Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2006, 01:46   #3496
BHPian

Your opinion:
Given the same speaker/amp/woofer combo, how much of a difference, if at all do you think the head unit makes to overall sound in terms of clarity volume etc?...........
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:10   #3497
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I think there's a MRV F450 available in Bombay for about 20-21k. Not sure whether it's still around since I had last heard of it a week back. Could run a check if you're interested.
There are a few available in bangalore for about 23k .. ALpine has indeed stopped the production of the MRV-F450's quite sometime back but people who know their audio well still try to grab their hands on them .. And here i am sitting with one stacked up in my cupboard .. JB , when is the wiring going to be shipped down ?? Just cant wait to shoe horn the system into the baleno .. Coming back to topic , the MRV-F450 is sure a really sweet sounding amp ..
Old 23rd May 2006, 10:40   #3498
BHPian

yup mrv-f450 sure is hard to find. saw 2-3 on ebay and people are pouncing on it like mad. bids go over 350-400 USD for it.
no store in N.America has it. saw a few online stores based in UK selling this amp at very very expensive rates
Old 23rd May 2006, 17:36   #3499
BHPian

hi bhai log,

i just happen to listen to a local audio install in alto(with the 4" local speakers installed in the stock dashboard(near the windsheild) location,damn at that time i understood word the called "Imaging " considering iam having co-axials in my swift ,now one thing is for sure iam goin for components as soon as i have req. moolah with me,but still i had a doubt u see
1)What is Image.
2)Can it be best achieved by having tweeter to be at the ear level considering u still have the mid-range and midbass source much below (near ur foot)....now this brings me to ask how viable is installing 3 way components in my swift without much cuttin -wuttin and can i have them under 10k from a good brand.
Old 23rd May 2006, 21:18   #3500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84
Your opinion:
Given the same speaker/amp/woofer combo, how much of a difference, if at all do you think the head unit makes to overall sound in terms of clarity volume etc?...........
Hey Kiddo,

This has been discussed many times over. LOTS.

GIGO. Start with a good HU and everythings good from there on. Dont forget, pre-amps, DACs many things in a HU will dictate the nature of the sound in your car.
Old 23rd May 2006, 21:22   #3501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
hi bhai log,

1)What is Image.
2)Can it be best achieved by having tweeter to be at the ear level considering u still have the mid-range and midbass source much below (near ur foot)....now this brings me to ask how viable is installing 3 way components in my swift without much cuttin -wuttin and can i have them under 10k from a good brand.
Image is essentially best explained as the way sound presents itself to you finally. The way your ears percieve the sound, locate the source and origin.

3 Way components in your swift are a bit much. Stick to coax in the rear and components in the front. Add a subwoofer if you like (That is 3 way, incidentally)
Good component speakers for the swift will cost you abbout 6500/-
Old 24th May 2006, 00:37   #3502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
hi bhai log,

i just happen to listen to a local audio install in alto(with the 4" local speakers installed in the stock dashboard(near the windsheild) location,damn at that time i understood word the called "Imaging " considering iam having co-axials in my swift ,now one thing is for sure iam goin for components as soon as i have req. moolah with me,but still i had a doubt u see
1)What is Image.
i used to think that good sound is possible only with compos. but my JBL 426 and 936, pioneer 6100 amp sounds pretty good. Sam opened my eyes.
Old 24th May 2006, 03:29   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Arrey Bhai

God gave us ears designed to hear from the front. Our ears can pickup sounds from the front and this can be better translated (as compared to a rear soundstage) into a representation of the music as the artist & studio engineer intended. Which means, in a song you should be able to tell where most of the instruments are placed. Example: guitar may be on your left, kick drums and cymbals on your left, singer in the center of the dash. When you are able to achieve this, your brain has succsfully reconstructed the soundstage and this is called good 'imaging'. In the car environment, a good image can be achieved when your soudstage is high, up on the dash level.

Good imaging is rarely achieved without great installation and equipment. Rare... but not impossible, sometimes cars with 4"/5" dash locations can achive good imaging quite easily.

A 3way component set can help in a big way. The Woofer does the bass, the Midrange does the vocals and midrange and the treble is produced by the tweeter. Each driver can be placed optimally and does application specific work.

Like Image Dynamics says.... IMAGE IS EVERYTHING.
Old 24th May 2006, 12:09   #3504
BHPian

ok,let me listen to some 3-way comp &compare it with a 2 way .....i guess then i will be in better position to invest on the right equipment
Old 24th May 2006, 12:16   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hey Kiddo,

This has been discussed many times over. LOTS.

GIGO. Start with a good HU and everythings good from there on. Dont forget, pre-amps, DACs many things in a HU will dictate the nature of the sound in your car.
Thanks Sam,
I tried searching but obviously didnt do a good enough job.

BTW, do you know what (brand) speakers/music system is used in a SKoda LAura? Also what other components it has, i.e amps, woofer etc..My friend just bought one and was wondering, I think it(she!) has 3 way components, front and back(?)

Suhail
Old 25th May 2006, 09:11   #3506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84
Thanks Sam,
I tried searching but obviously didnt do a good enough job.

BTW, do you know what (brand) speakers/music system is used in a SKoda LAura? Also what other components it has, i.e amps, woofer etc..My friend just bought one and was wondering, I think it(she!) has 3 way components, front and back(?)

Suhail
she? she should be having a 2 piece thingy. I would have preffered nothing on her ( the car; teh Laura!)
Old 26th May 2006, 17:41   #3507

hello friends,

I will be booking my Palio 1.6 sometime next week. Regarding my ICE setup, I have been reading through this forum and decided on the following:

1. Head Unit (either Pioneer or Alpine)
2. Components (JBL)
3. 6"x 9" Coax for the rear (Again JBL GTO 936e)

As of now I am not planning for an amp or Sub woofer as of now but it is in my future upgrade plans (Budget constraints - Max is 30K). Is the above setup fine or do i need to in for an amp immed?

Additionally, when i was discussion this setup with a dealer (Bhandari Auto in Pune), he was stressing on the fact the in the front it is not necessary to go in for a component system as the coaxs in the rear would overpower the fronts. How right is he? If yes, then what is the alternative solution so that my rears does not overpower my front CS?

Additionally, if any of the gurus have any idea abt the ICE dealers in Pune, who would the right choice amongst the three below:
1. Bhandari Auto
2. Modern
3. Bafna

Thanking you all in advance and sorry if this question has been discussed earlier.
Old 26th May 2006, 18:05   #3508
Distinguished - BHPian

Components will always sound better in the front, compared to coax speakers. In fact when you connect components in the front, you can fade the sound forward...
or even connect an amplifier or whatever. If you have the budget, definitely go for the components.
Old 26th May 2006, 21:03   #3509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtoslynx
Additionally, when i was discussion this setup with a dealer (Bhandari Auto in Pune), he was stressing on the fact the in the front it is not necessary to go in for a component system as the coaxs in the rear would overpower the fronts. How right is he?

Additionally, if any of the gurus have any idea abt the ICE dealers in Pune, who would the right choice amongst the three below:
1. Bhandari Auto
2. Modern
3. Bafna
1) The dealer is trying to sell the Blaupunkt ovals which he has stocked.
2) None of them for the install. Since you are opting for JBL speakers try the Bhagat's from Somwar peth or you may go to Sound Factor in Koregaon Park.

THE SOUND FACTOR
B/4, Mantri Manor, lane 5,
Koregoan Park, Pune.
(+91 20) 2613 8305
98233 73332
98233 63332

BHAGAT T.V & CMS
Bhagat Bungalow
325, Somwar Peth, Opp Shahu Garden,
Pune-411 011.
(+91 20) 2612 1205

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th May 2006 at 21:05.
Old 27th May 2006, 12:40   #3510
BHPian

Santro audio system help

Hi All,

I'm new to this group and seems to me like there are couple gurus here. Well, to all the gurus, I have a simple query. Presently I'm in US and wish to purchase an MP3 player for my 2004 Santro Xing from here as you all know that here we get a vide variety of MP3 player, amplifiers and speaker systems.

My question is can anybody help me out with the specifications and suggessions of all the required things which I need to purchase here and should fit my Santro xing of 2004 model to setup an excellent audio system in my car once I go back. I'm really worried about specification mismatch. I personally prefer SONY but I can go for a full BOSE system also but don't know whether it would fit my SAntro or not. Budget is not at all a constraint but again I don't want to convert my car into a Car theatre system with heart pounding beats. It should be cute.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated. Even if someone can confirm me whether Santro and Accent share the same specification that will also be great.

Tx in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks