Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2006, 17:15   #3931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
No, i don't agree there. He could put a 4" speaker from kingdom come and that's not what he's looking for. The location of the 4" in the new esteem is rubbish. Let's start with one basic question - what's your budget?

If you can spend between 5 to 6K, get a 6" component set. Get mounting rings, mount the 6" mid bass in the front doors. Mount the tweeter near the A pillar. Disconnect the 4" speakers and you will have fuller richer sound.
do u think it is ok to Mount the speakers on the door ??? with the slamming & banging, wouldn't it come loose ??? or the speakers could get killed ???
Old 12th July 2006, 17:17   #3932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
dump the tweeters and get a compo for teh frnt. Set the fader in the HU.

edit:
dont you have a 4incher at trh frnt?
i do have my front speakers...but i have connected my tweeters to my rear speaker for sharper sound in the front, cause i fade the sound to the rear speaker since the front speaker is pretty weak

Last edited by esteem_lover : 12th July 2006 at 17:29.
Old 12th July 2006, 21:52   #3933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
do u think it is ok to Mount the speakers on the door ??? with the slamming & banging, wouldn't it come loose ??? or the speakers could get killed ???
i dont think a commercial 6" or 5" woofer is gonna shake anything loose. It might self detruct before it does that.
Old 12th July 2006, 21:57   #3934
Distinguished - BHPian

Navin, I think he means the slamming and banging of the door.
Old 12th July 2006, 22:02   #3935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Navin, I think he means the slamming and banging of the door.
ok even then if the screws are put on tight it should be ok. if you want to be sure just put a drop of loctite on the screw.
Old 13th July 2006, 11:42   #3936
Senior - BHPian

i just wanna say it is ur car u wount be slamming door of it and taking juice out of it . If the installation procedure is good like all the screws are tightened and there is no play betwwen the speaker and the door they will not get damage. I have seen the local ICE installer use only two or three screw to just fix the stuff and leave the speaker hanging. They have a tendancey of just fix it and earn money nothing else. So when installing the stuff one should take good care so as to see that the installation is proper......
Old 13th July 2006, 11:56   #3937
Senior - BHPian

ok here comes a tricky question...... now all the experts on this forum navin sam gunbir b&t jb and many more will please answer to it......

in the pic below this setup is of scott buwalda, every body knows that he is a good installer and a champion in the field. so there is the system setup of his install...

my question is that the has the following crossover points

sub -> 31 hz down.
midbass-> 31-250 hz
mids -> 315-6300 hz
tweeters -> 6300hz up

now as to completely cover the whole freq spectrum the has installed all the speakers required and right amount of amplification....

Now the real question is that there is a big gap in the freq spread of the system. the diff is between the midbass and the mids that is from 250 hz to 315hz the freq in between this range are not in the system according to the diagram. Is this possible to have a good SQ install with this type of crossover points??????????? Is the freq from 250hz to 315hz are absent or very low as compared to the other freq from the setup????????

the above pic is taken from the following page....
http://www.roadgearmag.com/article.a...&page_number=1
Old 13th July 2006, 12:59   #3938
BHPian

Ask him what are the slopes on the crossover points. Crossover point is not the only thing which decides the sound.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:01   #3939
Senior - BHPian

Ok I will try that........

Anyways but how would u interpret the above and what slopes do u will give if u had the option above......
Old 13th July 2006, 13:12   #3940
BHPian

I cannot tell you on the paper. You need to get this car to me, then I will show you. Setting an active system is not theoretical.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:16   #3941
Team-BHP Support

besides the hole between 250 and 315 Hz is small. If either dirver has a rising response in that area it would easily compensate for this.

Crossovers (slope and frequency) are designed for specific drivers. So obviously scott must have accomodated this.
Old 13th July 2006, 13:57   #3942
BHPian

I guess this is on paper and more of tech. spec here. Need to hook up all these and then decide and tune depending upon the crossover and the slope that each driver can handle.
Old 13th July 2006, 16:19   #3943
Senior - BHPian

Like Navin said, Scott must have done this in order to accomodate for a peak in the response of one or both of the drivers, and if he would have had the crossover points overlapping like in normal situations where -3dB points of both drivers coincide, then he would have perhaps faced a peak due to summation at that point. Here, he probably smoothens it out by deliberately distancing the crossover frequencies.

Now, all these are assumptions. Thats why I say 'probably'. It's not like I own some software that can make me look at the flow-chart and tell you what's really going on. But that's as far or near as I can go with the available information. There's a good chance that I could be wrong, or that there's a misprint in the sheet you have attached, or that I am overlooking some other aspects, or that the difference in the crossover points is really causing a hole in the audible frequency spectrum.
Old 13th July 2006, 17:24   #3944
BHPian

ipod or a creative mp3 player for the Alpine HU

After getting your valuable suggestions in ICEing our Car, i need you guys to suggest me a good Mp3 player which i intend to connect to the Alpine CDA-9853. Will also be using it to store images and listening to songs at home= apart from the car.
Will be getting it through a friend of mine from the US so the price may work out relatively less than India.

Am looking at a player which has

1) Good quality audio playback
2) Good battery life
3) video playback
4) Good audio controls
5) Useful Features
6) Good value for money

Also do let me the audio accessories that need to be bought and a rough idea as to how much they cost.

Am looking at the ipod 30 Gb foto and the creative zen vision 30 Gb. Here are the links for your reference

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1892275,00.asp

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1875074,00.asp

I know Navin uses the ipod on his cars. Also ppl who are using Mp3 players on your cars and the audio gurus, pls give your valuable suggestions.

Another question is a friend of mine in Jeddah says he is getting the N91 ( 4 gb nokia mobile phone for 19 K INR) and since i need a blue tooth/ mp3 playback handset, is this a possible option also. How does the mobile phones fare in audio clarity if i intend to connect to the Car audio/ Home audio.

Sam, B&T, Navin, Vivek,Gunbir,Autophile,Bass and trouble makker and ppl...your inputs awaited
Old 13th July 2006, 18:15   #3945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
Sam, B&T, Navin, Vivek,Gunbir,Autophile,Bass and trouble makker and ppl...your inputs awaited
.... lol... Judgement... or Prophecy???

Buddy B&T... You are getting ...well... mated!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks