Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 22:22   #3721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Hmm, yeah. I completely second Navin on this one. Minimum VDH or Kimber for interconnects and speaker wiring. You can't compromise on wiring for this setup.
How expensive are these beauties?? .... BRrrrrrrrrrrr...
Old 25th June 2006, 01:44   #3722
Senior - BHPian

Last time when I check the snowline series of vandelhul speaker wire 16 gauge was about 500 rs/meter in delhi.......
Old 25th June 2006, 03:59   #3723
BHPian

Sam / Navin plz help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I dont know any installers in Kolkata. I do know that i held a training session for west bengal Hyundai dealers in Darjeeling and there were a lot of them from Kolkata. Ask them about the drinking and dancing in darjeeling and that fuuny guy with the long hair

Seriously though, I think you can ask Mr. Golcha at Slverline Kolkata. I dont have the number at hand but you can find it at the back of an autocar magazine.

Sam, I'm planning to fit my Pioneer 4-Channel GM-6200F Amplifier under the front passenger seat. Need your final opinion on this or you recomend any modification?

I've purchased 15 mts of 14 gauge speaker wires, do I need more for the installation? Equipments which I'm going to fit are,

1> Sony CDX-GT400 (HU)
2> 4 pairs of Boston Acoustics front and rear speakers
3> 1 Rockford Fosgate 12" sub
4> Pioneer 4-Channel GM-6200F amp
5> EFX amp wiring kit
6> 14 gauge speaker wires (15 mts, do I need more) ?

Whatever you recomend I'm going to do that.
Old 25th June 2006, 04:18   #3724
Senior - BHPian

I think u are good to go..........
Old 25th June 2006, 04:24   #3725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I think u are good to go..........

low_bass_makker, was that answer for me or someone else???
Old 25th June 2006, 10:57   #3726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delu

I've purchased 15 mts of 14 gauge speaker wires, do I need more for the installation? Equipments which I'm going to fit are,

Whatever you recomend I'm going to do that.
If u r going to wire subw with this 14g wire and have component door spk,then u need atleast 20mt.
Old 25th June 2006, 11:13   #3727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
low_bass_makker, was that answer for me or someone else???
I think it was for u only......
Old 25th June 2006, 11:20   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
3> 1 Rockford Fosgate 12" sub
Oops.... sorry for the typo....

It will be 2 pairs of speakers, 1 pair for the front and the other for the rear....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
If u r going to wire subw with this 14g wire and have component door spk,then u need atleast 20mt.
Now I understand why rsjaurr mentioned about component speakers.... Well rsjaurr, none of my speakers are of component type. I'll wire the 2 front, 2 rear and the sub with that 14 gauge 15 mts cable. Now tell me do I need more cables?
Old 25th June 2006, 11:22   #3729
BHPian

I have another question regarding amp remote turn on just to increase my level of understanding. Is remote turn on used by the amp to switch ON and OFF the input power of the amp from the batterry, or it is used to switch ON and OFF the output signal of the amp and the amp consumes power from the batterry whenever the car ignition is on.
Old 25th June 2006, 11:59   #3730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops.... sorry for the typo....

It will be 2 pairs of speakers, 1 pair for the front and the other for the rear....

Now I understand why rsjaurr mentioned about component speakers.... Well rsjaurr, none of my speakers are of component type. I'll wire the 2 front, 2 rear and the sub with that 14 gauge 15 mts cable. Now tell me do I need more cables?
You will need 18-20 mtrs for sure!..

Quote:
I have another question regarding amp remote turn on just to increase my level of understanding. Is remote turn on used by the amp to switch ON and OFF the input power of the amp from the batterry, or it is used to switch ON and OFF the output signal of the amp and the amp consumes power from the batterry whenever the car ignition is on.
Remote turn on, when wired up, ensures the Amplifier switches on ONLY when you switch on the HU ... and shuts down when you power down the HU

Last edited by kb100 : 25th June 2006 at 12:04.
Old 25th June 2006, 14:14   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone upload teh manual of Pioneer 7750 for me. Or a link would do
Old 25th June 2006, 17:37   #3732

Amateur CAR ICE Build

Hi Sam and everyone else!

I have been researching this wonderful thread for a while now and I have also been doing a lot of study into building my own first ICE unit. I have a Palio 1.2 Sports in Bangalore. This is what I have picked out to mate:

The HU: Alpine 9847R - with 3 2v pre-outs.
Front Components: JBL GTO 507
Rear Oval Speakers: Infinity reference series 9603i (found it significantly superior to the JBL GTO937).

No Amp as of now...am planning to build this up very slowly and surely...as and when I learn the trade.

Is that a good build to start with? Anything I should substitute? Am I spending too much? i listen to a wide range of music, so clarity is as important as bass.

Will really appreciate your inputs! Plan to set this up through the middle of this week.

cheers!
Old 25th June 2006, 17:47   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Hi Venky, welcome to TBHP.

Your ICE does look great. I love Alpine's and Infinity and would love to have a setup of these one day But if it was me, I would haev had an Infinity compo at teh frnt.

An amp; start with a 4 good channel amp. You can try Pio, JBL (CS or GTO series) or Alpine ones. Some good Pio amps would be 6100, 944 and JBL has CS 60.4 or if you can the GTO75.4!

A four channel amp as your Hu has 3 preamp outs(frnt/rear/sub). You can add a sub later on (with a mono amp or bridge 2 channels of teh 4 channel amp to power it).
Old 25th June 2006, 19:36   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
You will need 18-20 mtrs for sure!..

Okay...... I'll get another rim (i.e. 15 mts) of the 14g cable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Remote turn on, when wired up, ensures the Amplifier switches on ONLY when you switch on the HU ... and shuts down when you power down the HU

Well this clarifies all my doubt.... tnx kb...
Old 25th June 2006, 20:14   #3735
BHPian

Hi all,

I got my Lancer painted black yesterday and now planning for a good ICE.

I bought an Alpine 9856, and yet to decide on the speakers. I would love to have an all Alpine speaker set, but I guess it will work out heavy on the pocket.

Thought I get the JBL-GTO-506CE (compo) for the fronts and a good Alpine oval for the rear. No amps at the moment, but will have them too in a couple of months.

JK please recommend a good Alpine speaker for the rear and where I could get them in Chennai or Bangalore. Please give me the price of the same.

As for the amp I dont have enough dough to go for an Alpine kit, do I go for a Pioneer or JBLs to drive the 4 speakers and the Sub.

- Harmon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks