Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2006, 03:23   #3646
BHPian

Hei Sam,

I got a question for you ... infact i need your suggestion for selecting the audio for my ZEN ... Right now i am in US and i goanna come back on july end .. So was planning to buy stuffs frm here .. Atleast the HU, then front ant rear speakers ....!!..

So if you can tell me which brand to go for and what config... I am not in to these audio stuffs, so i dunno much about it..

Like Pioneer or sumthing else for HU
Infinity kappa or JBL or something else for front and rear speakers....

Thanks
Old 16th June 2006, 10:06   #3647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~
So if you can tell me which brand to go for and what config... I am not in to these audio stuffs, so i dunno much about it..
Like Pioneer or sumthing else for HU
Infinity kappa or JBL or something else for front and rear speakers....
Me not Sam but I like to poke my nose where it dont belong! :-)

1. unless you are buying something that is not available locally and can service it yourself OR you are getting a huge discount from the local prices buying in India is a lot easier.

2. At best I would say get the HU from the US. The price differences are biggest there and get the speakers and wires locally. Remember if you dont give your installer much business he might not be as inclined to service you when you need it the most.
Old 16th June 2006, 11:23   #3648
BHPian

Thanks for that suggestion NAVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Me not Sam but I like to poke my nose where it dont belong! :-)
it really does belong .. !! i have read the posts posted by you also.. i know you too another techie guy in this area ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
2. At best I would say get the HU from the US. The price differences are biggest there and get the speakers and wires locally..
Thanks for that .. that's a pretty good suggestion .. and i do think the same ... !!

So, which brand do you think would be best to buy.. !!... which one is good in "In dash CD/Mp3 players"?.......
pioneer, alpine, JVC, sony or a blaupunkt....

- As far as my knowledge goes .. (knowledge i got from all these threads )... a pioneer would be best choice ....

Tell me which one to choose......

Thanks
Old 16th June 2006, 11:36   #3649
Senior - BHPian

A high end Pioneer and now everyone is behind teh P80rs. Or get the P8850 ( the one with Burr Brown DAC). My fav still is the Alpine.
Old 16th June 2006, 11:51   #3650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So was planning to buy stuffs frm here .. Atleast the HU, then front ant rear speakers ....!!..

Thanks
Hey Vinz,

Dont worry about not being in the audio stuffs, many people here are not.

Like Navin says, the only stuffs worth buying are HUs from the US, that too if there is a reasonable difference, otherwise it's pointless to bring any stuffs from there.
There are many good speakers you can buy here. Many good choices.
Old 16th June 2006, 11:52   #3651
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So, which brand do you think would be best to buy.. !!... which one is good in "In dash CD/Mp3 players"?.......
pioneer, alpine, JVC, sony or a blaupunkt....
no mention of a budget. Lets assume $200-250 (Rs. 10-12K)
Eclipse CD3000
Alpine 9856
Pioneer 7800 or 6800MP

and for $300-350 (Rs. 14-16K)
Eclipse CD4000
Alpine 9857

BTW any opinon on the Dual 8130.
Old 16th June 2006, 12:02   #3652
BHPian

I would recommend alpine 9855 or 9847 [if he can find these] depending on his budget.

Navin,the only thing worries me abt alpine HU's 2006 range is their cost-cutting measures,like leaving out TA feature.So alpine guys may well have gone for cheaper components too in a bid to reduce prices.

In comparison,alpine 2006 range is much cheaper than 2004-05 range which they couldn't have done without compromising on quality of components they outsource.
Old 16th June 2006, 14:46   #3653
BHPian

If you get a HU from US, make sure that its able to play all FM frequency ranges.
Old 16th June 2006, 22:42   #3654
BHPian

Thanks guys ... jkdas, sam, navin, rsjurr and wiking....

Now that i've got some model numbers, i can check the price there and here .. compare and buy..!!... pio 6800 was the one i was looking in to but then later i saw so many other brands and stuffs in this forum so confused ....

So a pioneer, eclipse, dual or alpine would make sense ... but still a question comes "which one is the best?"............ ..

what about the FM frequencies?... does the FM in india works if i buy from here ?... not sure ....

anyone knows about the HD radio?....

Thanks again guys .. hope you all help me more to select ONE from all these .. ...
Old 16th June 2006, 23:17   #3655
Senior - BHPian

Vinz, donno if I am gonna confuse... ever thought of a DVD HU? or you dont want it?
Old 17th June 2006, 00:55   #3656
BHPian

jkdas,

yea, i've thought of it... soo u've not confusing.....

but aint that bit coastly?...

Just check these .. below $300 there are co many pyle, clarion and kenwood ...!!!...

and one JVC KD-DV6200 - $269.35

All other good brands like alpine, pioneer, sony and all are coastly...

Last edited by ~~VinZ~~ : 17th June 2006 at 01:09.
Old 17th June 2006, 10:37   #3657
Team-BHP Support

1. dont get the Dual. Not yet though. I it is a long story.

2. HD radio is not yet available in India, given the state of FM we have no idea if it ever will be, so why buy a HU that has it unless it has other compelling features.

3. DVD players need screens and more "stuff" (to use your words) so unless you have a kid or 2 in the rear seat you intend to entertain while on a long drive I would not bother. If you do you'd need 2 head rest screens or a drop down screen (can only be used if you dont have a sun roof). and an addiitonal recomendation if oyu are getting the DVD players (for the kids) is to get some nice phones like Alpines SHS252 so the DVD does not disturb you.

4. Doc RSJ is right. Alpine is cutting corners on the 2006 range so some of the 2005 range is nicer. However the 9857 is fine. THe 9856 is a about the cheapest Alpine one can consider (still no TA but how many use it correctly and besides it is only usefull if you have a big sub in the back).
Old 17th June 2006, 10:43   #3658
BHPian

Vinz,for HU alpine,pioneer and eclipse r better brands.Dont think of dual,jvc,pyle etc.

U haven't told us ur budget for HU and what kind of set-up u want to have.I mean how many door spk,any amplifier and subw.So do come up with ur total budget and set-up configuration.

Some HU,like alpine 9853/55 will allow u to tune to both US and Indian freq for radio.U have to read the manuals of HU's to know that.U can download same from crutchfield.com.

and if ur looking for some high-end spk,u certainly can buy it from USA as these will be either costly or not available here.Do compare prices in both countries b4 manking any decision.
Old 17th June 2006, 11:07   #3659
Team-BHP Support

If I were importing I'd get the Alpine 9857 mate it to the Audison LRx5 (reasonable 5ch. amp left after the demise of the Alpine 450) and use a ID12 and 4 Focals for my front and rear.
Old 17th June 2006, 13:00   #3660
BHPian

KB100, what is this chap's name? I would like to meet him someday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks