Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2006, 17:04   #4186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Any ways my wife`s name is Gina. Thats why I asked....
Wow! that is a coincidence...and my uncle's name is Bob. I am serious.
Old 29th August 2006, 19:17   #4187
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.... navin ji is your uncle the person in my avatar by any chance?? hehehe
Old 30th August 2006, 09:33   #4188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Hmmm.... navin ji is your uncle the person in my avatar by any chance?? hehehe
i wish. Nope Uncle Bob is about 6' 7" and 300lbs. Besides he wont appreciate some of Mr. Marley's philisophies! :-). Wont drive above 55mph either.
Old 30th August 2006, 12:49   #4189
BHPian

where can i procure good dampaning sheets in bulk at a cheaper cost
Old 30th August 2006, 23:08   #4190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
i wish. Nope Uncle Bob is about 6' 7" and 300lbs. Besides he wont appreciate some of Mr. Marley's philisophies! :-). Wont drive above 55mph either.
Unca bob sure is hulkish! Maybe not in the company of Sam, gunman, jb etc (but he is close to a foot taller than me... not to mention double the poundage!!! )

oooooooh mr.marley's philosophies A legend amongst the legends.
Old 30th August 2006, 23:12   #4191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kURETI
where can i procure good dampaning sheets in bulk at a cheaper cost
Well, in bulk, in Bangalore, Wurth is your only option. However the AZcomp damping sheets are pretty well priced too.
Old 30th August 2006, 23:54   #4192
Senior - BHPian

Yeah fonomat's priced decently, im hoping to dampen the front doors and boot at the very least.

I think I might ultimately have to settle for dampening the front with fonomat and maybe use wurth or some alternate dampening for the rest of the area's

Last edited by s0uljah : 31st August 2006 at 00:00.
Old 31st August 2006, 00:07   #4193

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Howdy! I was introduced to this forum by Revvhead, who I see has put up a few pictures of the old JBL palio.
Well i have a lot of pictures of great sounding cars (naturally), which i'll put up sometimes.
Nice to be here, hope to meet some interesting folks.

Ok so... I'm happy to offer advice on Car Sound. Like serious advice. I'm what you call "qualified"

Maybe i should start up a new car audio thread, dunno, help me here.
Hi Sam I am buying base model of Chevy Optra which comes with factory fitted Blaupunkt Cassette player, which I want to keep it. But along with it I want to install a CD/MP3 player of Blaupunkt, which model do you suggest for the same? Also let me know whether it is techinically possible to have two separate player installed or do you recommend that I remove the original cassette player and install a combo unit? Please advise.
Thanks
Manish
Old 31st August 2006, 09:16   #4194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishmistry
Hi Sam I am buying base model of Chevy Optra which comes with factory fitted Blaupunkt Cassette player, which I want to keep it. But along with it I want to install a CD/MP3 player of Blaupunkt, which model do you suggest for the same? Also let me know whether it is techinically possible to have two separate player installed or do you recommend that I remove the original cassette player and install a combo unit? Please advise.
Thanks
Manish
Wwwoow, you just quoted the very first post i made on Team-BHP. Are you telling me you did not read through the 4000 odd posts yet? bad boy lol

It is technically possible to have two HU's but difficult. Besides why would you want to keep the original HU?
Old 31st August 2006, 10:13   #4195
Team-BHP Support

Anything is possible Sam, anything. Even "dumping" 4 Bass tubes in a Octavia!
Old 31st August 2006, 10:30   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sam I am buying base model of Chevy Optra which comes with factory fitted Blaupunkt Cassette player, which I want to keep it. But along with it I want to install a CD/MP3 player of Blaupunkt, which model do you suggest for the same?
Hi Manish.. dont forget to bargain with the dealer and get the free upgrade to an MP3 player (I did).. Since you want Blaupunkt they will give you one.. you just need to push hard. Try the Bahamas (MP46 I think) or above. They will have a 3 preamp outs. They were giving me the Maui which i then put in my BILs car.. since the sub out of the Maui is fixed.

Last edited by jinu_joseph : 31st August 2006 at 10:34.
Old 31st August 2006, 20:13   #4197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Wwwoow, you just quoted the very first post i made on Team-BHP. Are you telling me you did not read through the 4000 odd posts yet? bad boy lol

It is technically possible to have two HU's but difficult. Besides why would you want to keep the original HU?
Thanks for your reply Sam. I am new to blogs hence I quoted your first post. So your recommendation is to install alltogether new HU? I wanted to keep the original as I think selling that off would not give me good price.

Regards
Manish
Old 1st September 2006, 09:42   #4198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wanted to keep the original as I think selling that off would not give me good price.
Manish
Q: why do you want 2 HUs?

Yes you wont get a good price but even if you get 1K you can use that towards damping the front doors and improve overall sound quality. 2 Hus offer you no real improvement in sound quality.
Old 1st September 2006, 15:50   #4199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
Manish
i too have the same question to you sam et al. see, i have most of my collections on cassette which i have collected from my school days (1980s). and since i have discarded my stock HU (Cassette Player), I find that my entire cassette library is being wasted. i did consult my installer (if one can call him that), and what he said was that it could be done, but i would have to connect the front speakers to one HU & the rear to the other HU, which would wreck the soundstage. so i am looking for alternatives. why i did not think of asking this in the forum before , beats me . can anyone here help, please ???

Last edited by esteem_lover : 1st September 2006 at 15:53.
Old 1st September 2006, 16:26   #4200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
but i would have to connect the front speakers to one HU & the rear to the other HU,
Lol, and he calls himself an installer, eh?

There are 2 options (although I don't see where you will stick another HU in the esteem dash)

First (and best) option is to get a cassette HU with Aux-in. Or maybe the DVD player you are using has an Aux-In. So just connect one HU to the other with that. Select Aux on the master HU and listen to the AUX source.

If both HUs don't have a Aux facility, you can use the switcher, the kind that is used in demo boards. So you switch on only one HU at a time, and it still runs through all the speakers. But this can get a bit confusing (especially for installer uncle in concern), since you have the head unit connected to amplifiers and he'll have to organize pre-out switching also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks