Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:24   #3841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil
Could I get some advice about which brand/model of free air subs I should be looking for please. I'm not sure about which size would be the best fit, but I imagine a 12" sub should fit in a Palio's 14" upside-down spare wheel rim.

This will go into my Palio and most likely be driven off a JBL 75.4 or a CS 60.4, which will also power the front components.

Front speakers are likely to be GTO 607s and for the rear, I'll shoehorn in the largest speakers (JBL?) a Palio can take within the stock pods.

Thanks!
Use a type E 12inch Sub from Alpine -
Old 3rd July 2006, 18:06   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
That would still be 5.25" in the rear, unless you make a pod.
Would you please elaborate!
Old 4th July 2006, 10:51   #3843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would you please elaborate!
I mean, the rear stock location on a palio is 5.25". You cannot accomodate a larger speaker unless you create a custom location.
Old 4th July 2006, 11:26   #3844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean, the rear stock location on a palio is 5.25". You cannot accomodate a larger speaker unless you create a custom location.
Wow... Sams posts are getting serious by the day... whatsay folks...
Old 4th July 2006, 11:56   #3845
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sam. I guess I was wondering if there's some 'miracle' solution the gurus could come up with. Satish was able to fit 6" 607's into his front door pods with some very minor surgery to the map pocket plastic casing - so I was wondering if this would be possible in the rear as well. Nothing like it if I can take my Pio ovals off the shelf and squeeze in 937's into the rear stock locations though! (now, if wishes were horses...)

If JBL free air subs are available through your dealer network in Hyderabad, which model should I be looking for?
Old 4th July 2006, 11:58   #3846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro
thanks for the input Prince. Assuming you went through my original post. Could suggest any other 4 channel amp to drive the 4 cones inside the car since the Alpine is way off track of my budget.
?
Why dont you consider the Alpine 240 amp which sells for 10k. Its a great SQ amp with decent power which will compliment your Front/Rear Infinity speakers perfectly.

You can also consider the JBL GTO 75.4 for 13k which is more powerful than the Alpine 240.

My suggestion would be to go in for the Alpine 240(love it for its sweetness)

Take your pick.

But if you are on a budget then you can opt for the Pioneer 6100F for 6.5k. Its a good budget 4ch amp.

Last edited by prince85 : 4th July 2006 at 12:00.
Old 4th July 2006, 11:59   #3847
Team-BHP Support

Is the 240 still available?
Old 4th July 2006, 12:02   #3848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kURETI
Use a type E 12inch Sub from Alpine -
Thanks Venu - it doesn't look like Hyderabad's too fond of Alpine though. I will ask around, but I'm honestly getting tired of getting blank stares and advice like, "Believe me, Alpine sucks, you'd be better off with anything else". I ended up buying a Pio 6850.

Based on your avatar, would TMC in B'lore be linked to TMC in Hyderabad? And if that's the case, are the Hyd folks getting as serious as B'lore is about ICE?
Old 4th July 2006, 12:43   #3849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If JBL free air subs are available through your dealer network in Hyderabad, which model should I be looking for?
You should be looking at the GTO1202D or the GT4-12(my favourite)
Old 4th July 2006, 12:45   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Based on your avatar, would TMC in B'lore be linked to TMC in Hyderabad? And if that's the case, are the Hyd folks getting as serious as B'lore is about ICE?
Naveen, I think Bangalore TMC is different. Check their link: http://www.tmc-electronics.com.

They deal with only car audio whereas Hyd deals with consumer durables.
Old 4th July 2006, 13:06   #3851
Senior - BHPian

Naveen. I don't think modding the rear speaker pods will be as easy as modding the front pods because the speakers are directly screwed to the pods unlike in the front where doors provide the support to the speakers. Also it may not be a very clean job.

Do you already have pioneer ovals in your car? I would suggest replace the parcel shelf with MDF panel and install the speakers in the panel.

As you are also planning to put woofer, why don't you think about putting components in the rear too? In my car, i observed that for the people in the back seat rear ovals are spoiling the effect from the components in the front. But my ovals are Sony. May be JBL coaxials will be different. Gurus, please suggest.

Believe me, the 607 components made lot of difference to my music. Can't wait to put another amp and woofer. Funny thing is my wife who is not a keen music listener and not aware that i have spent 6500 for the new speaker immediately felt the difference. She thinks that Rs. 400 worth small tiny speakers on the dashboard (i lied her about the JBL tweeters) made all the difference.
Old 4th July 2006, 13:34   #3852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Believe me, the 607 components made lot of difference to my music. Can't wait to put another amp and woofer. Funny thing is my wife who is not a keen music listener and not aware that i have spent 6500 for the new speaker immediately felt the difference. She thinks that Rs. 400 worth small tiny speakers on the dashboard (i lied her about the JBL tweeters) made all the difference.
Here is a pirate after my own heart. Believe me my boy, we all do that. Why I am sure KB100's wife thinks he has bought an amplifier for 5000 rupees!!
Old 4th July 2006, 14:05   #3853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Wow... Sams posts are getting serious by the day... whatsay folks...
Nai yaar, I am thinking of giving up all the masti and sexual innuendo and all that filthy sinful humour. Buss ho gaya bhaiyo...

This lafada wants no more bhasad.

NOT!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 4th July 2006, 14:33   #3854
BHPian

Sam, i hope you and other Mumbaiwale are not affected by the rain.
Old 4th July 2006, 14:53   #3855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nai yaar, I am thinking of giving up all the masti and sexual innuendo and all that filthy sinful humour. Buss ho gaya bhaiyo...

This lafada wants no more bhasad.

NOT!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Hahahahahahhahaha....... speaking of bhasad, its scorching hot here... Sam... I am seriously in a "Janta" mood since yesterday... hehehe... man that place was fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks