Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 11:26   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
How would you guys rate audiobahn.
Lets ask Tool... or Panky... both are former Audioshyte users...
Old 6th July 2006, 11:27   #3887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
You could have used a spare wheel install with the RF sub. Viper uses it and with some damping ti can make for decent bass with little loss of the rear space.
Any special reason Navin for the spare wheel install or just to save some boot space. Is the sealed box install of the RF sub going to give me more punch than the spare wheel install; what do you think?
Old 6th July 2006, 11:29   #3888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Yes, bad websites bug me too. Incidentally I've never perceived the Hertz website as a bad design. And folks generally like it. However, you must be seeing something we dont. Do PM me your comments, I will pass them on to the guys in Italy.
gunbir; i'll send you my feedback regarding the website just PM me your email id.
Old 6th July 2006, 13:55   #3889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by delu
Any special reason Navin for the spare wheel install or just to save some boot space. Is the sealed box install of the RF sub going to give me more punch than the spare wheel install; what do you think?
A spare wheel sub might not be sealed but if well damped can sound pretty good. Yes the real advnatage is saving boot space the disadvantage is that it cannot be removed without exposing your spare wheel and if you ever need your spare wheel be prepared to lift a rather heavy board. So heavy that is a car like the Skoda it is darn near impossible for small people like me.
Old 6th July 2006, 15:23   #3890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Lets ask Tool... or Panky... both are former Audioshyte users...
ok got it. more abt this sometime next week
Old 6th July 2006, 20:21   #3891
BHPian

Quote:
A spare wheel sub might not be sealed but if well damped can sound pretty good. Yes the real advnatage is saving boot space the disadvantage is that it cannot be removed without exposing your spare wheel and if you ever need your spare wheel be prepared to lift a rather heavy board. So heavy that is a car like the Skoda it is darn near impossible for small people like me.
ha ha ha ha..... ..... navin you want me to join body-building just to remove the sub....
Old 6th July 2006, 22:51   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ha ha ha ha..... ..... navin you want me to join body-building just to remove the sub....
it wont ne that heavy. some 10kgs or so was what i think it would be
Old 6th July 2006, 23:05   #3893
Team-BHP Support

I lifted Viper's board and it was plenty heavy for me under the conditions that I would lifitng the spare with the other hand and looking for a the jack etc...

My Octy's board would be about 20kgs.
Old 7th July 2006, 05:14   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
I lifted Viper's board and it was plenty heavy for me under the conditions that I would lifitng the spare with the other hand and looking for a the jack etc...

My Octy's board would be about 20kgs.
navin, as we can see jk in his avatar and i believe he is quiet nicely built (!!!!!!!!!!); why don't you ask him to lift the board of your octy whenever you feel there is a need and then we will enjoy the whole story from you.....................

BTW; where is our long haired funny guy????

Last edited by delu : 7th July 2006 at 05:23.
Old 7th July 2006, 05:53   #3895
Senior - BHPian

hehe, so I should keep that avatar. NOw, where's teh long funny haired guy?

SWWS thingy will help you retain boot space. And you are not gonna lift the thing daily. Hope you saw the installation pix of the same.
Old 7th July 2006, 09:56   #3896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
hehe, so I should keep that avatar. NOw, where's teh long funny haired guy?

SWWS thingy will help you retain boot space. And you are not gonna lift the thing daily. Hope you saw the installation pix of the same.
I have had the poor misfortune of being chauffered most days and on the 3 occasions I had a flat I was NOT being chauffered and on 2 of these occasions it was raining.

BTW The flat was not in the same car. One was in a Zen near Mela at Worli, one was in my Contessa near Nanavati at Ville Parle (both in rains) and the last was in my Astra on a dry day at Mahim near Bombay Scottish School.

After that i make sure that my spare is easily available.
Old 7th July 2006, 10:41   #3897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have had the poor misfortune of being chauffered most days and on the 3 occasions I had a flat I was NOT being chauffered and on 2 of these occasions it was raining.

BTW The flat was not in the same car. One was in a Zen near Mela at Worli, one was in my Contessa near Nanavati at Ville Parle (both in rains) and the last was in my Astra on a dry day at Mahim near Bombay Scottish School.

After that i make sure that my spare is easily available.
Wow! the great old man sure does carry his own gym around! come rain or whatever!

And, on a second thought, teh SWWS should weigh 10kg + as we ahev that 1inch thick mdf, a 12inch sub, damping and an amp on top!
Old 7th July 2006, 13:29   #3898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW; where is our long haired funny guy????

Yeah! Who's this long haired funny guy?
Old 7th July 2006, 13:45   #3899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Yeah! Who's this long haired funny guy?
I think they are talking about this chap Sam

Old 9th July 2006, 01:05   #3900
Senior - BHPian

People was search the net for the reviews about different company who manufacture car speakers. I found out about the dls the scan speak the ID and many other , but not about hertz is there any site where can I find out more info about the hertz products , from my personal experince it is a europian product and is not popular in the us,but any way if any site please post the link of the same as it will be helpful to me and other on this forum....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks