Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 18:03   #4111
BHPian

I have a dumb query but i still thought I would go ahead and ask here for I know I would get the right answer here. So here goes...
My dad has a 3yr old Indica which has a sony casette player with Kenwood 6x9 speakers in the rear(srry dont remember the model nos) and now the rear left speaker has blown out i guess as it gives the karr-karr sound as soon as the volume is turned a bit high. My room mate has a ford Ikon with JVC player and some ford 6x9 speakers and his left rear speaker is giving the karr-karr sound and couple of my colleagues also have the rear left speaker blown. Now is this just a co-incidence or is there a logic to this. Someone said to me that all the music cassettes/CDs have more bass(low freqs) on left channel hence the left speakers blow out first.

Last edited by malgudi : 9th August 2006 at 18:05.
Old 9th August 2006, 19:31   #4112
Distinguished - BHPian

Malgudi unfortunately the only thing correct about your statement is the first line. Whoever gave you that mis-information is a fool and should be told thus.
Old 9th August 2006, 20:20   #4113
BHPian

tadaaaaaan..another question

gurus..i have another question.

The setup on our Swift at present consists of
--->Alpine HU cda-9853
--->4 channel JBL amp powering the 2 pair of infinity reference 6.5 inchcomps for the frnt and rear
--->2 channel Clarion Amp driving the boston sub ( Sam thought that it was an unusual choice )

My question is can i have a switching sort of mechanism whereby i can either use the head unit's amp to drive the component speakers or the 4 chnnel JBL Amp to drive the comps as they are doing now.

I hope it wasnt a foolish question.
Old 9th August 2006, 20:46   #4114
Distinguished - BHPian

The question isn't foolish. I mean, this is possible, but the first question that comes to mind is - WHY? would you want to change over between a high power amplifier, to a lower, not good enough amp inside the hu and degrade the sound?

That said, what you ask for is not impossible, but very difficult to create, in a user changeable environment. Can be done using a 4 DPDT relays and a small delay (soft start) circuit. If the ground was common it could have been done with 2 DPDT relays, but the speaker -ve connection in the amp is floating.
Old 10th August 2006, 13:50   #4115
Team-BHP Support

malgudi, like Sam says, pure conicidence.
Muni, like Sam asks, WHY?
Old 10th August 2006, 15:19   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
malgudi, like Sam says, pure conicidence.
Muni, like Sam asks, WHY?
Navi and Sam, Well the reasons are

1) I have heard the Alpine cda9851 amp powering the Boston components in my friends Indigo and the music sounds good.
2) Since the low frequencies are already being handled by the Clarion Amp/ Boston Sub combi, wouldnt it sound good also on our alpine cda-9853.

I dont intend to listen at higher volumes anyway and if the Amp is already designed to drive 4 speakers why not make use of them. Does using the Amp on the head unit affect its lifespan in anyway.

And lastly, there is always an urge to check/feel how different a song sounds with a different amplifier.

Has anybody done this?
Old 10th August 2006, 16:22   #4117
BHPian

Hi Folks i have a new question for the techies...
If i have a amp that has a freq rating 10Hz – 302Hz and it feeds a Sub that has a freq rating 26Hz - 300Hz do i need some find of filter in between to block the freq 10Hz to 26Hz from reaching the speaker ?? Actually the question is generic shouldnt i have a filter in front of every speaker so that it recevies freq only in the range it can handle ??
Old 10th August 2006, 16:50   #4118
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, this filter is called a sub-sonic filter. It's been discussed at length. Do a search.
Old 10th August 2006, 16:51   #4119
Senior - BHPian

genrally in all the amps there is a HPF (high pass filter) and LPF (low pass filter) and a freq knob to adjust the cut off freq.

It means that if the HPF is swicthed on only freq high than the cut off freq will be genrated through the amp....like wise if the LPF is switch on only low freq will pass through....u will be need to enable the LPF on the amp to fillter out the freq....

also this feature is avalable on the hu the signal feed to the amp is already filtered in sub out of the HU. so no need to change from the amp.......

oh sorry if figured it out the other side... anyways here is about the subsonic.......

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/261378-post76.html

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th August 2006 at 16:54.
Old 10th August 2006, 17:39   #4120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
1) I have heard the Alpine cda9851 amp powering the Boston components in my friends Indigo and the music sounds good.
2) Since the low frequencies are already being handled by the Clarion Amp/ Boston Sub combi, wouldnt it sound good also on our alpine cda-9853.
You can test both setups but building a ABX switch for this would be cumbersome and costly.

Alpine amps are quite nice. My Father in law uses his 9847 to drive 4 6" in the doors of his swift as well. but the advantage of replacing the HU's amp with an external amp are manyfold. (a) better bass control, (b) better power management inside the HU etc...
Old 10th August 2006, 18:33   #4121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
My Father in law uses his 9847 to drive 4 6" in the doors of his swift as well.
Boy, audio must run in the family for you guys. Not meant to be a pun
Old 10th August 2006, 20:12   #4122
Senior - BHPian

just off the topic I saw this photo on the team bhp main page....here it is

now I though I have seen this picture before so I scrached my head try to correlate it with the picture i have seen......before I could not remember where I have seen it

I searched through this massive thread starting from the page 1, 2, 3, 4,.....50 oh i lost my patience and leave it

But today I was searching the forum I saw this thread elegent cheated the customer in that thread on the page no 7 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/200268-post93.html
I saw this photo and I said my quest was over here is the photo....

Our guru logo in the pic....

Now Navin Ji and Sam Bhai will can tell that these two pics are from the same location same time ......Front and Back picture.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be waiting for comments Navin Ji and Sam Bhai.......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th August 2006 at 20:13.
Old 10th August 2006, 20:20   #4123
BHPian

good observation LBM .Seems to me from same loaction and almost same time.All the cars r same , that yellow paint on edge of floor and pole.

U got some serious stuff between ur ears mate.Only thing to learn is how to use it......in better way

Last edited by rsjaurr : 10th August 2006 at 20:23.
Old 10th August 2006, 21:24   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
U got some serious stuff between ur ears mate.Only thing to learn is how to use it......in better way
Dude, good job... but seriously........
Old 10th August 2006, 21:31   #4125
Senior - BHPian

thanks rsjaurr and gunbir......waiting what sam bhai and navin ji has to say about it.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks