Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2006, 17:41   #4306
Senior - BHPian

Now I know what the '.s' in 'santosh.s' stands for!
Old 11th September 2006, 17:52   #4307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Santosh there were a few more threads where VikramShetty had posted about Soomoku & some discussion had been done. But to keep the forum non-commercial the posts & the discussion was deleted by the mods. That is probably why you could not see it.
Actually, I remember to have seen one of those threads some time back and wanted to revisit it recently. But even then, it was soomoku specific thread so the word "invasion" wouldn't fit there I guess.
I won't be surprised if mine (and some other) posts get deleted in near future
Old 11th September 2006, 17:52   #4308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
hi santosh,
that remark was not meant for you. though i have seen & read a few of your posts, i still have not read one with sumoku in it. so certainly it was not meant against you. the real ones, they will know who iam talking about.
now you are starting to confuse me santosh. i hadn't actually included you in the sumoku brothers, but now you are making me think again.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 11th September 2006 at 17:56.
Old 11th September 2006, 18:05   #4309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Now I know what the '.s' in 'santosh.s' stands for!
Thats not the topic of our discussion, so please don't divert. I would be more grateful if you do me a favour by answering a couple of questions that I just asked!
Old 11th September 2006, 18:10   #4310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now you are starting to confuse me santosh. i hadn't actually included you in the sumoku brothers, but now you are making me think again.
sorry to bother you, but I hope the first impression lasts
Old 11th September 2006, 18:16   #4311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
I won't be surprised if mine (and some other) posts get deleted in near future
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 11th September 2006, 20:02   #4312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised either.
OK, that may not be a surprise. However I do have a couple of other surprises...

1. Vikram's posts were deleted in view of supposedly commercial affiliation & their promotion. But now that he has made it very clear that he has no such affiliation, I am surprised why people still can't accept it!

2. I know of navin as a respected mod who has been around almost since inception of tbhp, and he has been active over ICE section. Its really surprising to me as to why wasn't he sure about Vikram's affiliation until recently? Navin sir, kindly take it as a genuin question rather than anything else. Am I getting anything wrong here?
Old 11th September 2006, 23:46   #4313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK, that may not be a surprise. However I do have a couple of other surprises...

1. Vikram's posts were deleted in view of supposedly commercial affiliation & their promotion. But now that he has made it very clear that he has no such affiliation, I am surprised why people still can't accept it!

2. I know of navin as a respected mod who has been around almost since inception of tbhp, and he has been active over ICE section. Its really surprising to me as to why wasn't he sure about Vikram's affiliation until recently? Navin sir, kindly take it as a genuin question rather than anything else. Am I getting anything wrong here?
but i am surprised, mr.santosh... i am not an audio nut or a guru, neither am i pretending to be one (like some people are)..but all i know is that there were a couple of guys here who were impessing upon others that sumo was one of the best & that it had to be considered VFM. if only they hadn't rubbished other brands & presented it in a better manner, i might have even beleived that $hit. i mean, it was quite obvious with mr.x & the redoubtable mr.y including yourself now, that you are wanting to make me(us) to read/listen to something that i(we) dont want to. and it is always a newbie, the same person wanting to come back & say the same thing in a different manner with a different handle, which always sounds the same. why would a respectable forum like this give any misleading information ? i ask all t-bhpians, would you want to be subjected to marketing in this forum ? if you do, i ask you to cast your vote now & here.

and no amount of sirrring can make you feel a neutral, mr.santosh. you have hurt the feelings of quite a few people here. just by having the last say, do not think you have won. if you had genuinely wanted to discuss sumoooooookkkkkkoooooo, you could have done that without any support or help from your sumo brothers.if you had done that, all of us in tbhp would have been proud of you. as of now, we feel you have betrayed the trust which tbhp had in you & that includes me.

here's for all the techno lingo you had copied & pasted in this site...may you have a great time being a web searcher & copy paster..everybody say cheers

Quote:
But now that he has made it very clear that he has no such affiliation, I am surprised why people still can't accept it!
and just how did he make it clear, i'd like to know.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 11th September 2006 at 23:51.
Old 12th September 2006, 03:11   #4314
Distinguished - BHPian

Enough!

Easy esteem lover, no need for that. He is entitled to his opinion, as is Audio fanatic and whoever else. Please respect it.

Newbies, I am sorry to say, it seems to me, some of you may need help on Internet etiquette. Forums are created to make friends, if you need help with your forum etiquette, I am here to help, PM me.
Creating unnecessary controversies in a thread is not a good way to begin.

To the regulars and the "gurus"- please show some restraint and maturity.

To all: I am fed up of people dissecting posts and replying piece by piece by piece. It's annoying. Don't do it.

I am beginning to slowly realise why newbies PM their questions, they are afraid to post here.
Look at the crap you guys are making, you're scaring away the newbies. Those that stay are argumentative and annoying and you are feeding their fire.

The team-BHP support team has been leniant in the ICE forum. Do not misuse this trust.

Baaki bacha sumooko, all you guys, seemingly willing to die for it, please buy one, enjoy it and post a first hand experience. Otherwise, accept the fact that dislike seems to be the majority opinion.

Now I am gonna say this once. I started this thread and I'm asking you to stop this stupid nonsense. If anyone has a problem with my tone, PM me.

And the super newbies and people with simple questions, don't worry about these people, ask simple questions, even if your budget is Rs.5000/-, I promise you a proper answer.
Old 12th September 2006, 04:03   #4315
Senior - BHPian

Sorry sam, I would feel like doing injustice to myself if I don't reply to such an offensive post, point-by-point. It can be annoying to some, but I assure its not non-sense

Quote:
but i am surprised, mr.santosh... i am not an audio nut or a guru, neither am i pretending to be one (like some people are)..
Me too. If you have gone through many of my posts you would know that I have been mentioning the same once in a while. And therefore I have never offered any advice to others, rather I have been mostly asking questions & expressed my opinions, again mostly in the form of questions so that others are encouraged to correct me.

Quote:
but all i know is that there were a couple of guys here who were impessing upon others that sumo was one of the best & that it had to be considered VFM. if only they hadn't rubbished other brands & presented it in a better manner, i might have even beleived that $hit.
I agree there have been some instances like that. But my curiosity about soomo was also triggered by at least 2 sources other that this forum.

Quote:
i mean, it was quite obvious with mr.x & the redoubtable mr.y including yourself now, that you are wanting to make me(us) to read/listen to something that i(we) dont want to.
I won't speak on behalf of mr. x & y (unlike what you are doning on behalf of... whole tbhp?). Personally I wish many people do audition of the product under question, the reason is simple I have not come across even a single person having heard it and based on that making negative comments.
After all its just a request. If somebody like B&T makes it clear that he is not willing to do that, I don't think any gentleman would ask him again.

Quote:
and it is always a newbie, the same person wanting to come back & say the same thing in a different manner with a different handle, which always sounds the same. why would a respectable forum like this give any misleading information ?
I agree. At the same time I would point out that once all posts by somebody are deleted due to moderation, he/she is bound to re-enter as a newbie. Another thing is that a tbhp newbie by no way means that the person is newbie regarding anything and everything! In my opinion its outrightly unfair and biased perception of a newbie.

Quote:
and no amount of sirrring can make you feel a neutral, mr.santosh.
To be honest, I am naturally appearing as if I am biased towards soomo, so I am trying to do my best to negate that feeling.

Quote:
just by having the last say, do not think you have won.
Come on! I am not out here to fight a battle against anybody where somebody has to win while other looses! This thread have already crossed several thousands of posts, so I don't think there is anything like "last say" here (unless it gets closed!)
Quote:
if you had genuinely wanted to discuss sumoooooookkkkkkoooooo, you could have done that without any support or help from your sumo brothers. if you had done that, all of us in tbhp would have been proud of you.
In fact that indicates that I am not enough familiar to it. Thats why I am curiously waiting for more reviews, but so far I found only mr. x & y to fall on to.

Quote:
you have hurt the feelings of quite a few people here.
as of now, we feel you have betrayed the trust which tbhp had in you & that includes me.
That miserably describes my worst experience with tbhp so far... and the best part as well!

Quote:
here's for all the techno lingo you had copied & pasted in this site...may you have a great time being a web searcher & copy paster..everybody say cheers
This is a typically cheap and illogical way of offensive argument which can be found at many places on this forum. Tell me whats wrong or shameful about surfing? I believe internet and search engines like google are revolutionary resources. By the way, it takes same kind of passion, background and intelligence to clearly understand and appreciate anything over net, as it would be while reading books or learning it in person from a "guru". I agree that nothing can replace a good experience, though. And I don't accept cut-paste alligation because I usually tend to provide links instead of copying the text as if it was framed by myself. (its fine if you mentioned cut-pasting of links). I hope there are quite a few people out there who wouldn't really want to join you in cheering and instead be appreciative for providing useful pointers.

Quote:
and just how did he make it clear, i'd like to know.

Didn't he clarify that he is into software for past few years and not soomo...? I hope you would have read all relevant threads/postings before making strong comments.
Old 12th September 2006, 10:30   #4316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Easy esteem lover, no need for that. He is entitled to his opinion, as is Audio fanatic and whoever else. Please respect it.

Baaki bacha sumooko, all you guys, seemingly willing to die for it, please buy one, enjoy it and post a first hand experience. Otherwise, accept the fact that dislike seems to be the majority opinion.
Thanks Sam for pinch hitting. I am back. My mom was not well so I was not active for 2 days and what a mess you guys made. On any other forum the whole lot of you would ahve been banned.

1. Forums are meant to voice personal opinion but WITHOUT offending others. I am a "live and let live mod" but if you guys think my inaction is a sign of softness you got another think coming.

2. I expect all of you (Santosh, B&T, etc...) to re-read the threed below before posting again!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...e-posting.html

3. Personally I would be the happiest person in the world to see ANY Indian manufacturer make products comparable to the best of the imported products (at given price points). A few have managed to do so in a limited way and I love them (eg: The Mukherjees, The Rathas, The Shirkes, and Mr. Palesha) for it. Wouldn;t it be great if India became the next Denmark (Mr. Skanning) or the next Canada (NRC) of loudpspeaker world?

Quote:

Vickram did not respond until recently as to his affiliation (or lack thereof). There is no way one can know everyone in the audio industry esp if one is not part of it. I met B&T and Sam only recently. In fact most of my friends in the Audio Industry are now grandfathers (read as above 65)! Without this knowledge and having had a very different expereince than Vickram I had to assume the worst.

This is my first post regarding Sumoku (see post 9)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-speakers.html

this post by Vickram followed mine
The new SOOMOKU active Boxed subwoofer DSW-300B is truly awsome.

Pro quality sound. Excellent frequency response from 20 hz to 125 hz.

The inbuilt Class D amp has an active crossover, gain level and a 0 - 180 degree continuosly variable phase control. The Class D amp is very energy efficient and is very gentle on your Batteries.

Build quality is excellent too. Quality and acoustic properties of the enclosure are outstanding.

The result is bass that is powerful, tight and very accurate.

The Subwoofer retails at approx. Rs 14,000 (including the amp). Which is unbelievable value for money. With brands like JBL, KICKER, Rockford Fosgate, one will have to shell out more than twice that amount (if not more) for similar quality sound.

Warranty : 1 year
After sales: Excellent
Most Impressive feature: Accuracy and tightness of the bass

Available In Delhi at Elegant accessories, Lajpat Nagar. Ph: 9811228552, 9811087262.

NOIDA:--- Smart Car: 9810052446

Bangalore --- Auto planet (9845019192) Koramangala, Car Tracks (9341247282), Pit stop: 9845090027

In Mangalore/ Manipal----- Car Decor : 9343561417

What would you think? Especially since VIckram did not respond when asked for his affiliation.

I hope I still am considered largely unbiased. ICEers this forum is for you (all ICEers), by you, about you. If it is felt that I have become biased in the process of being a mod pleae let me know (PM me if nesscary) I would happily relinquish my Mod status.

Thank you for being patient enough and allowing me to make myself clear.

Last edited by navin : 12th September 2006 at 10:31.
Old 12th September 2006, 10:50   #4317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
The new SOOMOKU active Boxed subwoofer DSW-300B is truly awsome.

Pro quality sound. Excellent frequency response from 20 hz to 125 hz.

The inbuilt Class D amp has an active crossover, gain level and a 0 - 180 degree continuosly variable phase control. The Class D amp is very energy efficient and is very gentle on your Batteries.

Build quality is excellent too. Quality and acoustic properties of the enclosure are outstanding.

The result is bass that is powerful, tight and very accurate.

The Subwoofer retails at approx. Rs 14,000 (including the amp). Which is unbelievable value for money. With brands like JBL, KICKER, Rockford Fosgate, one will have to shell out more than twice that amount (if not more) for similar quality sound.

Warranty : 1 year
After sales: Excellent
Most Impressive feature: Accuracy and tightness of the bass

Available In Delhi at Elegant accessories, Lajpat Nagar. Ph: 9811228552, 9811087262.

NOIDA:--- Smart Car: 9810052446

Bangalore --- Auto planet (9845019192) Koramangala, Car Tracks (9341247282), Pit stop: 9845090027

In Mangalore/ Manipal----- Car Decor : 9343561417
a clear sign of marketing a product.....thats alll.......

navin ji your are right.....
Old 12th September 2006, 11:12   #4318

Quote:
B&T, how many brothers can you indentify who have actually heard the product under consideration? audiophanatic has already mentioned, and I repeat that it is not at all fair to judge a product based on an year (or more) older products by the same manufacturer, and "rather forciably" applying it to the current one. Simple reason is that the two may be entirely different in terms of materials and technology etc. What about your own experience? Is your opinion based on their 12" with so called class-x amp? If your answer happens to be negative, then IMHO you don't have any moral right even to get irritated with others
I completely agree. SAM seems to the only critic of soomoku here who seems to have a sense of logic. Esteem lover seems to be seriously deprived of this faculty. He has clearly demonstrated that in his reponse to santosh's comment.
Old 12th September 2006, 11:20   #4319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofanatic
I completely agree. SAM seems to the only critic of soomoku here who seems to have a sense of logic. Esteem lover seems to be seriously deprived of this faculty. He has clearly demonstrated that in his reponse to santosh's comment.
When I stated that I had heard the Sumoku 1 year ago i meant it as a disclaimer. I remember also posting that Mr. Palesha (at that time) had told me that he would be introducing other woofers that better suited my tastes later.

There is no need to abuse anyone.
Old 12th September 2006, 11:29   #4320
Senior - BHPian

Santosh

This is probably my first post to you. I have been reading your (and others) posts. Some things I would like to say here...

Welcome to TBHP-ICE. We are a small community of ICE enthusiasts (professionals too but then we're enthusiasts first) and we love being here. I have been here for a year now. And what I realise is how much we have changed in the past one year. We have grown to be highly tolerant of some brands and products, and we tend to laugh at others.

This is simply due to the fact that the tastes of most (not all) people here are geared towards SQ and they have found very few products that actually deserve the hype. We tend to rubbish Xenos, Dhoom etc based on the fact that these are bottom rung chinese products being forced down the indian consumers throats.

All forums also develop a psyche over time. Certain type of people hang out on certain forums and others on other forums. There are forums that are known to be SQ forums and despite the fact that they do have an SPL section, there is little to no activity there. I think TBHP-ICE has evolved into a discerning forum and we have strong likes and dislikes. Fortunately (or Un-), there arent many choices in the Indian area for ICE forums, else there would be one where fans of Dhoom, Sony, Xenos etc would rubbish established brands like JBL etc regularly.

I get your point. And I also get what others are trying to say to you. Santosh, take no offence with others here, they're just being defensive about this forum. That goes for you too Audiofanatic. That just shows you how much they love being here. Lets please get back to discussing audio. Enjoy your stay here.

Navinji: C'mon old man . Stop threatning us. We are not gonna let you go anywhere. I cant imagine this forum without you. And as usual you're right.

Others: Guys, give the somokoo guys a break. Though I'm sure Santosh isnt one of them, he's justa newbie who is peeved with the opinionated lot that we are. Lets keep a more open mind. I know, I'm probably the most opinionated person here, but I realise that there should be space for everything here, and i am trying to change. Everything means, the good AND the bad. If some people like Somokoo, so be it. If they dont like JBL, so be it. If they think Hertz is crap, so be it. Why do our opinions have to be stuffed down someone elses throat. To quote one of the most famous lines in modern history, "Why cant we all just get along"...

Somokoo Bros: Dudes. Cut the crap. Your stuff is already in the market and I guess if we have a few users here, your products are doing well. End of the day, what matters is the sound. If your newer products sound great, more power to you. Like Navinji, I hope we have a respectable homebred (or even China sourced) sub brand of our own one day. Good Luck to you. Just dont try promoting any brand here the way it has been done in the past. THAT is NOT tolerated here.

Just my .02, B&T please dont attack me.

Last edited by gunbir : 12th September 2006 at 11:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks