Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2006, 12:00   #3751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
satish , seems your config looks fine. Do upgrade later. Its for a Palio 1.6 right?
JK, my car is Palio D.
Old 26th June 2006, 12:04   #3752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky
My next question is to SAM and a few people in Bangalore. I am planning to get this set up done at FX AUDIO in Bangalore - who are the dealers for JBL/Infinity...I have a friend who works on the operations side (name starts with A after a great Indian ruler...he knows you sam) works there and have met a few cool people who work there as well. But, are they good? My other option is Sachin Auto shop...but I prefer FX since I know folks.
cheers!
My dear Venky,

Mr. Ashok Venugopal is the Operations manager for JBL/infinity car audio for the whole south India. If you are his friend, you are pretty set for good prices
Preetam will do your setup and he has a fairly good reputation here at TBHP.

And yes lol, I daresay ashok will know me.
Old 26th June 2006, 12:39   #3753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
My dear Venky,

Mr. Ashok Venugopal is the Operations manager for JBL/infinity car audio for the whole south India. If you are his friend, you are pretty set for good prices
Preetam will do your setup and he has a fairly good reputation here at TBHP.

And yes lol, I daresay ashok will know me.
Heh heh, I can kiss you now!

I checked out some of the JBL Home theatre series too when I was there...good god, the 5.1 for 20k is pretty good value for money with a nice in built amp.

Cant wait to get this show on the road...guess Belden cables should do?

cheers
Old 26th June 2006, 12:43   #3754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now guys too ..... SAMMIIEeeee.... you are indeed HAPPENNING!!!
Old 26th June 2006, 12:47   #3755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I checked out some of the JBL Home theatre series too when I was there...good god, the 5.1 for 20k is pretty good value for money with a nice in built amp.

Cant wait to get this show on the road...guess Belden cables should do?

cheers
You dont need to use belden cable with the 20K home theatre. In fact that comes with it's own cable. Anyways, that is a topic for the gadgets section I think. Enjoy your sound and I know the guys will help you there.

KB? I'm half italian. Kissing guys is ok as far as I'm concerned. If you don't have a moustache, I'll kiss you too!
Old 26th June 2006, 13:00   #3756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KB? I'm half italian.
... WHICH HALF....... ???
Old 26th June 2006, 15:16   #3757

Quote:
You dont need to use belden cable with the 20K home theatre. In fact that comes with it's own cable.
Sorry Sam, The "show" i meant was my ICE. Belden cables for the ICE. Good/bad/ugly?

cheers
Old 26th June 2006, 15:31   #3758
Distinguished - BHPian

Belden in ICE will be very good
Old 26th June 2006, 22:58   #3759
BHPian

Quote:
satish , seems your config looks fine. Do upgrade later. Its for a Palio 1.6 right?

and kb,its l a eye D. got it?

and Delu, how much would it cost and guys can you comment on that product?

Regarding Pyle PLAD-618 6 Channel amp, performance is impressive and that also at a price tag of around $225. Delivers ample power, so no issues. One of the cheapest of its category, so again a plus.

Another good choice may be Infinity Reference 5761a which is a 6 channel amp and out of several options it can be used at 56 watts RMS x 4 + 107 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (80 watts RMS x 4 + 148 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms). You can check the specs for other options. I personally cudn't differentiate much between the two but again to mention I tested both of them using Polk and Rockford subs, so dont have any idea of how they'll sound with JBL, Sony, alpine subs. But this one is a lil bigger on price tag around $425.

Let others share their findings.
Old 26th June 2006, 23:00   #3760
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys speaking of cable I had some time today (thanks to some virus that messed up my PCs) to test some relatively cheap interconnect cables called Percon Broadcast Video Cable VK63 80798. Friend wired my wife's sail with 3 pairs (Front/Rear ans Sub) with this cable and while the bass is not as immediate it was good for the price and the midrange was so nice that I am keeping them for the front and rear instead of the belden. I figure they will break in soon and might sound even better.

BTW I did not get a price. I only know they are cheaper than Belden.
Old 26th June 2006, 23:05   #3761
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by delu
Regarding Pyle PLAD-618 6 Channel amp
Another good choice may be Infinity Reference 5761a...
I personally cudn't differentiate much between the two but again to mention I tested both of them using Polk and Rockford subs...
I have reason to believe that the JBL 60.4 / 301.1 combo (total 20K) might outshine the Infinity and maybe the Pyle too. Yet at $225 the Pyle might be a good budget amp like apna Sony 504/502.

BTW the only reason i mention JBL here is becuase JBL and Infinity come from the same stable and the JBLs are far easier to get in India than the Pyle or Infinity.

Last edited by navin : 26th June 2006 at 23:08.
Old 27th June 2006, 07:48   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Sam, look what I found http://motorcyclistonline.com/newsan...zx10_speakers/

"Let's start with the $15,000 stereo system: Shoehorned inside the frame is a 600-watt subwoofer, six separate competition-strength car speakers and two amplifiers that up to 1700 watts of power" all this on a ZX10!
Old 27th June 2006, 09:26   #3763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Hey guys speaking of cable I had some time today (thanks to some virus that messed up my PCs) to test some relatively cheap interconnect cables called Percon Broadcast Video Cable VK63 80798. Friend wired my wife's sail with 3 pairs (Front/Rear ans Sub) with this cable and while the bass is not as immediate it was good for the price and the midrange was so nice that I am keeping them for the front and rear instead of the belden. I figure they will break in soon and might sound even better.

BTW I did not get a price. I only know they are cheaper than Belden.
Percon is a good spanish brand of cable, mostly used in professional and commerccial installs. All JBL stores sell percon, as we use these cables for our restaurant/club/shopping mall installs. I can help you anytime with these.
Old 27th June 2006, 09:30   #3764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam, look what I found http://motorcyclistonline.com/newsan...zx10_speakers/

"Let's start with the $15,000 stereo system: Shoehorned inside the frame is a 600-watt subwoofer, six separate competition-strength car speakers and two amplifiers that up to 1700 watts of power" all this on a ZX10!
lol I haven't seen this one. It says those wacky brits - maybe this is a JBL UK thing.

I can see GT0 6 series co-axial speakers at the rear and GTi components in the front.
Old 27th June 2006, 09:48   #3765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I can help you anytime with these.
Sam I got them gratis! The friend who gave them to me would not tell me the price knowing that I would find a way to compensate him accordingly.

Thanks for theinfo though. Percon seems to a good general purpose cable. I set in on my DSO today and in a 6m run noticed very little skin effect even at 100kHz. It seems well made and sounds decent too. I'd say budget cable? Sam you know the price so is it cheaper than Belden as earlier stated?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks