaupunkt has GT and TH and Alpine has Type S (or S series).

Last edited by navin : 19th October 2006 at 10:05.
Old 19th October 2006, 10:06   #4549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i need a subwoofer for my zen....i think a 10 incher should be fine.... budget 3-4k. any suggestions.
Pio makes a Free air and a Closed box 10" but for your budget you could also afford their 12".
Old 19th October 2006, 11:52   #4550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Do you have an amp to power the sub?? If yes, what type it is? 2channel? 4channel or more? Monoblock? If you have no amp, then you'll have to buy one and you'll have to serve out some more money for that.

And what's your HU?
no i dont have an amp.im sorry i forgot to add that.i plan on buying the sony 2 channel amp. which is for about 2500 or so.that is not included in the 4k.that i will get seperately but i need a sub that will be powered by tht amp...

@ navin i dont mind getting a 12 inch but the problem is space. and i want it in a box below the tray on which my speakers are.not free air.any other options besides pio ??

Rev
Old 19th October 2006, 12:23   #4551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and i want it in a box below the tray on which my speakers are.not free air.any other options besides pio ??
The Pio 255C I think it is called might be your best bet.
Old 19th October 2006, 12:54   #4552
Senior - BHPian

thanx navin. will the sony 502 be able to drive this properly ?

but what about the 306 or something ?

Last edited by revtech : 19th October 2006 at 12:56.
Old 19th October 2006, 12:57   #4553
Team-BHP Support

The 255 is a 10" (25cm version 5) the 306 is 12" (30cm version 6). C stands for closed box, F for Free air. They cost about 3K each.
Old 19th October 2006, 13:28   #4554
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I recently picked up a Ford Ikon Flair. I need some expert advice on Audio. Here are the details:

My Budget - 13-15K
Front speakers are fitted by Ford. Not sure about the sound quality.
Looking for HU and two rear speakers (Note: Am not looking at Ampli and Sub-woofer)

The options given by dealer:

1) Blaupunkt Bahamas MP46 + Blaupunkt TH 693 speakers - 15.5K
2) Blaupunkt Mui MP36 + Blaupunkt TH 693 speakers - 15.5K
3) Alpine (Not sure of the model, but 12K system) with JBL Speakers - 16.2K - Sound Factor in Lavelle Road (Met Mr. Preetham who was very helpful. Thanks to Team BHP).

I need suggestions on which option to choose.

OR

Are there other systems/options? Some dealers told me that, Sony is not that good with local CDs. Also it skips frequently. Is this true?

I have the Blaupunkt quotes from a dealer, Final Touch in Mission Road. Any comments about this dealer in terms quality of work?

I am planning to fix the system within the next week. Would appreciate if I could get early replies.

thanks,
Raman.
I second Navins suggestion.. front stage is very important .. i have a JBL tube, Pioneer 6x9 s at the back but the front was very weak ( sony ) couldnt hear any high frequency notes.. then I got the JBL components installed in the front..the result is amazing..Plus the performance of the midrange has improved from the 6x9 s... My suggestions change the speakers first.. Head unit doesnt matter which one..Components from JBL cost around 5.2K.. i got it from Preetham.
Old 19th October 2006, 14:57   #4555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
I...Head unit doesnt matter which one......
The Headunit matters too. Remember Garbage in Garbage out. The entire audio chain is important and only as weak as the weakest link. besides thanks to different tastes and needs different combos of components are prefered by different people.

I for example find JBLs a bit bright (great for Rock though) and tend to prefer Alpine, Infinity, Blaupunkt's Velocity, ScanSpeak/Vifa (you have to make your own XO) and Focal. Focals are bright too but they have a sweetness that i like. In most cases (esp. with the Velocity) the XO needs modification to tame the drivers.

Getting back on topic think Pioneer/Blaupunkt/Sony and maybe even Kenwood mated to Alpine/JBL/Blaupunkt. But please listen before you buy.

I'd consider 7-8K for a decent HU, 3.5K for a pair of coax in the front (5-6K if you want components), and 5K for a pair of 6x9 in the rear.

Another thing i dont know if you car has pods for tweeters in the front.

Some installers cut a hole in the A pillar which means you have to sell the speakers with the car. Other installers surface mount the tweeters on the dash which means that you have 2 E.T like heads on your dash and an over zealous cleaner might knoch them. The better installs make moulds of fiberglass for the tweeters and incorporate these to your dash/door. This is expensive and also means you sell the speakers with the car.

So please check if you car can accomodate component tweeters or live with one of these alternates.
Old 19th October 2006, 16:32   #4556
BHPian

I agree Head units are very important more so if you are looking at expandability, customizable features etc .. Since Saijayam had a limited budget of 15K i was thinking the Head units was not as important as the speakers to begin with..Since flair already comes with a factory head unit just replacing the speakers will produce fairly good quality audio.
Old 20th October 2006, 02:03   #4557
Senior - BHPian

hows this earthquake brand ? some one told me its got decent 12 inch subs. and i need some one to tell me i have a tray in my zen on which the speakers are mounted.i want to put the sub in a bix and fit it underneath the tray so will there be place for a 12 inch ?

i need to decide between the sony , pioneer and earthquake.... all are 12inchers and my installer said it should fit. im sorry i dont have model nos of the sony and pio rite now but the earthquake is some db 12 R

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 20th October 2006 at 02:20.
Old 20th October 2006, 02:28   #4558
Distinguished - BHPian

Earthquake used to be a super brand, I have heard some people say that their quality is not what it used to be. Still, it is an old brand that only makes speakers, can't be bad now can it

I am sure that you can fit a 12" in a box under the tray. I recommend you listen to the pioneer and the earthquake before you decide. I would not waste my time with that Sony.
Old 20th October 2006, 02:30   #4559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i need to decide between the sony , pioneer and earthquake.... all are 12inchers and my installer said it should fit. im sorry i dont have model nos of the sony and pio rite now but the earthquake is some db 12 R
Rev,

Go for Pioneer TS W306C 12'' In Sealed Box.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 20th October 2006, 03:09   #4560
BANNED

Saijayam,
Put components in the front (5.5k). Get a 4 channel amp (4.5k) & Pioneer 2850 HU (4k grey). Leave the rear stock speakers as it is for now.

Listen to different components in that price range. Especially Hertz, JBL & Velocity. And choose according to your tastes. JBL compos are a bit harsh in this lot. But will be great for rock, hiphop, live music etc..
My selection? HERTZ!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks