Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 14:46   #4231
Senior - BHPian

not search this thread, i said search the forum, there is a "Comprehensive" review of soomookooooo subs. check that out first.
here is the link, in case you did not find it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-speakers.html
Old 5th September 2006, 15:04   #4232

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
not search this thread, i said search the forum, there is a "Comprehensive" review of soomookooooo subs. check that out first.
here is the link, in case you did not find it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-speakers.html
I had seen that too. But it sounded more like a peronal war between some guys, not a geniune review.

Navin seems to have something personal against Mr. palesha and Vikram seemed to have some special affinity.

So id really like some unbaised views from someone who has recently heard his products. I am specially interested in their twelve incher.
Old 5th September 2006, 15:19   #4233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofanatic
I had seen that too. But it sounded more like a peronal war between some guys, not a geniune review.

Navin seems to have something personal against Mr. palesha and Vikram seemed to have some special affinity.

So id really like some unbaised views from someone who has recently heard his products. I am specially interested in their twelve incher.
no body here, least of all, Navin, has anything against any individual or company. I dont know the bloke personally, but from what i have seen & heard, i think i can vouch for him.
i would also suggest you read the ICE-Posting Rules.
Old 5th September 2006, 15:27   #4234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Navin's views are unbiased. And they are his. It's up to you to ask for his opinion to them or not. Mine, I'd like to think are unbiased, but my heart and soul is JBL so it gets a little clouded sometimes. All in all, most audio enthusuasts are of the opinion that there are better products avaiable (for the same value) from other brands.
However if there is someone who is impressed with sumuko (i wasn't) and thought there was othing better at that price i haven't met him yet.
Hope this helps. Boom.
Old 5th September 2006, 15:32   #4235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Navin's views are unbiased. And they are his. It's up to you to ask for his opinion to them or not. Mine, I'd like to think are unbiased, but my heart and soul is JBL so it gets a little clouded sometimes. All in all, most audio enthusuasts are of the opinion that there are better products avaiable (for the same value) from other brands.
However if there is someone who is impressed with sumuko (i wasn't) and thought there was othing better at that price i haven't met him yet.
Hope this helps. Boom.
woah! thanks sam, it was getting kinda hot in here.
Old 5th September 2006, 15:36   #4236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin seems to have something personal against Mr. palesha and Vikram seemed to have some special affinity..
Firstly, thanks Esteem and Sam for your faith.

I have nothing against Mr. Palesha. In fact I have met Mahendra and I can affrim that he a plesant enough person. This is serious misinformation. I have never in any of my posts said anything against Mr. Palesha. I never could have because I have nothing personal against him. In fact I remember him being very very helpful to a DIYer in Brazil called Carlos (some time ago).

BTW I am NOT part of the audio fraternity nor am I invested (monetarily or otherwise) in any company having any business in home, car or professional audio (manufacturer, dealer, installer or distributor) in India or outside India.

As far as the Sumoku subs are concerned. I can tell you that I have listened to this twice in 2 different enviroments (on both occasions Mr. Palesha was present) and each time I was disappointed. On the frist occasion I even commented that the bass was boomy, lumpy, etc... and Mahendra said somethig to the effect that these subs were made for a different audience. An audience that actually wanted the boom.

The subs used by Cadence were probably tuned differently. Cadence BTW uses drivers made by Eton in their speakers. I know becuase I know Ajay too. Both he and Mehendra are from Poona (Pune). That reminds me Ajay promised to introduce me to the orignal "Paaji". Now where is that man! ...:-)

Last edited by navin : 5th September 2006 at 15:41.
Old 5th September 2006, 15:47   #4237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
woah! thanks sam, it was getting kinda hot in here.
This is the ICE section dudeeeeeeeeee, cant let it get hot in here

Also, audiofanatic, to come in here and suggest that Navin ji has a personal grudge or bias I felt was in bad taste.

Anyway since the "grand old man of audio" has not taken offence, theres nothing more to be said!!
Old 5th September 2006, 16:07   #4238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
This is the ICE section dudeeeeeeeeee, cant let it get hot in here

Also, audiofanatic, to come in here and suggest that Navin ji has a personal grudge or bias I felt was in bad taste.

Anyway since the "grand old man of audio" has not taken offence, theres nothing more to be said!!
yeah, you are right. the ICE was beginning to melt, until sam & navin arrived to cool it again. lol
Old 5th September 2006, 16:30   #4239

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Firstly, thanks Esteem and Sam for your faith.

I have nothing against Mr. Palesha. In fact I have met Mahendra and I can affrim that he a plesant enough person. This is serious misinformation. I have never in any of my posts said anything against Mr. Palesha. I never could have because I have nothing personal against him. In fact I remember him being very very helpful to a DIYer in Brazil called Carlos (some time ago).

BTW I am NOT part of the audio fraternity nor am I invested (monetarily or otherwise) in any company having any business in home, car or professional audio (manufacturer, dealer, installer or distributor) in India or outside India.

As far as the Sumoku subs are concerned. I can tell you that I have listened to this twice in 2 different enviroments (on both occasions Mr. Palesha was present) and each time I was disappointed. On the frist occasion I even commented that the bass was boomy, lumpy, etc... and Mahendra said somethig to the effect that these subs were made for a different audience. An audience that actually wanted the boom.

The subs used by Cadence were probably tuned differently. Cadence BTW uses drivers made by Eton in their speakers. I know becuase I know Ajay too. Both he and Mehendra are from Poona (Pune). That reminds me Ajay promised to introduce me to the orignal "Paaji". Now where is that man! ...:-)
Im sorry if i have hurt any feelings here. I dont know anything about anybody here. I just expressed my views on what i read here. There were some comments in the earlier thread that sounded like a little personally directed criticism at the manufacturer. Anyways, i could be wrong. I apologise if my interpretations are incorrect.

Navin, you say that the cadence subs maybe tuned differently.
I heard it in the recent past ( a month and a half). I dont know how long it has been since you heard the soomoku subs.

I havent heard the car subs so cant say anything about them.

I can say one thing however. If they can make subs like those i heard in the cadence installations, that definitely demonstrates considerable technical capability.

What you felt about the car subs (boomy etc) may also be true. You quoted Mr. palesha saying that those subs were directed at a different segment of the market. Maybe he also has some subs that are made for genuine audiophiles. I dont see why he shouldnt.

I'd like to find out.

Can someone please give me the telephone number of palesha or any of his dealers ?
Old 5th September 2006, 17:22   #4240
Team-BHP Support

I have heard his car subs as well as his home audio subs about a year or more back. He did promise to introduce better tuned subs in the future but I have not heard from Palesha since (not that I have tried to contact him). I dont have his phone number handy but you could email him at palesha@vsnl.com.
Old 5th September 2006, 17:48   #4241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin, you say that the cadence subs maybe tuned differently.
I heard it in the recent past ( a month and a half). I dont know how long it has been since you heard the soomoku subs.
The Cadence guys (read as someone employed with Mr. Ajay Shirke's Cadence division) installed this setup themselves?

If Mahendra installed it, it would be inappropriate to say "Cadence installed", because he is a multi-brand dealer.

And you don't mention what speakers went with this. I wouldn't suppose they used the subs with Cadence speakers!

Quote:
I can say one thing however. If they can make subs like those i heard in the cadence installations, that definitely demonstrates considerable technical capability.
A gym is the best place to evaluate the hi-fi charachteristics of a sub? I mean, how can you tell until you were in a sweet spot or something like that? And where exactly can one find the sweet spot in a gym with something like a background music system? That sure is tough on me.

Quote:
What you felt about the car subs (boomy etc) may also be true. You quoted Mr. palesha saying that those subs were directed at a different segment of the market. Maybe he also has some subs that are made for genuine audiophiles. I dont see why he shouldnt. I'd like to find out.
Yeah, he's right. He's got a good pair of ears, and they (the subs in concern) sure are a letdown as far as "technical capability" of a car subwoofer is concerned.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 5th September 2006 at 18:03.
Old 5th September 2006, 18:11   #4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
The Cadence guys (read as someone employed with Mr. Ajay Shirke's Cadence division) installed this setup themselves?

If Mahendra installed it, it would be inappropriate to say "Cadence installed", because he is a multi-brand dealer.

And you don't mention what speakers went with this. I wouldn't suppose they used the subs with Cadence speakers!

A gym is the best place to evaluate the hi-fi charachteristics of a sub? I mean, how can you tell until you were in a sweet spot or something like that? And where exactly can one find the sweet spot in a gym with something like a background music system? That sure is tough on me.

Yeah, he's right. He's got a good pair of ears, and they (the subs in concern) sure are a letdown as far as "technical capability" of a car subwoofer is concerned.
Well the cadence guys themselves installed it. They have used cadence speakers as well.

I wouldn't have called it a cadence installation otherwise. I also learnt that Cadence has, of late, been regularly using palesha's subs in many of their installations.

And i found the gym environment good enough to judge the sub.
As far as the sweet spot is concerned. The whole idea is to position the sub in such a place so that there is not real sweet spot. The installation has been very well done (Thanks to the Cadence guys im sure).

Maybe you should go there and check it out yourself. They dont play it like "background music" You'll know what i mean if you visit the place sometime.
Old 5th September 2006, 18:28   #4243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

hey pal, where are you now ??? now you are getting unbiased views & you are not around to read them.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 5th September 2006 at 18:29.
Old 5th September 2006, 21:55   #4244
Senior - BHPian

Amp Guts !!!!

Now for some more "unbiased" views, hehe

After visiting the "amp guts" archives I decided to open up my amp and see what its packing (2 channel amp that will juice the gt4 - 15" subbie)

1. Yes chinese construction
2. No fan- but heatsinks seem pretty big
3. Im aware that this will give me power, but the sound filtering may not be that great (another reason I want good wiring).

Bring on your opinions, rip it up !!!
Old 5th September 2006, 21:57   #4245
Team-BHP Support

huh, esteem where did that come from? Audio Fanatic is around.

Cadence does use their DS series components for less audiophile and more rugged enviroments. a gym would be such an install. The DS has a 8" or 6" woofer (depeding on the model DS or Arita) and could use some help with the last octave.

Still the 12" woofer sold by Palesha (to he public) might not be exactly the same machine used by Cadence. Palesha might have sourced a quicker 12" woofer for Cadence as the woofers I have heard so far would distract from the sound of the Cadence DS (8") which i have heard. Remember I said might. I have not spoken to Ajay or Mahendra about this relationship and never will. It is their business not mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks